S5 Rom on S4

Search This thread

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
For those of you looking for a complete working S5 Rom that works on your S4 go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797186
And check it out....it is the Rom I am currently running on my phone.
The obvious things like heart rate monitor don't work so let's not be ridiculous.
But things like ultimate power saver, kids mode, etc. Work.
I would guess wifi calling does not work do to it being international. ..I don't use it so Idk.

I'm sure other roms from the i9505 forum work just as well if not all of them....I personally have only tried 2...and both worked like a charm...
Again....I don't use wifi calling or texting but I'm pretty sure it don't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: diveoz

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I was looking at this ROM earlier lol. Got caught up in the Bobcat theme and forgot to try it out. Thanks for the heads up tho.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
For those of you looking for a complete working S5 Rom that works on your S4 go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797186
The obvious things like heart rate monitor don't work so let's not be ridiculous.
I would guess wifi calling does not work do to it being international. ..I don't use it so Idk.

I'm sure other roms from the i9505 forum work just as well if not all of them....I personally have only tried 2...and both worked like a charm...

Thanks for your post. I'll try it tomorrow. What kernels do you flash, tmo or i9505?

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
I just ran with the kernel that's baked in and it is fine....He is working on an update so I would hold on and just watch for it a few days.

Thanks Shortbus-Driver. In true flashaholic form I stayed up way to late last night try it out but the flash failed. :laugh:
Did you make any modifications to the installation script to get it to work, or do you think it was my download?

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
Yes the wifi worked as well as the wifi hotspot.
I don't know if the wifi hotspot worked fresh from flash or not cuz I always flash the wifi hotspot fix just incase

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
Sure enough... Works like a charm. Thanks so much shortbus! I dirty flashed it over imperium and all was well.

You have opened up a new set of awesome ROMs available to us. Now I'm venturing out and trying other i9505 ROMs.

I just installed phoenix and it seems to run well! Its only been installed for an hour but no FCs or errors so far.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2349584

Reactions: Shortbus-Driver
Mar 13, 2014
Wow this Rom is great! I downloaded and flashed it just like a normal Rom, no extra kernels or dowlnoads needed and its running like a charm :good:

darklime

Oct 26, 2013
Compatible?

The thread you posted says it's for "Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506" and I'm not sure which one is for Tmo. Those sounds like the international version. Would we able to use those on a Tmo S4?

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
The thread you posted says it's for "Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506" and I'm not sure which one is for Tmo. Those sounds like the international version. Would we able to use those on a Tmo S4?

The OP links to RivalStorm which is a ROM for the i9505 variant. In his post shortbus was pointing out that RivalStorm can be flashed on our m919 devices without any concern for ending up with an expensive paper weight. ;)

To further it, I have now flashed multiple touchwiz roms for the i9505 and have never run into a problem. Sure some things are borked here and there, but those are issues that i9505 owners would likely have as well.

I believe that the reason we have no issues with these roms as compared to other international variants is that our device shares the same processor as the i9505, and there is no carrier specific bloatwear to bork things, whereas, other international variants have octacore processors which would clearly have comparability issues in the OS.

ROMS I have flashed without incident are as follows:
RivalStorm
Imperium
Phoenix
Samy Deluxe, and
YCD

I am presently running Imperium as my daily driver but have also run Phoenix as a daily driver for a long time. Both are excellent s5 ROMS that run flawlessly as far as I have seen.

I have not flashed any GPE ROMS from the i9505 forum as we have quite a few available to us in the m919 android development forum. Moreover I traded in my Nexus 5 for a S4 in part because I was bored with vanilla android, so they don't interest me anyway. I have not flashed any Foreign kernels other than those contained in the i9505 ROMS, though I think it is likely safe to do so since the kernels in the i9505 ROMS cause no issues. Nor have I flashed any M919 kernels into the i9505 ROMS.

Happy flashing!

Last edited:

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
The OP links to RivalStorm which is a ROM for the i9505 variant. In his post shortbus was pointing out that RivalStorm can be flashed on our m919 devices without any concern for ending up with an expensive paper weight. ;)

To further it, I have now flashed multiple touchwiz roms for the i9505 and have never run into a problem. Sure some things are borked here and there, but those are issues that i9505 owners would likely have as well.

I believe that the reason we have no issues with these roms as compared to other international variants is that our device shares the same processor as the i9505, and there is no carrier specific bloatwear to bork things, whereas, other international variants have octacore processors which would clearly have comparability issues in the OS.

RivalStorm
Imperium
Phoenix
Samy Deluxe, and
YCD

I am presently running Imperium as my daily driver but have also run Phoenix as a daily driver for a long time. Both are excellent s5 ROMS that run flawlessly as far as I have seen.

I have not flashed any GPE ROMS from the i9505 forum as we have quite a few available to us in the m919 android development forum. Moreover I traded in my Nexus 5 for a S4 in part because I was bored with vanilla android, so they don't interest me anyway. I have not flashed any Foreign kernels other than those contained in the i9505 ROMS, though I think it is likely safe to do so since the kernels in the i9505 ROMS cause no issues. Nor have I flashed any M919 kernels into the i9505 ROMS.

Happy flashing!

Do I have to input T-Mobile APN settings with the i9505 ROMS?

darklime

Oct 26, 2013

RivalStorm
Imperium
Phoenix
Samy Deluxe, and
YCD

Happy flashing!

I notice with Phoenix I get a delay in when I press the home button. Does this happen in Imperium or Samy or is this just a touchwiz nuisance? And ty!

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
I notice with Phoenix I get a delay in when I press the home button. Does this happen in Imperium or Samy or is this just a touchwiz nuisance? And ty!

I haven't noticed such a specific lag. I came from the nexus 5 which has less lag overall than the SG s4. Moreover, the s4 has so much bloat that lag here and there doesn't surprise me at all. That said, no I haven't noticed it. I'm on imperium and tested it for giggles and no problem there.

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA

Well if you want to utilize T-Mobiles LTE speeds 40MB/s+, you'd want to check if the APN's set to "fast.t-mobile.com."
Most of the i9505 ROMs I've used don't have that APN preset, so I always entered it in myself. It just takes a couple seconds to check which one you're on and a couple more seconds to enter it in..
I haven't ran into any i9505 ROMs, that didn't work, which is why I don't visit this TMobile forum that much, there's much more action over on the i9505 forums especially with different ROMs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: diveoz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RivalStorm
    Imperium
    Phoenix
    Samy Deluxe, and
    YCD

Happy flashing!

Sure enough... Works like a charm. Thanks so much shortbus! I dirty flashed it over imperium and all was well.

You have opened up a new set of awesome ROMs available to us. Now I'm venturing out and trying other i9505 ROMs.

I just installed phoenix and it seems to run well! Its only been installed for an hour but no FCs or errors so far.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2349584

Good question! No, I've never had to fix an APN after flashing any of the above mentioned ROMs. They work right out of the box.

Well if you want to utilize T-Mobiles LTE speeds 40MB/s+, you'd want to check if the APN's set to "fast.t-mobile.com."
    Most of the i9505 ROMs I've used don't have that APN preset, so I always entered it in myself. It just takes a couple seconds to check which one you're on and a couple more seconds to enter it in..
    I haven't ran into any i9505 ROMs, that didn't work, which is why I don't visit this TMobile forum that much, there's much more action over on the i9505 forums especially with different ROMs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app