[Q] Moto X soft brick - Need help!!

Search This thread
Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys,

I just got my Moto X and I was trying to factory reset my phone when I accidentally wiped my entire internal sd and the system. I lost the back up that I made earlier before wiping the device and I have no idea how to fix my device.

At the moment, whenever I boot the phone, all I can see is the image in the attachment below.

I cant connect to my usb therefore I cant put anything in my phone.

I tried using adb sideload in TWRP but it doesnt want to load.

I tried searching the threads of other people in xda who has bricked their phone but found no solution.

I really need help to revive the device to it's original condition.

Please help. :crying:

Attachments

• WARNING-WITH-EXCEPTION.png
    WARNING-WITH-EXCEPTION.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 295

kenosis

Apr 7, 2008
Yangon, Myanmar
1. Download correct sbf file for your phone from the following link.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

2. Download RSDLite (Google it)

3. Install USB driver for Motorola on your computer

4. Power Off your phone. Press Volume Down + Power button for 3 seconds. You will see boot loader screen

5. Flash your download file from step 1 with RSDLite.

6. Reboot when it is done.

Good Luck
Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: realdaniel1989
Jan 8, 2011
Solved

Hey guys,

I just got my Moto X and I was trying to factory reset my phone when I accidentally wiped my entire internal sd and the system. I lost the back up that I made earlier before wiping the device and I have no idea how to fix my device.

At the moment, whenever I boot the phone, all I can see is the image in the attachment below.

I cant connect to my usb therefore I cant put anything in my phone.

I tried using adb sideload in TWRP but it doesnt want to load.

I tried searching the threads of other people in xda who has bricked their phone but found no solution.

I really need help to revive the device to it's original condition.

Please help. :crying:

Managed to solve the problem.

For the non connecting adb sideload install this -
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...-driver-for-windows-that-actually-works-on-8/

And in order to return to stock or whatever rom then -
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

emailrob

Nov 19, 2012
Just jumping on saying that I had nearly the same problem in the last few days. and RSD fixed it. I lost my root (I was on 4.4., and flashed 4.4) but apart from that all is good.

him25tyg

Aug 1, 2014
Same problem

Managed to solve the problem.

For the non connecting adb sideload install this -
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...-driver-for-windows-that-actually-works-on-8/

And in order to return to stock or whatever rom then -
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

hi,

I have the same problemm stuck on the warning screen. I have the correct firmware and the latestd drivers but still no luck.
Can you please elaborate what have you done?

TheDNY

Jan 6, 2015
FIxed Solution to Moto X soft brick issue ( SD card Wiped ).

Finally got solution for this soft brick issue.

I had same problem. I accedently wiped my whole sdcard while wiping through twrp.
lost all the files, backup n all. noting to restore !
The only thing left was TWRP on my screen.
N if i tried to reboot, it said "are you sure ? No OS installed" kind of thing. Because there wasnt !

After pulling out an all n8er reading all related posts & threads on XDA, finally i was able return to my stock firmware moto X xt1052 India (AsiaRetail) by following method. (Method applied for all moto X variants provided stock firmware is available)

Thanks to all the bros in this XDA thread
* [GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)

*ZEDOMAX on youtube.

1.I think in the case of all sd wipe, only flashing any ROM will not work.
But anyway if you havent washed white & still stuck,
go on youtube & search for ZEDOMAX-How to Copy Files Over to your Android In a Bootloop with No OS using ADB!
you will get the video & right instructions. Very helpful.

2 Now if you are all wiped like me, Dont panic ! There is an option of flashing a stock firmware on your device.
Go to this XDA thread
[GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)
RSD lite worked pretty good for me.

++NOTE++
1. If you are in TWRP recovery & trying to connect to RSD lite, it wont show your device.
Push power + vol up + vol down altogether for about 10 sec & let'em go.(It might stuck on BTLDR UNLKD screen, dont worry, do it again) &
You will enter in fastboot menu. RSD lite will recognize your device Now when you plug USB cable to your PC (After Installing all the drivers suggested in video), you can follow that video from thread to flash stock fmwr. RSD will now work fine.

2. Moto X toolkit is gr8, but not for xt1052. Dont go there.

3. You will get most of the StockFirmwares here. Specially for 1052 bros. I bet you wont find'em this easily anywhere else. !
* www filefactory com/folder/dd05c058d3ff8dbe/?sort=created&order=DESC&show=25 *
(I am not allowed to post links yet ! :p place dot after www & b4 com )

XT1052_RETAIL-ASIA_4.4.4_KXA21.12-L1.26_18_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml_2
is the SF i installed. & it was same as my original one. 624MB.

GoodLuck bros.
I hope it helps to soft bricked bros ending up here. Hit Thanks if it works & of course let me know if there is anything else.

Keep Calm & Return to StackFrmwr.:angel:

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Finally got solution for this soft brick issue.

I had same problem. I accedently wiped my whole sdcard while wiping through twrp.
lost all the files, backup n all. noting to restore !
The only thing left was TWRP on my screen.
N if i tried to reboot, it said "are you sure ? No OS installed" kind of thing. Because there wasnt !

After pulling out an all n8er reading all related posts & threads on XDA, finally i was able return to my stock firmware moto X xt1052 India (AsiaRetail) by following method. (Method applied for all moto X variants provided stock firmware is available)

Thanks to all the bros in this XDA thread
* [GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)

*ZEDOMAX on youtube.

1.I think in the case of all sd wipe, only flashing any ROM will not work.
But anyway if you havent washed white & still stuck,
go on youtube & search for ZEDOMAX-How to Copy Files Over to your Android In a Bootloop with No OS using ADB!
you will get the video & right instructions. Very helpful.

2 Now if you are all wiped like me, Dont panic ! There is an option of flashing a stock firmware on your device.
Go to this XDA thread
[GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)
RSD lite worked pretty good for me.

++NOTE++
1. If you are in TWRP recovery & trying to connect to RSD lite, it wont show your device.
Push power + vol up + vol down altogether for about 10 sec & let'em go.(It might stuck on BTLDR UNLKD screen, dont worry, do it again) &
You will enter in fastboot menu. RSD lite will recognize your device Now when you plug USB cable to your PC (After Installing all the drivers suggested in video), you can follow that video from thread to flash stock fmwr. RSD will now work fine.

2. Moto X toolkit is gr8, but not for xt1052. Dont go there.

3. You will get most of the StockFirmwares here. Specially for 1052 bros. I bet you wont find'em this easily anywhere else. !
* www filefactory com/folder/dd05c058d3ff8dbe/?sort=created&order=DESC&show=25 *
(I am not allowed to post links yet ! :p place dot after www & b4 com )

XT1052_RETAIL-ASIA_4.4.4_KXA21.12-L1.26_18_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml_2
is the SF i installed. & it was same as my original one. 624MB.

GoodLuck bros.
I hope it helps to soft bricked bros ending up here. Hit Thanks if it works & of course let me know if there is anything else.

Keep Calm & Return to StackFrmwr.:angel:

You could also learn to flash the stock image files manually via mfastboot. Then you won't need a tool.

TheDNY

Jan 6, 2015
You are right man.

You could also learn to flash the stock image files manually via mfastboot. Then you won't need a tool.
Yes of course Senior Member. I am looking forward to that.
Flashing mannually via mfastboot using commands was also an option.
But i am too newbie to do that . I rooted phone & was flashing rom for first time ! Thats why wiped sdcard.
And RSD lite method seemed too easy.

Thanks anyway. I'll learn mfastboot method too.

It will be helpful if you can give me some link where it is well explained. I checked out few threads but didnt get exactly which file is flashed where in those 16-17 commands.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Yes of course Senior Member. I am looking forward to that.
Flashing mannually via mfastboot using commands was also an option.
But i am too newbie to do that . I rooted phone & was flashing rom for first time ! Thats why wiped sdcard.
And RSD lite method seemed too easy.

Thanks anyway. I'll learn mfastboot method too.

It will be helpful if you can give me some link where it is well explained. I checked out few threads but didnt get exactly which file is flashed where in those 16-17 commands.

Dude, I am not trying to be a jerk. However, the info is all over on how to return to stock. All you need to do is a search. Here you go. http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/ref-complete-moto-x-guides-information-t2603358 if you look in that one of many threads on how to return to stock you will get instructions and the commands you can copy and paste so you don't have to type them. YouTube also is a great help. Bet you could find great tutorials on there also for a visual. Now with those commands I would leave out the fastboot OEM lock unless you want to relock your boot loader. I hope this helps. But a simple search would of found you all this.
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/help-moto-x-bricked-how-to-unbrick-t2996791

Moto X Restore and unbrick for any major US carri…: http://youtu.be/jhhktIkwi7Q

How To Factory Restore Your Moto X Using Fastboot!: http://youtu.be/ZtRSrQrzIPI

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Download correct sbf file for your phone from the following link.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

2. Download RSDLite (Google it)

3. Install USB driver for Motorola on your computer

4. Power Off your phone. Press Volume Down + Power button for 3 seconds. You will see boot loader screen

5. Flash your download file from step 1 with RSDLite.

6. Reboot when it is done.

Good Luck
    Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app