[Q] New ROM questions

Search This thread

themantia98

Apr 23, 2012
I just recently rooted my tablet, with intentions of downloading the ICS rom. But I am a little nervous because I have a few questions. First, has anyone ever had huge problems and had this ruin their tab? Second, I know I already voided the warranty, but is there any other danger in doing this.. I've read all the threads on how to do it and have a pretty good idea. But would just like a little more insight on this idea.

foliage green

Jan 26, 2009
NYC
I just recently rooted my tablet, with intentions of downloading the ICS rom. But I am a little nervous because I have a few questions. First, has anyone ever had huge problems and had this ruin their tab? Second, I know I already voided the warranty, but is there any other danger in doing this.. I've read all the threads on how to do it and have a pretty good idea. But would just like a little more insight on this idea.

i'm currently running one of pershoot's snapshot builds. aside from the known camera not working issue. i would say it's a very good ics rom and quite stable for the stage that it's in. btw, i've returned tabs with hardware issues after rooting and flashing custom rom. simply odin back to stock and you should be good to go. just follow the instructions carefully of whatever rom you want to try and you'll be ok. good luck!

themantia98

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the input. Hopefully I muster up enough guts to go through with it. I'm fairly new to all this so I am a little cautious

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
Well, there is always a certain risk when you go flashing custom firmware....whether it be on a wii, a psp, a phone, or your tablet. It sounds like doing this sort of thing is relatively new for you, and you are doing the right thing by being hesitant. Probably the WORST thing anyone can do is dive headfirst into it without doing their full research. This would be the same person that fails to thoroughly read all the instructions (and the reviews), and ends up bricking their system. Now....this person rants on the forums about their problem and expects the gurus on here to fix it for them.

In actuality, your risk is very low. Your most helpful tool here will be your own common sense. Read all instructions several times through until you completely understand what you will be doing. If you are confused about something, ask questions before doing it. Avoid the 'cross your fingers and wing it' scenario.

Don't be scared, just be careful. This community seems to have a lot of knowledge to share. Good luck, and let us know how you did!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

themantia98

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah I have read most of the forum posts on the subject and have watched a few YouTube videos. I just wanted some input from an experianced person. So thank you for that lol. Thanks for the info. Its appreciated

mongoboy

Apr 27, 2012
gaithersburg
ics

ics have a lot of issues, unstable, dont have camera, etcccc.......

if you want some great rom, go for overcome, bindroid, task..but forget ics.my opinion.i already flashed all of them.i thing taskrom for wifi and overcome and bindroid for 3g.