Security and Optimizations Analysis 25/07/14

Search This thread

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
I've personally approached monx about sharing work and ideas but he clearly has no intention of doing so; he has not responded but he continues to post in his topics.

That's fine. I'm only interested in continuing to better this watch and I have my own things to work on. As far as battery tweaks, I've managed to stabilize that (one of my users mentioned battery life 4-5 days with regular use) and I've managed to make quite a few gains.

Some of the things I would like to share involve making BT more stable and accessible across all ROMs, but again... he has no interest in sharing.

So while some of you hang from his beard as though Loki is the bad guy here, remember the ROM you love so much came from Loki's work and from the relationship I continue to foster with the CEO of this company.

But hey, no worries. Keep on praising a glorified themer who won't share his work with anyone else.

I'll be back here when I get my hands on the KK build.

I'm not sure anyone is praising him or his ROM....

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Passing through.... Let's make sure this does not get personal and that we keep it respectful in tone ... Cheers

I refer you to post #10. As a result of this situation going on for weeks now, I've already pulled everything I've ever released on xda and will not ever release on xda again. I will also not be part of any works released any xda or assist devs whose projects are released here.

I'm also not the only dev that has either walked away from the four or five devices this section covers, or have walked away from xda completely. All because of one dev and his continued violations of GPL, copyrights and forum rules.

Last edited:

jhax01

Jan 16, 2010
I refer you to post #10. As a result of this situation going on for weeks now, I've already pulled everything I've ever released on xda and will not ever release on xda again. I will also not be part of any works released any xda or assist devs whose projects are released here.

I'm also not the only dev that has either walked away from the four or five devices this section covers, or have walked away from xda completely. All because of one dev and his continued violations of GPL, copyrights and forum rules.

Imperium Operative is still my daily driver...some of the sensors may not work, but other than that--excellent battery life and functional for my needs...been away for a while and bummed to find out that it won't get any improvements, but totally understand your position. Guess I better make sure I have backups of my backups...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All checks and analysis were done to fresh installs only. No additional apps were installed except for those required for the security checks. The analysis is of currently active projects ONLY.

[ROM] Stock official firmware 20140513

Security Check Results;
    CVE-2013-6271
    CVE-2013-7373
    CVE-2014-1939
    CVE-2013-7372
    CVE-2014-1600
    Masterkey 9950697
    Masterkey 10148049
    USSD

Optimizations;
    CPU Governor- Stock
    SDCard Cache- Stock
    OOM- Stock
    SYSCTL- Stock
    Network- Stock
    Build.prop- Stock

BT Tether (watch>phone>internet);
    Not working

BT Companion;
    Not working

Kernel
    Whatever kernel is provided.

[ROM] monxDIFIED™ SMART ROM ? SECURE + BT TETHERING v01-04

Security Check Results;
    CVE-2013-6271
    CVE-2013-7373
    CVE-2014-1939
    CVE-2013-7372
    CVE-2014-1600
    Masterkey 9950697
    Masterkey 10148049
    USSD

Optimizations;
    CPU Governor- Stock
    SDCard Cache- Stock
    OOM- Stock
    SYSCTL- Stock
    Network- Stock
    Build.prop- Minimal edits (Density config, Enable USB debugging, Disable debugging notify, Disable Bytecode, Disable sending data and logging)

Not properly working. Blue icon, no connection. Browser, Play Store, Voice Search, Google Now, Maps, etc., all fail to find a connection.

BT Companion;
    Not properly working

Kernel
    Whatever kernel you have prior to flashing is what you get.

[ROM] 07.06 EnSec STOCK Secure
    (Continuation of the, Omate officially supported and approved, EnSec Project by Adam Outler, ClearD , Dees Troy, kuronosan and others.)

Security Check Results;
    CVE-2013-6271
    CVE-2013-7373
    CVE-2014-1939
    CVE-2013-7372
    Masterkey 9950697
    Masterkey 10148049
    USSD

Optimizations;
    CPU Governor- Tuned for lower CPU clocks under load to save battery
    SDCard Cache- Tuned for optimal R/W speeds
    OOM- Stock
    SYSCTL- Tuned
    Network- Tuned
    Build.prop- Multiple edits (Density config, Network, playback, etc....)

Not working

BT Companion;
    Not working

Kernel
    Device specific matched kernel.

[ROM] mystery companion ROM
    (if you don't know, don't ask. If you do know, don't tell)

Security Check Results;
    CVE-2013-6271
    CVE-2013-7373
    CVE-2014-1939
    CVE-2013-7372

Optimizations;
    CPU Governor- Tuned for lower CPU clocks under load to save battery
    SDCard Cache- Tuned for optimal R/W speeds
    OOM- Tuned
    SYSCTL- Tuned
    Network- Tuned
    Build.prop- Multiple edits (Density config, Network, playback, etc....)

Not properly working

BT Companion;
    Mostly functional. Working notifications, working contacts sync, working remote app management, working speaker phone. Remote camera control not working,

Kernel
    Whatever kernel you have prior to flashing is what you get.
    Glad to hear kuronosan! I understand if you don't want to release it here, maybe you could PM me where you plan to release it or something? I've been interested in what you've been doing, and you have said some things in the past that sound promising (like news of KK and the like).

Thanks for sticking with it, and again to all the devs for all the previous work that helped us get as far as we are.

I've personally approached monx about sharing work and ideas but he clearly has no intention of doing so; he has not responded but he continues to post in his topics.

That's fine. I'm only interested in continuing to better this watch and I have my own things to work on. As far as battery tweaks, I've managed to stabilize that (one of my users mentioned battery life 4-5 days with regular use) and I've managed to make quite a few gains.

Some of the things I would like to share involve making BT more stable and accessible across all ROMs, but again... he has no interest in sharing.

So while some of you hang from his beard as though Loki is the bad guy here, remember the ROM you love so much came from Loki's work and from the relationship I continue to foster with the CEO of this company.

But hey, no worries. Keep on praising a glorified themer who won't share his work with anyone else.

I'll be back here when I get my hands on the KK build.
    awesome, what a helpful person.

Thanks for standing by the community.

Adam Outler, Dees Troy, kuronosan, ChiefzReloaded, ClearD and myself all work(ed) together on the TrueSmart/x201. Almost all work released on xda and any other forums, English or otherwise, is either based on our work, or authorized mirrors of our work. Some of our work is even in official firmware as we have worked with Omate since October of last year on issues.

I maintained an updated archive of almost every firmware and ROM released for not only the TrueSmart but the entire x201 platform and did security checks on all of it as well as look for any changes that may benefit all x201 users. I was also responsible for the core ROM work as well as being part of the early TWRP development and assisting the other devs with their work. Adam Outler, Dees Troy and kuronosan have all referenced my work at one point or another for their own works. In fact my work was called "amazing" by Adam Outer and "required" buy multiple other devs.

monx STOLE the work of at least five other devs and never even so much as apologized, then have repeated called other devs wannabe's.

And as far as the security and optimizations analysis, those results are after a peer review in which all the results matched. monx has called it b$ and and yet again called multiple devs wannabes.

I have better things to do than be part of a community that allows an ass like monx to kang, distribute an admitted trojan infected ROM and call multiple devs that came before him wannabe's and be a general ass with little repercussions.

In short. This section would not even be here if it was not for myself and a couple others. Also, the vast majority of the work, support and info would not even exist. This is not the first device I've done this for either. I did my part, and more.
    Who says I quit?
    Awesome. This device already had a bad rep with the devs for various reasons, then this monx guy swoops in to crush any remaining hope we had. Oh well, I'm thankful for what you guys have done, I actually enjoy my TS because of you guys, and that's all I could have asked for.

I'm still working on quite a few projects. Stay tuned. They likely won't end up here, but you never know.