LG Nitro HD

Search This thread

mysterioustko

Sep 15, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
thesmartphonechamp.com
I agree. LG really screwed the pooch. Buggy as hell launch FROYO and a severely delayed quasi-buggy GB update that bricked 1\3rd of the phones.

I love my G2x and it is a beast but no thanks to LG. XDA bailed me out this time and really fixed it up. Won't be doing that again.

Plus we all know about their IPS screens (backlight bleeding?) Pass. Sadly, Samsung and Asus (Asus can have my money any time) is the only manufacturer really stepping up lately. Hopefully HTC will wake back up.

LG G2x - 2.3.7 CM7
Asus Transformer - 3.7 Revolver OC/UV
EXACTLY! If it weren't for XDA, that phone would have been complete garbage. I feel bad for those that have the g2x and don't know anything about xda. I got rid of my G2X as soon as the Sensation came out. lol Funny enough I went back to my Nexus S from the Sensation (the Nexus S was just a better phone IMO). After that I decided since I've had both Nexus phones and had nothing but good experiences that from this point forward I'm sticking with Nexus phones.

And no one should underestimate the impact of this. The G2X/O2X are as cursed a phone as ever unleashed on the masses. While the h/w seemed OK, LG is totally clueless about s/w. It took them six months to release 2.3 for the G2X and even then they left the kernel on 2.2. The reboot issues, funky radio implementation, screwed up power usage, and LCD screen bleed are all legend among former owners. Maybe someday they'll take high-end smartphones seriously but after my G2X experience I wouldn't even buy an LG toaster.

I agree 100%. LG's software is horrendous. The Nitro doesn't even mildly spark my interest. Until LG can show they can make a decent high end phone, as far as I'm concerned they aren't even in the conversation about a potential phone purchase. SN: The back of the nitro is hideous. lol It looks like someone put a black sock over the back of the phone. It's terrible lol.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
. SN: The back of the nitro is hideous. lol It looks like someone put a black sock over the back of the phone. It's terrible lol.

I actually really like the backing to this phone. I own the SGS2 and the Skyrocket and prefer the backing of this phone to the both of these phones. It even has a better back than the HTC Vivid.

isikh

Jul 16, 2009
NY
I've used the phone, and I have one for sale. I'm a member of the media, and I've reviewed other LG phones, and the Nitro HD is the best to date. G2x was crap, compared to the Nitro HD..

go2mo2

Aug 25, 2008
I've just sold my Optimus 3d, now this is supposedly LG's flagship phone. It only just got gingerbread last week!! Random reboots, force closes and weighs a ton. Cost me £440 new sim free 3 and a half months ago. Just sold on eBay with all official accessories worth £100 for £205. LG phones are worthless! Never again lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

HeavenlyWinds

Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Are you kidding me? LG makes the worst smartphones ever (next to Acer). The software updates are EXTREMELYYYYY SLOWWWWW,and even when they come..they are half done and make the device en slower.

RoboMonkey

Mar 13, 2011
People said the same thing about Samsung and look at them now. :)
The Nitro eats the SkyRockets Lunch in quality.

buckwheat.phd

Aug 17, 2011
Life's good.

Sent from my samsung gt i9250 which is in the wrong state.

Actually it's Lucky Golden. They advertise in North America as Life's Good after taking 3-4 years of ridicule from the press. For a while there, they wouldn't publish the actual name outside of Aisa out of embarrassment. So they came up with this lifegood thing when sales went through the floor. They still made superior equipment, but who's gonna buy a $5,000 - Lucky Golden - refrigerator?

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
Like how you wouldn't buy a $500 High Tech Computer phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

zyo

Aug 12, 2008
an LG phone thread in a Nexus forum....really?

Any LG phones dont come in the same league as a Nexus.

Speaking of which, even the nexus one got updated to Gingerbread and is probably less laggy than the latest dual core 1G ram super high res dual camera 3D LG phone.

LG phone = not in a million years

buckwheat.phd

Aug 17, 2011
Because LG doesn't have a Nitro forum on this site. This is the XDA-Samsung board. And has Samsung updated any of it's phones from last Summer, like the Infuse? Nope. It still runs 2.2 like it or not. They even pulled the infuse off the shelves after a long 2 month run. Wait till the Nexus gets replaced in February with no further support after it's long 2 month run - if it ever gets released.

Anyway after 3 Razr's with everything from a failed system board to a bad screen to broken buttons, it got returned for a Rezound

Last edited:

skyhigh2004

Oct 10, 2010
Saint Cloud MN
Because LG doesn't have a Nitro forum on this site. This is the XDA-Samsung board. And has Samsung updated any of it's phones from last Summer, like the Infuse? Nope. It still runs 2.2 like it or not. They even pulled the infuse off the shelves after a long 2 month run. Wait till the Nexus gets replaced in February with no further support after it's long 2 month run - if it ever gets released.

Anyway after 3 Razr's with everything from a failed system board to a bad screen to broken buttons, it got returned for a Rezound

Nexus gets replaced in February and no more support? Have you ever had a nexus device before lol? The infuse never was or will be a flagship. The galaxy nexus will have great support and more development than most other phones. Look at previous nexus forums.

sent from my Sensation 4G

constantschange

Jan 2, 2011

You sir must have never owned a Nexus device before. This is how it should've read "Wait till the Nitro gets replaced in February with no further support after it's long 2 month run." That makes wayyyyyyyyyyy more sense.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Actually it's Lucky Golden. They advertise in North America as Life's Good after taking 3-4 years of ridicule from the press. For a while there, they wouldn't publish the actual name outside of Aisa out of embarrassment. So they came up with this lifegood thing when sales went through the floor. They still made superior equipment, but who's gonna buy a $5,000 - Lucky Golden - refrigerator?

I thought it was Lucky Goldstar.

The Thrill (still on froyo) was my first and last LG Android Phone. Everyone in that forum will have you believe because its omap 4 it will be the easiest to port ICS to. I think even a Nexus phone would be a tough sell if it was an LG. They need time.

But, as others said, similar things were said about Samsung not that long ago. Hopefully LG can pick up the ball as fast as Samsung did.

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
I'm gonna buy this phone in a few weeks, and was reading up on it. These comments are way off base.

Hardware and software are two different entities. Anyone who knows anything about anything rarely keeps the carrier ROM on their phone. As soon as the Nitro gets CM support the carrier ROM is going bye bye. I currently have a HTC Inspire and I ran that Sense garbage for all of 6 hours. There's no way any manufacturer ROM can keep up with a Google phone that gets updates from Google. That's a moot point.

Personally I'm not fond of the on screen buttons, but I'm not gonna argue that the Google Nexus looks nice, it's amazing. Unfortunately I don't have $500+ to drop on it. The LG has great specs and I'm sure will blaze after Cyanogen Mod is on it.

Reactions: jbizz

skyhigh2004

Oct 10, 2010
Saint Cloud MN
I'm gonna buy this phone in a few weeks, and was reading up on it. These comments are way off base.

Hardware and software are two different entities. Anyone who knows anything about anything rarely keeps the carrier ROM on their phone. As soon as the Nitro gets CM support the carrier ROM is going bye bye. I currently have a HTC Inspire and I ran that Sense garbage for all of 6 hours. There's no way any manufacturer ROM can keep up with a Google phone that gets updates from Google. That's a moot point.

Personally I'm not fond of the on screen buttons, but I'm not gonna argue that the Google Nexus looks nice, it's amazing. Unfortunately I don't have $500+ to drop on it. The LG has great specs and I'm sure will blaze after Cyanogen Mod is on it.

U sure it'll get cm? Also how long before that happens? Ill be loving my gn while we see how that pans out.

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
If I was looking for a refrigerator then I might go LG.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you ever owned an LG phone? Jesus the g2x was the worst mistake I ever spent money on. LG promised gingerbread and when it came it was rushed, half done, and made my phone slower than on froyo. Good luck with any LG phone. After haveing both nexuses, a g2x, a Sensation and vibrant this year I wont spend any more money on a non Google phone. Google updates are worth more than any micro SD slot lol IMHO.

Exact same here. Bought several phones this year, and won't be buying anything but Nexus in the future. My G2x was the most unreliable smartphone I've ever used. LG is terrible on the software front. G2x came out on 4/20 and LG promised gingerbread within a few weeks of launch. Update began rolling out July 26. LG Nitro could be quad core and I wouldn't even bat an eye. Every dual core phone I've used has been wicked fast, the main difference between them? Software. I bet when LG finally shoehorn's ICS on a phone it will be a half assed attempt, and probably wont happen any sooner than summer. On CM7 the G2x was tolerable, but battery life, reboots, disappearing apn's, etc etc really killed it. I'm sure the Nitro's 720p IPS display is gorgeous, but enjoy the terrible software, lack of dev support, and quality control issues.
    I bought it last Friday and I love it. The LTE speed is phenomenal and the display is beyond belief. I'm definitely satisfied. Running Zeam launcher and keeping my fingers crossed for CWM functionality soon.
    I had some problems with my widgets before with it, but it works perfectly for me right now. What calendar widget are you using? I'm just using the default.

pure grid
    https://market.android.com/details?id=org.koxx.pure_grid_calendar&hl=en
    it's a scrollable calendar, with zeam the title bar and menu items of the widget are diplayed but the scrollable calendar is just blank.
    anyone who is comparing the galaxy nexus to some other dual-core phone with better specs shouldn't be considering the galaxy nexus