USA Dell Streak WARNING!!!!

Search This thread

hdbueller

Retired Forum Mod
Hi all.
I am currently on the phone with AT&T as my USA beta Streak has quit working!! I am being told that the US Streaks were designed to quit after the evaluation period was over!! I now can not make any calls with it at all except to AT&T!!
Any one else had their Streak IMEI blocked by AT&T??

UPDATE: Over at Modaco they are starting to drop like flies......several posts about it now! It is happening as we speak!!
UPDATE 2: Quote from Dell:
All 1100+ US beta Streak IMEI's are now invalid! They could not (or would not) say if the IMEI's will be good again after the release!
UPDATE 3: Dell states that it was AT&T that did this to us and that the affected units will work again AFTER the official USA release! They could not say when that would be tho..... :(

Last edited:

joshgantt

Nov 14, 2009
Boston
Yeah, mine went down around 10 am. Sucks, I've only had it two days, I guess I'm stuck using my old unlocked G1 again temporarily...

foxfire235

Oct 14, 2009
mine is down now too. I was using an Ipad sim card. Will try later with my other ATT sim to see if it works. Let's hope the streak releases soon!

Chalup

Apr 14, 2010
Another reason to hate at&t. I was 100% going to get the dell streak once it came out in the U.S. for tmobile. Fortunately, I had a change of heart when the Galaxy S (Vibrant) was released. Not only has dell announced it will be available only for at&t, but also at&t has delayed its release for ages. Poor dell, should have gone with a different carrier.

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
so if it's only being blocked on AT&T then if we use it here in Canada it should be good then right? Or is it the actual device that is being remotely nuked?

mrsato

Sep 20, 2009
Yokohama
Pardon my language, but its **** like that, that made me say **** AT&T and move to Sprint.

They're just digging their hole deeper and deeper. It amazes me that Apple renewed their contract for the iPhone. That makes Apple a bigger idiot... besides being too slow to the market with the iPhone4. But I digress.

PulldOvr

Jul 9, 2009
Pardon my language, but its **** like that, that made me say **** AT&T and move to Sprint.

They're just digging their hole deeper and deeper. It amazes me that Apple renewed their contract for the iPhone. That makes Apple a bigger idiot... besides being too slow to the market with the iPhone4. But I digress.

According to rumors, Apple did not renew with AT&T and we may see a new iPhone come holiday season with the possibility of it being from Tmo. There are HUUUGE articles all over the place right now that there is a possiblity that AT&T is movin to WinPho7/Android in place of iOS devices ... even if you look at their line up and the fact they are to be the first WinPho7 carrier in the US you can tell something is changing at AT&T. This could be for the better .. or the worst but they need to get the ball rolling faster if they want to survive as the #2 carrier with out Apple pulling them through...

Muo

Aug 22, 2009
IL
I put mine in, and within 2 minutes I got the text. Been using it about an hour now though with full service.

EDIT:
Still works after the night, been about 15 hours now.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

sgeorge

Feb 2, 2006
Just tried my sim. Got the message in less than a minute.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App