Unleashed 2.5! Blur-Be-Gone Spray for all those annoying bugs!

Search This thread

Matt4542

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 5, 2010
Connecticut
www.matt4542.net
DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR R2D2 DROID 2! IF YOU DO AND YOUR BRICK YOUR PHONE I WILL NOT HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This is a re-release. The reason the last release was pulled was because things that I did not notice during testing were happening. Various applications were crashing and other bugs. Sorry for the issues.

Webst3r for helping me with the original black bar port.
JRummy16 for helping me with the services.jar
RobStemen for the amazing boot animation
tgwaste for the framework-res.apk and the custom icons(vibrate and the battery) and the MMS icons for better look on the black status bar.
To all my beta testers in the #epicrom IRC(If you go to the IRC and are there regularly you will be able to get pre-releases or beta releases of the rom to try and test and report bugs back to me)

Changelog:
Bug fixes
New black notification bar
Updated stock applications

What is included:
Black notification bar.
HTC Clock Widget
Motoblur mostly removed
Modified messaging application(Credit to Cyanogen)
Chips-Ahoy Cookies :)

Screen shots are here

Download is here (You click "here" :p)

For support please join my IRC chat at http://www.webchat.freenode.net in channel #epicrom.

Please if you feel it right to, donate. I am trying to get enough money to but a DROIDX to also develop on there. Please if you would like to donate here. Please read the whole page.

If anyone posts a fix below in the responses please do not attempt to use it or do anything with it until I confirm it is a legitimate fix or if it will do damage to your device.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

metman87

Jan 18, 2009
just loaded. looks great. love the new images upon bootup. gmail just crashed as soon as it loaded though. could be specific to my phone though. anyway thanks a lot man

Hulkcrawler

Aug 29, 2010
Salt Lake City
Downloading now. :) I've been waiting for this, and I'll give some feedback on my results. Thanks a lot, Matt; I appreciate your hard work. Expect a donation your way from me soon.

pathfin9

Jun 16, 2010
Is swype enabled on this version? If not, how to we go about getting it back on?

Thanks!

-John

walcs

Sep 4, 2010
Good job this time! I just backed up my D2 with Tranquility and flashed this one on top of it, so far so good, no problems, gmail is working, contacts list synced, market is working too! love the black theme, its SICKK

Hulkcrawler

Aug 29, 2010
Salt Lake City
Awesome. Lightning fast, contacts and Google are working great, and I haven't had any lock-screen freezes so far like I did frequently on 2.0. I love the new battery indicator addition. :D

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Haha I just like to help :)

DUDE! I can't even begin to tell you how good this rom is!!!! It incorporates all the best features,,,minimal moto blur if any,,,black notification bar with actual white lettering which seems to be a hard thing these days for some devs, super fast. I am playing with it now and so far i am finding no bugs at all.

GET THIS ROM NOW AND SUPPORT HIS WORK!

Sep 14, 2010
Sweetness....

Matt, this rom is SICK! I just noticed a few of the bugs today with 2.0 and lowe and behold, when i get home you were already on it and had 2.5 out...... MAJOR KUDOS BRO!!! Keep up the WONDERFUL work, and btw...... the black bar is tight as hell.... 640k is a retard, don't change a thing.

fbcash

Dec 15, 2008
Thanks Matt!

Matt downloading now. Will report back after some testing. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I might even have to send you some more money :)

walcs

Sep 4, 2010
Some how the Caldendar is not working again, when I try to create a event, it just crashes.