ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Please use this thread for all LTE news. Report when and where LTE was found, how fast, new maps, new predictions, problems, spotty service, or whatever. Post anything to do with LTE here and do not make new threads.

Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

v8bait

Jan 11, 2012
Houston, TX
Houston... damn fast where you can find it. My personal best so far is 31535kb/s down 12002kbps up with 49ms ping off of Almeda and 610 near the medical center. I am impressed so far, they just need it on more towers. Seems like they only have 1 in every 3 upgraded max.

s4gru is a great place for updates on LTE, if you have sprint and are on XDA I would be surprised if you are not also registered there.

*edit* just noticed all the LTE threads in general, I was wondering why a sticky for LTE! Now I see... people must be excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: cewhitsr

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
When I get lte, I feel that I'll be at the top of the speeds chart again. I already have maxed 3g speeds at my house. :)

boomerbubba

Jul 20, 2010
That sucks. our Dallas LTE thread was closed and now were stuck in a General. Personally i would prefer to have a thread with each city so i can focus on my issues and location not a general every LTE discussion..
Hope the Moderator who closed our Dallas LTE thread is reading and will open ours back up.

I am agnostic on the issue at XDA. On the flip side, the proliferation of threads was getting very confusing, even though many users shared common issues such as the need to update to LG8.

If you want to explore LTE in detail, including lots of threads and LTE network expertise, I suggest that you try the S4GRU.com site and consider becoming a sponsor to gain access to the detailed area-specific maps. Sprint's LTE rollout is the primary focus of that site, and general forums like this one will never match its content.

Reactions: ZionZR2 and a2tz

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Im a member of their site, not a sponsor though. I was looking for an open forum to discuss what we had been discussing in the closed Dallas LTE forum.

So to all those who were in that forum lets do like boomerbubba suggest and go to the other place to continue our discussion.

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
This is in La Porte (outside of Houston) at East Pasadena and Underwood.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344647574994.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344647574994.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,634
Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
That sucks. our Dallas LTE thread was closed and now were stuck in a General. Personally i would prefer to have a thread with each city so i can focus on my issues and location not a general every LTE discussion..
Hope the Moderator who closed our Dallas LTE thread is reading and will open ours back up.

We discussed this in PM. It seems you should not have too much difficulty searching the 6 , now 7 posts here for your area.
Thanks
FNM

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
Houston... damn fast where you can find it. My personal best so far is 31535kb/s down 12002kbps up with 49ms ping off of Almeda and 610 near the medical center. I am impressed so far, they just need it on more towers. Seems like they only have 1 in every 3 upgraded max.

s4gru is a great place for updates on LTE, if you have sprint and are on XDA I would be surprised if you are not also registered there.

*edit* just noticed all the LTE threads in general, I was wondering why a sticky for LTE! Now I see... people must be excited.

agreed i hit about 34k one evening over on Jones and 1960!

Dhyneland

Nov 29, 2007
Kansas City, Mo
Getting good speeds in Raytown MO. About 20 minutes from the Sprint Headquarters.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344819452323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344819452323.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,021

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston
No signal in Richmond , TX .

However, signal seems very strong withing the 610 loop (UH-main campus, Buffalo Speedway&610)

MvDef

Feb 23, 2012
Near boston. I was in Nashua Nh And 4g kicked in (weird). I didnt get to run speed test I just bought the s3 but the internet was flying. I will test when Im there again.

SoxIn4

Oct 2, 2010
I was getting some pretty good speeds today in Lowell, MA... 25 miles outside of Boston. I'll have to try Nashua as I live in the town over, but it's a no go at my place
47a842aa-ac79-f156.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: dannyboy22

metalblaster

Oct 2, 2010
makes me sad that baltimore was the first Wimax City (or at least one of them) yet we havent seen nor heard a word about LTE. WIsh they would let us roam with LTE because verizon's LTE in baltimore/washington is beast.

I take that back, apparently we are getting in in September... Should be good then. Ill update as it comes in.

TajMahal_

Jul 16, 2012
Hopefully the DC area will be lit up soon. Getting the phone hopefully by the end of the month and 4g should be popping up

blackte4

Jun 24, 2008
Washington,DC
I'm in DC also... I've been waiting since day one.. I can say that all the DMV tower are ready for LTE. They did a test run last week in NW. Every phone is switch to 3g only with you first get it. I switch n saw a one bar signal. I walked to the sprint truck n ask she how was it going with the test run? She said Great. Fixing the Wimax tower. I told her really, it looks like the LTE is on and running. It was on for 45min. It like I was on my WiFi. Sprint don't Fail me like wimax.

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Well South Carolina has yet to taste the sweet nectar of WiMax and LTE. Sprint has never attempted to roll out some WiMax here and I'm not even looking forward to seeing LTE ever come here either.

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
So there is no LTE in the DC/MD area? I thought there was....dang. Ill be up there this weekend on vacation and was hoping to test it out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know I've said this to some folks before but for the new ones posting... the reason you are probably seeing slower speeds are due to the weak 4G signal. Your signal bars on your Android (non-CM) phone show the 1X voice/sms connection strength not the 4G LTE signal. You could be connected to a site across the street with a nice -50 signal showing all bars, but your 4G signal is barely hanging on at -120 pulling 1 megabit. Just the nature of the beast with Sprint letting us use the signal instead of sitting on the ready cell sites like other carriers do and firing them up all at once.

I recommend the Signalcheck Lite or Pro application. It allows you to see the actual signal numbers in your status bar of both the 1X voice/sms and LTE or EVDO connection at all times. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wMiwiY29tLmJsdWVsaW5lLnNpZ25hbGNoZWNrbGl0ZSJd

More info: Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength
    I've read many many many studies explaining why Wi-Fi is more battery efficient than LTE. Its a known fact from my understanding of these hard data studies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

It depends. How old are these studies, and which chipset did they use? With SoCs older than our Snapdragons, LTE was a huge battery drain, especially compared to Wifi. However, the Snapdragon S4 chip has a much more efficient LTE radio than previous SoCs, and therefore, less battery drain.

I'm sure Wifi is more battery efficient than LTE, even on our S3s. The question is "How much more efficient is it?" And the answer I've received (from myself and many other S3 users) is, "not noticeably". Considering that LTE is a lot closer to Wifi technologically than it is to EVDO, along with general advances in LTE technology, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Technology "studies" can become invalidated very quickly with the current pace of technological progress, much more so than medical or environmental studies. There have been lots of "studies" that say Android is riddled with malware, even though most folks you'll meet in your life will never experience Android malware, and the ones who do may as well have sought out the malware purposely, because you practically have to try to get infected.
    I sure hope you're not abusing your lte speeds... Otherwise those speeds won't last long.

give it 6-12 months as more cities get lte. it's only a matter of time before the abusers and people with no consideration start bogging the network which sprint in turn will implement a 1-2mbit/s cap. lets hope instead they start throttling the abusers.
    The exception here being that Sprint never promised anything. All of those dates they stated were estimates, which were given to them by the subcontractors (Alcatel/Lucent, Samsung, and Ericsson). It clearly stated that in the small print as well. A little reading never hurt anyone.

EDIT: www.sensorly.com is your best friend for determining 4G LTE coverage

obviously if i knew harrisburg had active 4g, i clearly knew about sensorly. A little deductive reasoning never hurt anyone.

saying that Sprint never promised anything is a really lame point. I never demanded that the rollout be 100% completed by December, all i did was voice major disappointment over the fact that the rollout date went from December, to January, to February, to Spring. That is the difference between reading and reading comprehension.