HTC One Formatted phone and now cant mount data with twrp

Search This thread

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
I was formatting my HTC One to give it to a family member. I was going to sideload or push a rom and flash it, but twrp keeps saying it cant mount /data/ or internal storage. I got to sideload android revolution HD GPE but when it boots its asks for a password to decrypt the storage which i have never done. In twrp it still says it can't mount internal storage or data and I need help getting out of this mess. :/

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
I was formatting my HTC One to give it to a family member. I was going to sideload or push a rom and flash it, but twrp keeps saying it cant mount /data/ or internal storage. I got to sideload android revolution HD GPE but when it boots its asks for a password to decrypt the storage which i have never done. In twrp it still says it can't mount internal storage or data and I need help getting out of this mess. :/

inside TWRP select wipe and then select format data, this will however completely wipe your phone and you will need to push or sideload a new rom then flash it, try and use TWRP 2.6.3.3, it makes all the difference.

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
inside TWRP select wipe and then select format data, this will however completely wipe your phone and you will need to push or sideload a new rom then flash it, try and use TWRP 2.6.3.3, it makes all the difference.

I flashed CWM to see if it worked instead but still said cant mount /data and can't mount /sdcard. I formatted /data and now trying to sideload android revolution again to see if that will work. If not I will try to use TWRP 2.6.3.3. I was using 2.7.1.1 beforehand.

Also the whole reason im here is because I wiped my phone completely with TWRP. Just planned on wiping it all then sideloading a rom to give it that "new phone" sort of feel. No empty random folders and all that. No left over files.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
I flashed CWM to see if it worked instead but still said cant mount /data and can't mount /sdcard. I formatted /data and now trying to sideload android revolution again to see if that will work. If not I will try to use TWRP 2.6.3.3. I was using 2.7.1.1 beforehand.

Also the whole reason im here is because I wiped my phone completely with TWRP. Just planned on wiping it all then sideloading a rom to give it that "new phone" sort of feel. No empty random folders and all that. No left over files.

The TWRP 2.7.x.x series all seem to have one or another problem going on with them, most users here swear by 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4, however you will also find that most custom rom's require TWRP recovery over CWM.

also, don't forget to erase the cache after flashing each recovery.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
The TWRP 2.7.x.x series all seem to have one or another problem going on with them, most users here swear by 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4, however you will also find that most custom rom's require TWRP recovery over CWM.

also, don't forget to erase the cache after flashing each recovery.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Ended up reflashing twrp with fastboot and then flashed Android revolution HD71.1 on it. The format of data in CWM worked to fix the mounting problem I had. Twrp probably could have fixed it too if I tried wiping data again. Will remember that next time for the other HTC One I'll be doing this to in the next few days.