[MOD][JULY 29] Multi-Reboot Power Menu & Volume Skip - New: 4.3 (JWR66V)

Search This thread

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am not responsible if you toast your precious Nexus! READ before flashing ANY mod!

STOCK AOSP Roms only!! (i.e. This will cause boot loops on CM, AOKP... you get the point)

Should work on most Nexus devices. NOTE: Nexus 7 users need a different version than the rest of the Nexus line up!

Other devices will most likely need further modification to work.

Hey everyone,

This thread has become a one-stop-shop for the 4-way/Multi-Reboot mod that many people want on Stock AOSP Roms. Since day one, the goal has been to provide this mod for us "bleeding-edge" users who choose to enjoy new Android versions while we wait for our favorite ROM to be updated.

This is not necessarily my work, I just pulled it together from Kahvitahra's awesome tutorial and modded the GB/ICS code to make it work on Jelly Bean.

You will find that this particular power menu resembles the EPM's found in CM9/10, AOKP, MIUI, etc. The only difference being the use of an existing image [ic_alert_dialog_holo_dark] for the reboot icon. (Which is what makes this mod more universal in its applications.)

The only file modified in this mod is android.policy.jar. Should be compatible with most of the theme tweaks/mods such as softkeys, batteries etc.. (Just make sure other mods you use do not modify android.policy.jar!)

DOWNLOADS:

>> 4.3 DE-ODEXED VERSIONS

>>4.3 ODEXED VERSIONS
Odexed versions are device specific!
Want an odexed version for another device? Download the odexing zip @ bottom of this post.

>> 4.2.2 DE-ODEXED VERSIONS

>> 4.2.2 ODEXED VERSIONS
Odexed versions are device specific!
Want an odexed version for another device? Download the odexing zip @ bottom of this post.

>> 4.2 VERSIONS

>> 4.1.2 VERSIONS

>> 4.1.1 VERSIONS

>> DIY RESOURCES/INFO:

Odex-Resources.zip - For odexing!
Source Files for 4.3
Source Files for 4.2.2

----------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Download the zip file that meets your needs
- Place said zip on your phone's /sdcard
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash, reboot & you are good to go!

- Kahvitahra
- kong
- SiemensLover
- mwalt2
- mulbyungjahri
- hlxanthus
- bodh

SCREENSHOTS:

Screenshot_2012-07-13-15-33-4922.png
Screenshot_2012-07-14-16-07-3722.png

Last edited:

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Thanks man . Exactly what I was looking for . Surprised JellyBelly doesn't have this baked in already .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
No problem fellas, if/when I get the other two options working, I'll update the OP.

Does MMS still work with it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can't give you a solid answer, but I don't think there is any code that specifically controls mms. My advice is to back up you current android.policy.jar in system/framework/ before flashing.

If you know how to use a file archiving tool like 7zip, you could copy my zip, archive & put the stock jar inside just in case you need to flash the original.

-Mac

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelMcEntire

walkamake

Sep 30, 2011
That's what I want. Thanks a lot! But download mode and bootloader reboots phone like usual reboot on deodexed JB. I will try to get it worked.
And can you create mod with modified framework-res without outer xmls?

Shawheim

Jun 15, 2010
The Star City
does the pull down menu still say "sprint" or does it switch it to "roaming indicator off"? last mod like this switched it to the latter.

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
That's what I want. Thanks a lot! But download mode and bootloader reboots phone like usual reboot on deodexed JB. I will try to get it worked.
And can you create mod with modified framework-res without outer xmls?

Yeah I covered DL mode and Hot boot in the OP.

I fixed Download Mode (about to upload)

As for Hot Boot, something in JB changed and I haven't figured out what yet.

About the xml, I'm not sure I get what your saying? But my goal with this EPM was to leave framework untouched to make it work with more JB Roms out right now.

On top of that, I haven't been able to properly recompile a JB app w/o some ghetto ICS merging. lol

-Mac

Last edited:

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
does the pull down menu still say "sprint" or does it switch it to "roaming indicator off"? last mod like this switched it to the latter.

Shouldn't, the carrier name is controled by an xml in /system I think.

Plus with smali, any code that controls text like that usually just points to a string resource in framework-res.apk. (and I didn't touch framework)

-Mac

EDIT:

OP Updated with working download/bootloader mode.

Last edited:

walkamake

Sep 30, 2011
xIC-MACIx, thanks again. Now I'm really happy with reboot into bootloader :D
What about prev. post, I mean don't use outer xmls, use changed xmls in framework-res.
And about smalis in android.policy. Why almost all of the files were changed? I compared they with android.policy's smali in stock JB and they are different.

Last edited:

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
xIC-MACIx, thanks again. Now I'm really happy with reboot into bootloader :D
What about prev. post, I mean don't use outer xmls, use changed xmls in framework-res.
And about smalis in android.policy. Why almost all of the files were changed? I compared they with android.policy's smali in stock JB and they are different.

Actually only 2 smali files were edited and 3 added...

Edited:
- globalactions.smali
- globalactions$singlepressaction.smali

Added:
- globalactions$10
- globalactions$10$1
- globalactions$10$2

Again, this mod was done using BAMF Jelly 2.0 AOSP 4.1.1 Rom.

Are you using a differencing tool to compare code? Also make sure you decompile both files to be compared w/ the same smali version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
All boot options work perfect on mROM 4.1.1 with faux kernel (19/69). Thanks. This is just what I was looking for. Great work on the port.

Sent from my jellied up mROM v1.1

lazerin

Aug 29, 2008
G'day, I tried flashing this through CWM on OTA 4.1.1 and it doesn't seem to do anything? I'm still getting the default power menu with no reboot option.
Does this need a custom 4.1.1 ROM for it to work?

Top Liked Posts