Excess Deleted Items On Phone

Search This thread

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
Yesterday, I used one of those retrieval apps to get back a couple pics that were accidentally deleted. But when it finished, it shows I have a little over a thousand pics alone that have been deleted, along with numerous other items.
How can I deleted those things in there? Will that free up any space on my phone (not having storage problems now, but would just like to have the space available)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Anyone?

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel

i would think sense they are deleted they are not taking up space that just like in windows the address of the files are erased allowing a new file to be written to that area the reason you can see them with the recovery progam is because nothing has overwritten where the deleted files are

Reactions: Kamau54

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
i would think sense they are deleted they are not taking up space that just like in windows the address of the files are erased allowing a new file to be written to that area the reason you can see them with the recovery progam is because nothing has overwritten where the deleted files are

I just wasn't sure, being that Android and Windows are two different systems. It also surprised me at the amount of stuff that's in there that can be retrieved.
Anyway, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone?

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel