[Kernel] Rogue 1.4.3 "Rana" (Updated 11/20/11)

Search This thread

wes_s

Jul 27, 2008
I meant will this kernel allow me to use tiamat 2.2.2 on my 4G xoom. I know Tiamat shouldn't be flashed after the 4G upgrade because it doesn't have 4G support. Is the kernel the missing link?
Even though I've unlocked and rooted my xoom after getting it back from the upgrade, this stock rom is getting annoying.

Last edited:

hunix

Jan 28, 2005
Kuwait
Thanks alot , great work :) , i have a question, can any one tell me steps needed to use WWAN on my wifi zoom via usb? thanks

ghoticov

Feb 21, 2011
I posted this on the xoomforums also but I flashed the kernel and at first 3G was working great. I went into a customer and came back out to find 3G was gone. I started driving into an area that I know has coverage and 3G never came back. I rebooted and still no 3G. It was light blue so I know the coverage was there but it would not connect.

I got home and rebooted again and it recognized my wifi and connected fine.

Another issue is that I am getting FC's OC at 1504, which never happened before when I was on 3.1 (before 4G upgrade). Also, when I rebooted when I got home (before I noticed that it connected to my wifi at home) the stock Launcher FC'ed. Not sure why but this is my experience so far. lol

I did a backup and have restored for now. Would be glad to test again, just let me know.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
I am on a Verizon 3g/4g Xoom and as indicated in the OP this kernel broke my 4g. I went back to my nandroid backup and everything is working again. I would love to try it again if there is another update.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
I am on a Verizon 3g/4g Xoom and as indicated in the OP this kernel broke my 4g. I went back to my nandroid backup and everything is working again. I would love to try it again if there is another update.

By the way, I would be willing to test an update to ensure 4g works before final release.

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
By the way, I would be willing to test an update to ensure 4g works before final release.

The 4G issue (as stated in the changelog) only seems to happen on certain Xooms, to be honest were not sure what exactly is causing the issue. We knew the issue existed on select Xooms, but decided we would release it so others could still enjoy. Hopefully well have a full fix in the future, sorry for any issues you guys may have.

ghoticov

Feb 21, 2011
The 4G issue (as stated in the changelog) only seems to happen on certain Xooms, to be honest were not sure what exactly is causing the issue. We knew the issue existed on select Xooms, but decided we would release it so others could still enjoy. Hopefully well have a full fix in the future, sorry for any issues you guys may have.
Dang, I'm going to miss OCing!

What's weird is I could see the bars on the 3G and I had 3 bars out of 4 but they were light blue not dark blue like they should be. When I was driving the bars were going from 2 to 3 bars but would never turn dark blue and it never said "3G", so I could never connect.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Dang, I'm going to miss OCing!

What's weird is I could see the bars on the 3G and I had 3 bars out of 4 but they were light blue not dark blue like they should be. When I was driving the bars were g from 2 to 3 bars but would never turn dark blue and it never said "3G", so I could neonnect.

I am running 3.2.2 HLK75D with the tachi 2.1 oced GPU overclocked to 1.6 and my 3g/4g works fine. I can't run the whole Moray rom but the kernel works great.

ghoticov

Feb 21, 2011
I am running 3.2.2 HLK75D with the tachi 2.1 oced GPU overclocked to 1.6 and my 3g/4g works fine. I can't run the whole Moray rom but the kernel works great.

Oh wow, I didnt realize the Tiamat kernel would work on 3.2.2. I care much more about OCing than I do the rom overall. Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Tachi 2.1 seems to be running great and I am OCed at 1.7. How did you know that Tachi would work? Did you just try it or did you see someone else running it on 3.2.2?

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Well, after reading further it looks like Tachi is causing problems with waking with everyone with 4G. I don't have this issue yet but one guy said it took a week and then the issue popped up. Part of me wants to wait and see if I have the issue because I did a nandroid and a reatore is easy enough to do in case it screws up. Its hard for mw to give up the speed at 1.7! lol

How long have you been running Tachi?

ghoticov

Feb 21, 2011
Yea, something is up with the Tachi kernel also. My XOOM completely locked up 3 times where I had to do a hard reboot (volume up + power). Oh well, it was worth a shot. :)

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
[/COLOR]
Tachi 2.1 seems to be running great and I am OCed at 1.7. How did you know that Tachi would work? Did you just try it or did you see someone else running it on 3.2.2?

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Well, after reading further it looks like Tachi is causing problems with waking with everyone with 4G. I don't have this issue yet but one guy said it took a week and then the issue popped up. Part of me wants to wait and see if I have the issue because I did a nandroid and a reatore is easy enough to do in case it screws up. Its hard for mw to give up the speed at 1.7! lol

How long have you been running Tachi?

I have been running the tachi kernel for over two weeks with no problems.
When I first got my Xoom back I had problems with wifi, and then with 3g/4g due to the boot loader. I decided to try the Tachi kernel figuring I had nothing to lose. I did a nandroid backup of the stock just in case I needed it to resolve the bootloader issue and then loaded Tachi 2.1. Never had a single problem. When the bootloader fix came out I applied it right over the top of my current system ands when it rebooted 3g/4g worked.

The only problem I have ever had with waking was setting the minimum clock speed too low. I keep it above 600 and al is fine.

gled

Jul 31, 2010
E975
backtrack5

Hi, I've upgraded my moray 2.2.2 with electra oc kernel, runs like a charm, even boot faster ;)

Small problem for me though, could you please include the modules needed for backtrack5 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo769.png

***Built for 3G/4G and Wifi-Only Xoom's running 3.2.0, 3.2.1, and 3.2.2.***

-Rogue v1.4.3-

Rana

Presented By-

TDR

Bazar6

Steady Hawkin

Install Instructions-

-Make a nandroid in your current recovery then proceed

-Download zip file from link below

-Place zip on Micro SDcard

-Reboot into existing recovery

-Choose install zip and select the Rogue Kernel

-Confirm file, wait for it to finish flashing, then reboot

-Enjoy the Rogue Glory!!!

Download's:

Kernel-

Rogue 1.4.3 Rana

or

Rogue 1.4.3 N Rana (Stock clocks for GPU and some other core clocks (sclk, hclk, vde)

Add On's-

Flash any of these after the kernel

USB WWAN

Charge Light Toggle

Source-

Can be found on Github- HERE

Thank You-

Bigrushdog

Coolbho3000

Solarnz

Kcrudup

Cybertronic

Donate to TDR HERE

Stay Tuned For Future Releases!!!
    Yes, were working on an updated kernel and recovery for ICS :D
    This link is for the modified updater-script. Just drop into the zip file to overwrite the current one.

All i have modified is the script to look for the 3.2.1 build.prop to install the 3.2 generic kernel - and changed the script to output 'found 3.2.1 - assuming generic 3.2'

Of course, I assume no liability - but three other users have used this and have had no problems. Just a great kernel with awesome features.

http://www.4shared.com/file/n-Yq_40d/updater-script.html

Be sure to hit thanks if i have helped you solve a problem :)
    -Partial Changelog-

1.4.3 Rana (Official Release)

+4G Xoom LoS fixed (synced patches from official Google/Moto source tree - Huge thank you to kcrudup!)
    +Some other upstream patches
    **Note: tun.ko module is now included with the kernel
    **Possible issue: Xoom may lock up if suspended with USB OTG HDD connected

1.4.1 Electra (Official Release)

-No more support for Android 3.1
    +Revamped installer, works on Android 3.2 and above (including Tiamat ROM 2.2.x)
    +SIO (Simple I/O) I/O scheduler by default (CFQ and noop also available)
    +SLQB (Queued Allocator) slab memory allocator
    +Update modem driver from Qualcomm source
    +Tegra framebuffer copy patch (via kcrudup)
    *Configuration update with support for 4G Xooms (NOTE: there are reports of problems with some VZW Xooms)
    *Fix tegra asm typo
    *Fix typo in MDM6600 driver (thanks kcrudup)

1.3.1 Arcturus (Official Release)

+Rogue branding
    +A bunch of upstream patches
    +Handle corner case of non-US Android 3.2
    +Added support for Android 3.2.2
    +Even more upstream patches (thanks kcrudup and solarnz)
    *Overhauled installation script (better detection of non-US Xooms, can force installation by toggling script asserts)
    **Android 3.1 support is frozen and will be removed in future releases
    -Special Instructions-

This version of Rogue comes packed with a maximum CPU frequency of 1.7GHz and user adjustable voltages for each frequency. Use these features responsibly! Do not select "Set on boot" unless you are confident the settings you chose are stable! Always make backups!

How to use the voltage control:

The stock frequencies and voltages in a kernel are not optimal for everyone. Userspace voltage control lets you either 'undervolt' (to save power) or 'overvolt' (to try and stabilize) any given CPU frequency to meet your needs.

Undervolting-

The easiest way to adjust these voltages is by using the app "Pimp my Cpu", available either from the Market or xda ([APP] 24 June 2011 : Pimp My Cpu 3.0 (OC/UV kernel control tool) - xda-developers). This app will let you to set an undervolt amount for each possible frequency, as well as fill some of the basic overclocking roles of a tool like SetCPU or Droid Overclock.
    Note: at this moment, the app "Voltage Control" is not compatible with Launchpad 1.2.0.

Overvolting-

Unfortunately, Pimp my Cpu does not do overvolting, so you need to execute a shell command to set an overvolt amount.
    Say for example 1600MHz isn't quite stable, and you want to give it a little help. From either adb shell or Terminal Emulator, execute the following commands:

su
    echo "0 -25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

The second line has a series of 13 numbers, mostly zeros. They represent the number of millivolts to subtract from the default voltage of each possible frequency, starting from the higest (1700MHz) to lowest (216MHz). So in the above example, we apply a negative 25 millivolt undervolt ( which transleted to a 25 millivolt overvolt) to the second fastest CPU frequency (1600MHz). Note that the minimum voltage is 770 millivolts and the maximum voltage is 1400 millivolts. If your new voltage exceeds these limits, it will not work.

Here is an example of bumping up 1500, just so you get how its done:

su
    echo "0 0 -25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

In Pimp my CPU, you will see the following as a result of the first command

mail