Note 3 Exynos - Battery dying even on standby

Search This thread

anir1.618

Nov 21, 2013
I bought my Note 3 in December from a Samsung Smart Cafe. The phone was amazing throughout the last few months. 2 days on medium usage, amazing WiFi connectivity, awesome gaming experience.

However, 3 nights back I had left the phone (at 50% battery) and gone to bed around 23.00 hours. The next morning I woke up late at exactly 10.00 hrs. When I went to check for any missed calls I found that the battery had completely drained off and the phone was dead. I turned it back on t see that the battery percentage was 1%.

I want to clear out that the following are deactivated on my phone:

1) S-Voice
2) Wake up in lock Screen

When I checked the battery stats I found that the screen was using 56% of the battery. How could that possible be when the screen was switched off the whole time.

Since then every night there has been a drain of about 46% every night. Earlier it used to be only 2-3%.

Could you guys please help me out here? Really tensed:(

P.S: Last night I left the phone on flight mode and went to sleep. The battery drain was only 1%.

anir1.618

Nov 21, 2013
Guys! It happened last night again. This time around, the battery drop-out was around 40%.

Please help me out on this. Any kind of suggestion would be awesome.

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Install app called gsam from Google play, one of your app may not allowing your phone to go on deep sleep. If you have installed any app recently try to uninstall.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

anir1.618

Nov 21, 2013
Install app called gsam from Google play, one of your app may not allowing your phone to go on deep sleep. If you have installed any app recently try to uninstall.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey, the most recent apps that I had installed before the battery went bonkers were:
1) Truecaller
2) BosonX
3) Freeze

I uninstalled all of the three apps.

I have installed GSam battery monitor and the main stat that is abnormal according to me is that the battery discharges 43% even when the screen is off. I have a radio signal usage of about 42% which I think is pretty normal and I do not have bad reception.

Still, last night the battery went down to 80% from a full charged state of 100.

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Hey, the most recent apps that I had installed before the battery went bonkers were:
1) Truecaller
2) BosonX
3) Freeze

I uninstalled all of the three apps.

I have installed GSam battery monitor and the main stat that is abnormal according to me is that the battery discharges 43% even when the screen is off. I have a radio signal usage of about 42% which I think is pretty normal and I do not have bad reception.

Still, last night the battery went down to 80% from a full charged state of 100.
Let Gsam to monitor for two or three more complete charge & discharge cycle so u may come to know where is the problem, some time ext sd card also causing battery drain problem, if u have than try to use phone without sd card for couple of days.