need a little help....

Search This thread

jojokaizer

Aug 12, 2011
need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
need a little help guys... updated from an outdated twrp to clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.7 and installed cromix 5.4. now the tablet just keeps freezing at the asus screen. is there anything I can do?

What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?

jojokaizer

Aug 12, 2011
What's your bootloader version? Could that be outdated too? You gotta have 10.6.1.14.4, better .8 or .10, but .4 is fine for CROMi-X.
Also, what rom did you come from? Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik and data) in recovery before installing?

I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I had cromi 5.2 if I remember correctly, and I have clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7. I had twrp but it wouldn't update... and yes I did do a full wipe. after trying for awhile, I've now installed CM11 and it's booting up. but it restarts itself about 40 seconds in to booting up. now my questions is that, is there an easy way for me to installed the lastest version of twrp and install cromix 5.4? and or just having a stable CM11 is great too. thanks!

Sounds like you are on the wrong bootloader. Please provide the bootloader version from the screen in the top left when you boot holding power and volume down.

jojokaizer

Aug 12, 2011
Yes way too old that is a jb 4.1.1 bootloader.

Flash my bootloader and twrp zip package from the cromi-x thread, reboot and then use my script in the dev forum to update to twrp 2.7.1.1.

:)

I just tried and it gave me this message

assert failed: write_raw_image("/data/media/blob", "staging")
E:error in /storage/sdcard1/tf700_10.6.1.14.10_us_boot_twrp_2610_signed.zip (status 7)

sorry, kinda new to this, but it's starting to kinda make sense... lol thx.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I just tried and it gave me this message

assert failed: write_raw_image("/data/media/blob", "staging")
E:error in /storage/sdcard1/tf700_10.6.1.14.10_us_boot_twrp_2610_signed.zip (status 7)

sorry, kinda new to this, but it's starting to kinda make sense... lol thx.
Tun on the signature verification check in CWM settings and try again.

jojokaizer

Aug 12, 2011
Tun on the signature verification check in CWM settings and try again.

ended up just reading up and fastbooting the latest twrp and installed new bootloader + cromix 5.4... everything is running perfectly now. good learning experience and it's noticeably faster than cromi 5.2. thanks a lot guys!