[Q] Overclocking

Search This thread

LittleConfucy

Feb 14, 2013
Berisso
Is it safe to overclock the processor and GPU a bit? Asking this since this tablet's processor is simply an underclocked Snapdragon 600.
(If I do, I'll be using ElementalX)

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
Google Pixel 4 XL
I don't think it makes that much sense. The s4 pro is already fast and does everything (and I mean everything) 600s and 800s can (obviously not considering chipset-specific tasks that our devices are not capable of in any case). I own a n4, same exact SoC and clock speed, and overclocking can be done up to 1.75 GHz. Even if I were to overclock I'd avoid the GPU. In any case follow the instructions provided by your kernel dev, he surely knows best :D

Reactions: LittleConfucy

Bonerock

Jul 10, 2014
Montevideo
When you install ElementalX, the installer will guide you.
I'd recommmend you to overclock the cpu to 1.7 GHz and the gpu to 450 MHz. With everything else, just stick to the default.

LittleConfucy

Feb 14, 2013
Berisso
When you install ElementalX, the installer will guide you.
I'd recommmend you to overclock the cpu to 1.7 GHz and the gpu to 450 MHz. With everything else, just stick to the default.

I overclocked to 1.7 GHz and the GPU up to 491 MHz, but the performance improvement wasn't even notable and I got only 800 more points on AnTuTu and 3 or 4 more FPS on 3DMark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think it makes that much sense. The s4 pro is already fast and does everything (and I mean everything) 600s and 800s can (obviously not considering chipset-specific tasks that our devices are not capable of in any case). I own a n4, same exact SoC and clock speed, and overclocking can be done up to 1.75 GHz. Even if I were to overclock I'd avoid the GPU. In any case follow the instructions provided by your kernel dev, he surely knows best :D