mjg157

Sep 3, 2014
i recently tried to edit my build.prop file on my LG G2 (LS980). i changed
Code:
ro.build.product=G2
to
Code:
ro.build.product=g2
(using root explorer, and mounted r/w) because i read that they should be lower case, and since my phone wouldn't update i decided to see if it would work. rebooted and got the error. the error is so bad that i cant even use my phone. the front touch buttons are missing and i cant tap anything except for the power off/reeboot/enter airplane mode. Also, 9 times out of 10 when i power off, the sprint spark logo appears then screen goes black, then reappears and turns the phone back on. furthermore, when i plug it in to my pc i cannot change it from MTP mode, and im not sure if i still have usb debugging checked. the lg mobile support tool wont recognize that a device is connected even with the latest drivers. ALSO, i cannot enter stock recovery! last night when i first got the error i entered it once, but i decided to look for other options as to how to fix the error rather than wiping. but now I WISH i wiped my phone then, because no matter what i do now, the phone wont go into recovery mode. i don't have TWRP or CWM, and i am rooted. I'm a noob and i don't know what to do at this point, can anyone help me?

i have tred looking for some sort of software that can let me access the phones settings directly through usb, but no luck. i dont even know if such a thing exists.

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
can you battle your way to settings/apps? hit options, reset defaults

otherwise you may have to boot into download mode and flash complete tot/kdz

mjg157

Sep 3, 2014
can you battle your way to settings/apps? hit options, reset defaults

otherwise you may have to boot into download mode and flash complete tot/kdz

Nope, all i can do is press okay on the error message. i try to swipe, tap, everything. nothing. and it doesn't let me boot to download mode..

[EDIT] i can enter download mode, im in it now. should i just run KDZ or what do i have to do in order to make this work?

Last edited: