[q] need help for htc flyer

Search This thread

gizmogamer

May 4, 2012
hey i have htc flyer GB 2.27.720.2 S-OFF I got a OTA UPDATE to HC 3.60.720.1 my question is if i update to hc will i be able to S-OFF and make calls like i do on my GB and if i want to update to hc is it necessary to turn it to S-ON and then update or can i update it directly without any problems. Thank you

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Good question mine is going to arrive Monday so my aims to upgrade to honeycomb but wanna know if I upgrade can I still unlock bootloader and s off.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Do not ota it will not end well for you. there is a hc rom from leedroid, that allows calls but no bluetooth

Sent from my HTC Flyer using xda premium

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
You are soff the ota will not be able to over write the hboot. You will end up with gb hboot and honeycomb system and a flyer that won't boot

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
I would suggest you go to honeycomb with soff using method listed in development, but there is also a method to go back to son. It depends on your long term goals

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium

Don'tPanic

Feb 11, 2009
You are soff the ota will not be able to over write the hboot. You will end up with gb hboot and honeycomb system and a flyer that won't boot

I tried flashing the stock Brightstar RUU over S-off after an unsuccessful OTA update (which I now know is a no-go), with the above result and have found this thread.

Even after being charged for a day, Flyer won't power on, even pressing power/volume down or just power for 20 seconds. Just a flashing orange light. The blink hiccups once after about 9 seconds of holding power/volume down, then resumes blinking without any screen activity. Short of sending back to HTC (not worth it to me unless it's less expensive than I'm guessing), is it bricked/borked?

Last edited:

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
My guess is mismatch of parts that is not allowing your flyer to charge. Others have managed to take of the back cover, disconnect the battery, and charge it independent of their flyer. I think you need to gain enough charge to get back into hboot and correct the mismatch

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
My guess is mismatch of parts that is not allowing your flyer to charge. Others have managed to take of the back cover, disconnect the battery, and charge it independent of their flyer. I think you need to gain enough charge to get back into hboot and correct the mismatch

Thats exactly what you need to do, once the battery is removed and charged you need to follow the instructions show in the below post TO THE LETTER, if this sis done correctly it works EVERYTIME. If you need any assistance along the way PM me as i have helped many people in the same situation as you and am almost always contactable through XDA via PM :)

Don'tPanic

Feb 11, 2009
Hmph, that's better than I was expecting - thanks! I'll be googling Flyer disassembly techniques now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD