[APP][4.0+] Tholotis - Blur

Search This thread

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
wcXDOxjs2Sj78tlLz35VMlJ1eNKf3KgRcH2hRtVQLLAxaAN-rQV3uiaMBN95hHCaQgM=h900-rw
9TIrLkli34J6ZhGZfeH3T3AGTLG-vSsrTdjDIplTqG3g0GmWb0iPaOHhqaSAsNdo1go=h900-rw
Kc8UmH2ZshopcPPbxNJPn2-SVXuhM_RJCJqdk0RFaO2iczBan9CCpschQGjMI9qCdOk=h900-rw

Tholotis, blurring the line between perfection and reality. Literally.
Tholotis is minimalistic app that enables you to blur, dim, and save your wallpapers.
Done blurring and dimming? Let BackDrop™ take over, an algorithm that produces pixel perfect wallpaper optimization.
Moreover, make your homescreen glow by tinting your wallpaper in your favorite colors.
Complete feature list:
- Pick current wallpaper or select from gallery
- Blur, dim
- Tint (Paid feature)
- Crop, rotate image
- Produce pixel perfect wallpapers with BackDrop™
- Set wallpaper, save to gallery
"Tholotis" is a transliteration of the Greek word "θολότης", which means "blur".
Much of Tholotis' design was based on Roman Nurik's extraordinary app Muzei.

Tholotis is not a "cheap copy" of Muzei. Muzei is a live wallpaper, while Tholotis is a tool for blurring images and saving them in your Gallery. Tholotis just resembles Muzei in the sliders layout, the resources of which were directly taken from Muzei since it's an open source app. Everything else is entirely my creation. Credits were given to Roman Nurik in the Play Store app description.

Last edited:

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
qdlV7H08RDwuyS_Or8UJm1l_nXHXyeIs0OtfKpb4YBcORkn7tH8zbCiZCw7lFdYnhhQ=h900-rw
GxPKGymbalzMWW4Vhz2UldMriw8lkAQP9PufJNWErFmBQLZ8HyI5MVjk1-prPBgdEg=h900-rw

Tholotis is minimalistic app that enables you to blur, dim, and save your wallpapers.
"Tholotis" is a transliteration of the Greek word "θολότης", which means "blur".

I like it but i wish there was a way to save the wallpaper without setting it automatically

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Version 1.4 features a new option to save a blurred image without setting it as a wallpaper, as requested. Long press the checkmark button, and the image will be saved.
Also, I will not be adding extra sliders for saturation and/or other effects. It goes beyond the app's purpose.

I like the app but I am getting FC when applying the wall. Anyone else ? Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2.

Does the crash occur with any image or a specific one? If it is a specific image, try to send it to me so I can test myself. This is weird because I also have a Nexus 5 stock.

littlewonder

Sep 24, 2009
Rabbit's Hole
It is the stock yellow Kit Kat wallpaper I have in my download folder on internal memory..I have downloaded it somewhere before I got Nexus 5 and transfered it later on to N5 from my good old N4 :) ..Here is a link to my dropbox with all the stock wallpapers https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o97pbheqtt59u61/BAbFrkYkYa

Its no big deal , it will FC but also it will do what it should do, meaning all the adjustment and also setting up the wallpaper. It just FC's with that.
Anyway thanks for your interest. I also have Muzei app installed, maybe it has something to do with this. Crash report sent couple of times.

Version 1.4 features a new option to save a blurred image without setting it as a wallpaper, as requested. Long press the checkmark button, and the image will be saved.
Also, I will not be adding extra sliders for saturation and/or other effects. It goes beyond the app's purpose.

Does the crash occur with any image or a specific one? If it is a specific image, try to send it to me so I can test myself. This is weird because I also have a Nexus 5 stock.

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Tholotis' core was entirely rethought and reworked, and now uses a powerful algorithm called BackDrop™ which produces pixel-perfect wallpapers in order to make your device look gorgeous.

MattKneale

Feb 7, 2011
What does this offer that Blurone doesn't? Genuine question. Picture blurring has been around for a while.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Pixel perfect wallpapers... Are you saying the already existing method/s (prior to BackDrop) were not producing good pictures?

As @MattKneale previously said, picture blurring has been around for a while... And it seemed fine :confused:. Anyway, there is always room for improvement, I guess :good:.

Don't get me wrong, I am not attempting to bash your work in any way. It is awesome, keep up the good work ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: FlanjeUK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wcXDOxjs2Sj78tlLz35VMlJ1eNKf3KgRcH2hRtVQLLAxaAN-rQV3uiaMBN95hHCaQgM=h900-rw
    9TIrLkli34J6ZhGZfeH3T3AGTLG-vSsrTdjDIplTqG3g0GmWb0iPaOHhqaSAsNdo1go=h900-rw
    Kc8UmH2ZshopcPPbxNJPn2-SVXuhM_RJCJqdk0RFaO2iczBan9CCpschQGjMI9qCdOk=h900-rw

Done blurring and dimming? Let BackDrop™ take over, an algorithm that produces pixel perfect wallpaper optimization.
    Moreover, make your homescreen glow by tinting your wallpaper in your favorite colors.
    Complete feature list:
    - Pick current wallpaper or select from gallery
    - Blur, dim
    - Tint (Paid feature)
    - Crop, rotate image
    - Produce pixel perfect wallpapers with BackDrop™
    - Set wallpaper, save to gallery

Tholotis is not a "cheap copy" of Muzei. Muzei is a live wallpaper, while Tholotis is a tool for blurring images and saving them in your Gallery. Tholotis just resembles Muzei in the sliders layout, the resources of which were directly taken from Muzei since it's an open source app. Everything else is entirely my creation. Credits were given to Roman Nurik in the Play Store app description.

I like the app but I am getting FC when applying the wall. Anyone else ? Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2.

New update is up! Includes small UI changes but mainly bug fixes.
    Tholotis 2.2 is here, and along with the bugfixes comes a new feature, color tinting (paid)!
    Make your homescreen glow by tinting your wallpaper in your preferred colors.

Download Tholotis from the Google Play Store.

Screenshot_2014-03-30-22-15-04.png
    It is the stock yellow Kit Kat wallpaper I have in my download folder on internal memory..I have downloaded it somewhere before I got Nexus 5 and transfered it later on to N5 from my good old N4 :) ..Here is a link to my dropbox with all the stock wallpapers https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o97pbheqtt59u61/BAbFrkYkYa

Its no big deal , it will FC but also it will do what it should do, meaning all the adjustment and also setting up the wallpaper. It just FC's with that.
    Anyway thanks for your interest. I also have Muzei app installed, maybe it has something to do with this. Crash report sent couple of times.