[CLOSED][APP] Quick Locale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DevJackey

Jul 8, 2011
devjackey.wordpress.com
Hi Everyone, I'm a new developer and Quick Locale is my first app

As the name suggests, this app is a quick way to switch the locale, or your phone's language.

Features:
  • Launch the app from the App Drawer to instantly go to a list of languages. Click to change.
  • Widget Support! Create a widget on the Homescreen and preselect languages
  • One click to change language on widgets.
  • Able to launch full list of languages from Widget, if Full List was preselected.

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-0-0

This app should be compatible with most devices. If there's any problems, leave me a response or an email.
Please leave any suggestions or feature requests too.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.devjackey.quicklocale

Please test it out and give me any feedback.
A Pro version with more widget sizes will be released soon.

StellaDel

Nov 29, 2005
London / Moscow
www.stelladel.com
Great App and very useful, tried it out on my Desire HD, couple of points the radio buttons are very small on the widget, I found myself pressing three or four times not knowing if i was successful. Because of this it seemed to have some lag before I got the message box saying please wait updating system.

Apart from that, sweet...

ogami_ito

Sep 25, 2007
Quick question

Hi,

I use this, but not sure if using correctly.

I have set a custom setting, with language to English, but location to China, as that is where I am. My hope is that numbers/ address formats will be according to China standards, but display of programs will be in English. But, it really just seems to use American address fields (state, postal code, etc). Is this how it should work?

DevJackey

Jul 8, 2011
devjackey.wordpress.com
Great App and very useful, tried it out on my Desire HD, couple of points the radio buttons are very small on the widget, I found myself pressing three or four times not knowing if i was successful. Because of this it seemed to have some lag before I got the message box saying please wait updating system.

Apart from that, sweet...

Ahh sorry, I should have mentioned that those things that looks like buttons are not buttons. They're light indicators that turn green if the language is currently being used. The part that can be touched is the big square block with the language name.
The light indicators actually don't respond to touch at all. So pressing them an infinite amount of times shouldn't bring any response.

But thank you for the suggestion. I'll make those indicators respond to touch in a future update.

DevJackey

Jul 8, 2011
devjackey.wordpress.com
Hi,

I use this, but not sure if using correctly.

I have set a custom setting, with language to English, but location to China, as that is where I am. My hope is that numbers/ address formats will be according to China standards, but display of programs will be in English. But, it really just seems to use American address fields (state, postal code, etc). Is this how it should work?

The app works as a duplicate of the Language settings in your Settings. If you change the language to English, everything will be English as if you had changed it in the settings.

From my understanding, the number and address formats are also tied into the Locale so to get the result that you want, you need to make sure your phone has English for a Chinese Country. I think Hong Kong uses English and the Chinese format. I believe you might need the Locale en-hk or read as English (Hong Kong).

My app is only used to switch between languages in a more convenient way, so its unable to provide you with the Locale you need if your device doesn't support it. I suggest taking a look at the app MoreLocale2 from C-LIS Crazy Lab.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Please update for Android 9-up, fiture change language and Time zone with one click. Thanks
Please be aware that this developer hasn't been seen on XDA for more than 10 years. I've now closed this thread as the last post prior to yours was about 12 years ago and the download link is not functionable.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone, I'm a new developer and Quick Locale is my first app

As the name suggests, this app is a quick way to switch the locale, or your phone's language.

Features:
    • Launch the app from the App Drawer to instantly go to a list of languages. Click to change.
    • Widget Support! Create a widget on the Homescreen and preselect languages
    • One click to change language on widgets.
    • Able to launch full list of languages from Widget, if Full List was preselected.

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-0-0

This app should be compatible with most devices. If there's any problems, leave me a response or an email.
    Please leave any suggestions or feature requests too.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.devjackey.quicklocale

Please test it out and give me any feedback.
    A Pro version with more widget sizes will be released soon.