[Q] Help get LG G2 back to stock, please?

Search This thread

Noppy9

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hi, I am a noob when it comes to rooting & flashing roms... I tired reading up on several similar situations, but because there doesn't appear to be any type of backup, I'm not sure where to start!? Any help is very appreciated!

Basically all I want to do is either get the phone back to stock rooted, or stock unrooted... Obviously preferably running KitKat.

I got a used Verizon LG G2, which I knew was rooted, however I did not know it was running a custom rom (Malladus?). The only reason I was OK with buying a rooted version is because I would like to tether for free.

Again there doesn't appear to be any type of recovery or backup, but I'm not 100% sure. The only non-stock app I see is SuperSU. Shouldn't something like TWRP be visible??

Again, any help is really appreciated because I'm working with a dying Gnex and just want to get this G2 up and running!

Here's what I know from the about phone section:

Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: VS98012B-M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0190050
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-g755219d / lge@android-build
Build Number: Malladus 1.2.8
Software Version: VS98012B

Thank you!

Fantassy123

Sep 28, 2013
First the stock rom
1. Download all the files below :
1.1 : LGFlashTools v1.8 - Here
1.2 : Drivers - Here
1.3 : Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Here

Here is the Megalock DLL thats recommended for MOST TOT flashing & Included in the guide below - Here

Install
1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool,this is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

To unroot it there is a option "Full Unroot" in SU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noppy9

Noppy9

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I ran into 1 issue that I'd like to clear up before proceeding

Install

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

First of all thank you very much for the detailed instructions!

I ran into 1 issue that I'd like to clear up before proceeding though...

The TOT file was downloaded with the .tot extension, and was NOT in a ZIP file as mentioned.

I was just going to use that file, however it is 3.21 GB, and NOT 2.04 GB as mentioned.

I don't want to screw anything up so I figured it was safer to make sure this is the correct file??

THANKS!

Fantassy123

Sep 28, 2013

The TOT file was downloaded with the .tot extension, and was NOT in a ZIP file as mentioned.

I was just going to use that file, however it is 3.21 GB, and NOT 2.04 GB as mentioned.

I don't want to screw anything up so I figured it was safer to make sure this is the correct file??

THANKS!

That is the correct file, The 2GB file was the AT&T one which was zipped instead of a single file.
Anyway i hope it works.

Reactions: Noppy9

Noppy9

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
doesn't seem to start the firmware download

Well everything seemed to work including the LG flash tool indicating "ready" under the COM41 port, however when I reboot into download mode, it just never seems to start or move past 0% on the phone!?

I did some more searching and found similar steps and problems, however there seemed to be some differences in the steps and I'm not sure if because I don't have a backup that I need to approach this differently, so I was hesitant to try any different methods...

Any suggestions what to try at this step would again be much appreciated! I want to actually use this awesome phone, it's killing me!

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First the stock rom
    1. Download all the files below :
    1.1 : LGFlashTools v1.8 - Here
    1.2 : Drivers - Here
    1.3 : Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Here

Here is the Megalock DLL thats recommended for MOST TOT flashing & Included in the guide below - Here

Install

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool,this is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above.

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
    14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
    When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

To unroot it there is a option "Full Unroot" in SU.

THANKS!

That is the correct file, The 2GB file was the AT&T one which was zipped instead of a single file.
    Anyway i hope it works.