Steel Droid 3 v2 Messaging Force Close

Search This thread

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
I installed v2 of Steel Droid 3 this morning. I quickly discovered that I can't get to MSExchange or POP email through the Motorola Messaging app, and there is no separate email app installed. If I tap the notification in the bar, nothing happens, if Click on the Icon in Messaging it force closes. There are no cache or other data to clear from Manage Applications. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

wootizzle

Aug 28, 2011
Washington, DC
I think you gotta unfreeze some things. Look in the original thread. Someone else lost it as well that used it.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
messaging

I don't have it frozen and I installed the patch to add the motorola messaging app back in. I can't open the Email stuff to compose emails or do anything. All I can see is the messages in the universal mailbox. I don't know if the phone is missing the default Moto email app and that is causing the problem or what. I need to fix this, cause I can't use my phone to send work mail messages.

Last edited:

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
So I tried putting the BlurEmail.apk out there. I CHMOD and Sync'ed no luck. I tried to install it like a standard package, with and without the .odex in the folder and it doesn't work. I've rebooted too obviously :p

Anyone able to help here. Not being able to compose messages really sucks.

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
So I realized that I installed without clearing the Dalvik or regular cache. I did that after the fact, still no dice. This is really starting to irk me. Can anyone else shed some light here? I need to be able to send email, and I have to say that the battery life and performance increases from this rom are phenomenal.... DO .... NOT ... WANT .... STOCK

verkerria

Mar 13, 2011
You can flash the aosp addon pack, it should contain the plain old gingerbread email apk, i had a cm7 backup from my droid 1 i restored the email app from

Droid 1 Rooted (ChevyNo1 0.9MV Kernel, LGB2.6)
Droid 3 Rooted (Stock Kernel, Custom lite De-bloat)

verkerria

Mar 13, 2011
Or if you have a TB.of the cm7 email app you can restore it and it will work, has yellow envelope instead of red

Droid 1 Rooted (ChevyNo1 0.9MV Kernel, LGB2.6)
Droid 3 Rooted (Stock Kernel, Custom lite De-bloat)

qudwis

Jun 30, 2010
Seoul
I installed v2 of Steel Droid 3 this morning. I quickly discovered that I can't get to MSExchange or POP email through the Motorola Messaging app, and there is no separate email app installed. If I tap the notification in the bar, nothing happens, if Click on the Icon in Messaging it force closes. There are no cache or other data to clear from Manage Applications. Anyone have any suggestions?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...teel-droid-3-2-0-gingerbread-10-5-2011-a.html
go to post #403
it has instruction how to get email app back :)

Reactions: PWn3R

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
1) Grab attached BlurEmail.apk
2) Run adb push BlurEmail.apk /system/app/BlurEmail.apk from folder containing downloaded APK
3) Run adb shell (elevate with SU if needed)
4) chmod 0644 /system/app/BlurEmail.apk
5) sync
6) reboot

Alternatively you can copy to your SDCARD and move to /system/app/ and mod permissions to rw/r/r and reboot.

Attachments

• BlurEmail.apk
    799 KB · Views: 121

RySean

Oct 7, 2011
Thank you so much for this fix! This was my only issue with Steel Droid 2.0, loving it now :)

Top Liked Posts