How to: Unbrick galaxy s3

Search This thread

NDUTU

Jan 20, 2007
OK. As far as I know.... This is so far the Only method to UNBRICK Galaxy S3.

1. Purchase a USB Jig Dongle For Samsung Galaxy S III S3 GT-I9300 Download Mode unbrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZUrE5Nqj0

2.This USB jig can only bring your phones into Download Mode. It CANNOT reset your phone binary counter and remove yellow triangle..

3.Usage:
1. Turn off your phone and pull out the battery for about 10-15 seconds.
2. Just put the battery back and don’t turn it on.
3. Plug the USB Jig into the micro USB port on the phone.
4. After about 2-3 seconds, you can see the yellow download mode logo on the screen.
5. Unplug the USB Jig.
6. Connect your phone with USB cable to computer and then flash your phone via the program “odin"

It does not work with latest European Version 2.34, you have to return your device to old version to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: snoopyhb2

NDUTU

Jan 20, 2007
How to unbrick galaxy s3

1. Purchase a USB Jig Dongle For Samsung Galaxy S III S3 GT-I9300 Download Mode unbrick

2.This USB jig can only bring your phones into Download Mode. It CANNOT reset your phone binary counter and remove yellow triangle..

3.Usage:
4. After about 2-3 seconds, you can see the yellow download mode logo on the screen.
5. Unplug the USB Jig.
6. Connect your phone with USB cable to computer and then flash your phone via the program “odin"

It does not work with latest European Version 2.34, you have to return your device to old version to use.

kirE_2o1o

Nov 6, 2010
Software bricking is nearly impossible, if getting bootloops or only booting into recovery there is in most cases the way about using odin to flash back to stock
And there is already a thread about changing a broken screen, use the search ;)

!Led*Eyes!

Mar 31, 2013
Keller
Might be good to note that the jig method will only work on a softbrick.

Hardbricked phones need either a replacement or a JTAG treatment.

Sent from my tricked out AOKP GT-I9300

Actually, with the gs3 all you need is a 16gb class 10 sd card with a debrick.img.... the usb jig makes it easier so you dont have to press all the buttons or hook it up to the computer to get to DL mode... check out my last post on the unbrick your sprint gs3 thread...

spamcakes

Mar 1, 2010
Actually, with the gs3 all you need is a 16gb class 10 sd card with a debrick.img.... the usb jig makes it easier so you dont have to press all the buttons or hook it up to the computer to get to DL mode... check out my last post on the unbrick your sprint gs3 thread...

Thread resurrect, much?
Good news that this is all you need now but as far as I know the information was correct as of the posting date in 2012.
Anyway I have moved on to the LG G2 now, my s3 was stolen :(

!Led*Eyes!

Mar 31, 2013
Keller
Thread resurrect, much?
Good news that this is all you need now but as far as I know the information was correct as of the posting date in 2012.
Anyway I have moved on to the LG G2 now, my s3 was stolen :(

Oh wow! I guess thats what happens when posting in 2 similar threads simultaneously haha.. Blast from the past??? haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3.Usage:
    5. Unplug the USB Jig.

Why dont you GURUS open a thread of HOW TO UNBRICK GALAXY S3.

What are all the components and hardware needed and a how to tutorial....:confused:

Sounds like someone bricked their phone. :p

|Trolling With A Smile|
    Sounds like someone bricked their phone. :p

|Trolling With A Smile|

NO, dont go so fast, I just want to learn...
    How to unbrick galaxy s3

3.Usage:
    5. Unplug the USB Jig.

Software bricking is nearly impossible, if getting bootloops or only booting into recovery there is in most cases the way about using odin to flash back to stock
    And there is already a thread about changing a broken screen, use the search ;)