battery lfe 2 launchers

Search This thread

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Is battery life reduced when you have 2 launchers. I installed Espier and noticed now that I have 2 launchers battery life has reduced is this normal? I like the way to uninstall apps from espier. I still use TWLauncher and just use Espier to uninstall apps since I did not set a Default launcher I guess both are running simultaneously.

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Is battery life reduced when you have 2 launchers. I installed Espier and noticed now that I have 2 launchers battery life has reduced is this normal? I like the way to uninstall apps from espier. I still use TWLauncher and just use Espier to uninstall apps since I did not set a Default launcher I guess both are running simultaneously.

Activate one of the Launchers, then go to Settings > Applications > Running Services, if you see both launcher you're using in there, then yes, both are consuming battery. Normally, you should only see the launcher that is ACTIVE.

abraxaz120

Dec 9, 2010
Beijing
I've seen a similar behavior, but in my case is I found that the problem was with the launcher itself, in this case "GO Launcher EX", I've noticed that after a while, it will start consuming CPU (around 3%) even if it is idle, the solution I found is restarting it (the launcher).