Bluetooth Gamepad

Search This thread

Finire

Oct 24, 2010
New York
I just pre-ordered the Nyko Playpad Pro from Gamestop,

FYI: As per Nyko, Gamestop will be the exclusive distributor for the Playpad Pro until February 2013.

Amazon has preorders on the Playpad and Playpad Pro but the Pro is not available until February 2013 as stated by Nyko. Bummer, I would have preferred to order almost anywhere other than Gamestop since their return policy stinks compared to most others. But I did not want to wait until February either....

Anyone else going for the Playpad or Playpad Pro?

Is there any word on if this will need an interface app yet, or if it will work natively with Android OS... On the same note, Six Axis interface app requires root access for several of it's config features. While I appreciate the root community, I wanted my 700 to remain pure. If it does require an interface app, will this also require root?

If it doesn't need an app at all, I guarantee I'm getting it. If it does, I'll still probably with a 90 percent chance get it..

willjohnson

Nov 23, 2010
Savanah
Can't believe no one has listed a Wiimote, with a classic controller pro plugged in. I use that with Usb Joystick Center in the market. With this combo you get the same amount of buttons on the classic pro that you do on a xbox or a ps3 controller, plus all the keys on the wii mote can be mapped to other system controls(back, menu, home, etc...). USB joystick center also has a touch to joystick addon that lets you map button pushes to specific screen location touches. The wiimote and the usb joystick center combo has worked for me on a DX, D2, Droid Razr, and now my infinity. Really great software.

Beamed from one badass android

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
Are we requiring root for the above processes to work with Sixaxis? I really don't want to root my Infinity, because I don't see the need to. But I also want a controller that will work well. I wonder when Ouya releases there system, if there controller will work universally across android devices.

I didn't want to get an Ouya system though, because of there refusal to leave the standard android market on it, and refusal to support existing games. All games have to be purchased through there own app market.

I think you just found a reason to root.

I tried out sixaxis last night and I must say it works great.

Finire

Oct 24, 2010
New York
The Nyko Playpad actually looks like it has my vote. I want to get my hands on each version to see if I want the pro version or not, but it does look like it requires a Nyko app, available for free, which does not require root access. I'm just hoping that once the app is installed, it doesn't have to be run each time before you run an app like sixaxis. At least, that's what I've been lead to believe.

If I'm wrong, please point it out and I'll gladly accept the correction. Lets remember we're all here to help each other, and point out spelling/grammar mistakes.

GregFromUtah

Dec 19, 2011
West Jordan
My Nyko PlayPad Pro just arrived from gamestop.com. It is charging right now so I can't try it out yet, but the build quality seems very good and it is pretty light weight. It has kind of a matt/rubberized texture feel to it. Overall, I think I'm really gonna like it as long as it works well. Unfortunately I'm going to be really busy and may not get much time until the weekend to really test it out, but I'll post again before then if I do.

A few things I noticed that you may like to know are that it is compatible with all android devices with bluetooth and Android 3.0 and up, but Android 4.0 and up (with HID pad support) are required for touch mapping. Also, the companion Nyko Playground App is not available for download from the Nyko site or Google Play store yet. Hopefully that will be there really soon.

I have hthe playpad pro as well, its been over a month since its release and the playground app is virtually useless. It only allows keyboard mapping and remapping HID buttons. Futhermore, in HID mode, only 1 stick and the top two triggers along with the face buttons are recognized by most apps. To get all the buttons in emulators and games, you have to use the playground app. Pairing is a pain too, you can't use playground with a pre-paired controller, it must be removed and done from the playground app. Kind of a ****ty implementation, but hey, its beta still right? Im really hoping for an update, the controller form factor is mint, and the sticks are 360 style, making it an awesome gamepad for mobile. As of now, its kind of junk...

malimal

I have been using the Onlive Universal Wireless Controller. It is a really sold piece of hardware and works with most bluetooth devices. For some tabs though it will be detected incorrectly and leave you spinning around uncontrollably in games by default. However I found this fix on an Onlive forum which has worked perfectly for me. You will need root access in order to perform the fix.

"su
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl
exit
exit"

Enjoy!

I tried this. Does dead trigger work OK for you? I still spin in circles.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I use one of my PS3 controllers and the Sixaxis app. Love it, super simple, and you can make your own custom controller button mappings for each app individually if you want!
Dead Trigger plays wonderfully with the PS3 controller, without even having to create a custom map for the game. Very awesome!! Sixaxis app just may be the best dollar I've ever spent! Lol
Sent from my Evo LTE using XDA Premium

scott.m

Aug 19, 2012
Ps3 sixaxis dual shock.
You can charge them with your computer or dock/USB. You'll need a PC to get the controller's ID initially but doesn't have to be paired ever again. The controller can be recognized as a native android/Bluetooth controller by most devices, otherwise the sixaxis app is able to force it to work, and it also simulates touch controls through the controller for games that don't have gamepad support.

When I used six axis app I noticed the button mappings were incorrect, button_a and button_b are supposed to be cross/circle. By default a/b were square/triangle which is upside down for games like fpse. Switching them once in sixaxis fixes fpse/emu without having to remap each game.

The controller also does well in most n64 games with mupen64. Obviously KIGold and some other games which used the c-pad buttons for their logical positions will be an adjustment, but that's what the extra triggers are for!

And finally and most importantly, because the ps3 controllers are just so well built over many years of optimisations, its got a standard layout and as many buttons as you could ask for. It can also be used on your PC... all with a built-in rechargeable battery! I HATE SWAPPING BATTERIES!

deblas66

Jun 7, 2012
NYC
I have the PS3 controller set up and working fine, except with NES ROMs. Anyone have this problem? Is it fixable?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Stammis

Feb 1, 2013
PS3 controller jeally bean 4.1.1

Hello so I have read alot about useing bluetooth to synch your controller to your device, however if I am right the new jeally bean 4.1.1 to tf700t makes rooting impossible for the time being, I am not willing to downgrade so I am asking if anyone has any good idea how to connect a Ps3 controller to the usb port that comes with the keyboard for the device, or any other solution would be greatly appreciated?

Hekdog

Feb 20, 2011
Fargo
I have had the Moga controller for a little over a month now and I love it. I originally got it for my Galaxy Nexus, which is really nice with the phone holding bracket on the controller.

I just picked up the Infinity about a week ago and have been using the Moga pretty frequently. I have been playing a lot of GTA Vice City and some NOVA 3 and it works great for those. One thing I still need to do is root my device as that will allow me to get the MOGA IME app that will allow the controller to work for any game without having to map the controls. Otherwise the standard Moga app just has their list of compatible games that are programmed for the controller.

I got mine of Amazon, but nice thing is I have seen them at Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure the ps3 controller works since it does with the prime.

I use the sixaxis tool which requires root but I got my dualshock 3 paired and working in no time.
    PS3 Controller will work with root plus utils

I was able to get a PS3 DualShock controller to work via Bluetooth with my TF700T + dock and root.

I plugged the controller into the USB port and then used PS3 Controller Pairing Tool to set the Bluetooth MAC address and then start up Sixaxis Controller app (requires root) to get the bluetooth link working.

PS3 Controller Pairing Tool:
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poke64738.ps3pairingtool

Sixaxis Controller:
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller

Unfortunately PS3 gamepad doesnt work via bluetooth. It works with TF300 though. I thought the same method of attaching via USB syncing with it and removing cable would work. I see PS3 controller in bluetooth paired devices in TF300, not in TF700.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium