[MOD][PORT] S5 Camera Porting (9.6 Mpx and Slow Motion Fix 10/08/14)

Search This thread

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
ok so i have 4.4.2 black edition rom rooted with recovery but odex. now from where is should find a deodex version of same rom :( cant we make it able to run on stock odex rom ? I9500 deep black edition

Last edited:

jamievitullo

Mar 19, 2015
utica
help please!

I am new to this, not a developer, and trying to do what's needed to install the s5 camera on my s4. When I go to file explorer and try to rename to samsungcamera2.bak it won't let me, it says "task failed" ...is this because my phone isn't rooted?
I've been giving some thought to rooting my phone because I purchased it outright so I don't have a warranty to worry about voiding, but I'm not exactly sure what it does or if I'll completely screw up my phone trying. It seems like there's been a lot of things I've wanted to do south my phone but couldn't bc it wasn't rooted. Please let me know if I have to root to do this and what the risks are, and maybe include a link on proper directions how to do so. I appreciate your help and this forum! =)

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I am new to this, not a developer, and trying to do what's needed to install the s5 camera on my s4. When I go to file explorer and try to rename to samsungcamera2.bak it won't let me, it says "task failed" ...is this because my phone isn't rooted? I also don't know how to tell what ROM I'm using, I don't see an option in my settings or about phone that tells me...
I've been giving some thought to rooting my phone because I purchased it outright so I don't have a warranty to worry about voiding, but I'm not exactly sure what it does or if I'll completely screw up my phone trying. It seems like there's been a lot of things I've wanted to do south my phone but couldn't bc it wasn't rooted. Please let me know if I have to root to do this and what the risks are, and maybe include a link on proper directions how to do so. I appreciate your help and this forum! =)

Last edited:

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
HDR not working at all and it isn't better at low light like someone said. All it do is changing metering mode to matrix. If you set your metering mode to matrix in normal mode you will see completely no different between hdr on/off.
Any fix?

ali7557

Jul 21, 2013
Eskişehir
Many thanks to the OP for work primarily.

Phone: ı9500 galaxy s4 exynos core.
Rom:eek:zcanrom aroma v6.3

Follow the installation steps exactly.
Opening Applications bootlop.

FYI

Thanks.

sanchit9282

Jul 9, 2013
Kolkata
Plz help regarding Video Recording

Guys,m using Note 2 with android 4.4.4.
ive flashed the s5 camera,but in no way the Video recording is working.
Though while using front camera the last 2 resolution is working but not the highest one and none while using back camera, every-time the message says "Recording Failed".
Cn sm1 help me out with this??

Last edited:

tony768

Jul 6, 2013
Works on Lollirom?

Hi! I was looking to have S5 camera app on Lollirom V 5.0 for S4.

Do you anyone tried it out? or the procedure explained is only possible on Kitkat based roms?

Thank you for any reply! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh right finally I get S5 camera working.
    Of course S5 Camera works only on KitKat touchwiz based ROM. Don't ask to get it working on Aosp ROM. Don't work on odex ROM you need a deodexed one.

If you have i9500 (octa version) and after follow my guide you get bootloop flash THIS instead of my zip. With this method it's not sure that all things is working.
    If you've an S3 or a Note 2 absolutely don't try to flash this mod! Use this variant.

Make sure to follow all my instruction correctly.

Instruction to install it:

1. With a file manager rename in System/App the SamsungCamera2.apk in SamsungCamera2.bak.

2. Chose and download only one (both works at all resolution) of my two zip:
    - 9.6 mpx (16:9) as default if you prefer full screen photo --> http://www.mediafire.com/?i4vlkemfbcvjm24
    - 13 mpx (4:3) as default if you prefer max resolution --> http://www.mediafire.com/?txbw7m5cxa1tvlv

3. Flash the one that you choose through recovery and reboot.

4. Wait until it optimize apps.

5. [Optional] Go to settings and delete cache and data of Camera.

6. Now launch the Camera.

7. If you want you can download all S5 modes from HERE. Install as a normal apk.

Tip: if you want to restore old camera go to system/app rename SamsungCamera3.apk in .bak and rename the old SamsungCamera2.bak in .apk. Then reboot.

- What's not working:
    Changing resolution (more than 8Mpx) Fixed with Camera Fix
    Record Videos from back camera (with any resolution) Fixed with Camera Fix
    Tour Mode Fixed in V3
    Slow and Fast Motion Fixed in V4.2
    Panorama (depends on rom)
    Continuous Shooting
    Shot & More
    Selective focus
    Limit MMS (for video recording)

- What's working:
    Everything except what is written above.

Thanks to:
    @sorg for resolution and recording fix
    @Djimmy for his note 3 porting thread
    @nplnpl for testing
    @Mr.Bola for Tour View fix.

Screenshot:
    Soon..
    Resolution + Video Recording fix ;)
    Here is Albe95's new Camera for i9500 variants i recompile it. Thank you @Albe95 flash only recovery menu. don't delete any file.

Working OzcanRom.
    it is 13 mpx ver.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!61hXCThD!ElHERIEPUdLq1tfcPGtY07PzAXy0-GKO4ffAkZmI2NM

Fix.: i add camera mods in zip file.
    All modes for S5 Camera from Galaxy Apps
    Download ---> http://www.mediafire.com/download/9r75la7xarxzcf6/Camera-modes.zip

Install mode that you want as a normal apk.

What modes you'll find in the .zip:
    - Animated Photo
    - Panorama 360 (aka Photosphere of Google)
    - Sequence Shot
    - Sound Shot
    - Sport Shot