[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC2] SlimKAT [4.4+][TF300T/TF201] v9.0 FINAL | Updated 2015-01-23

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
SlimKAT for Transformer Pad & Transformer Prime

7n2m.png

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimROMs team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

FEATURES ::

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
-> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
-> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
-> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
-> Privacy guard : Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers.
-> Shake Events : Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lockscreen.
-> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
-> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
-> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
-> Camera : Discover SlimROMs team unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : Every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimROMs team (ROM tree)
-> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
-> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
-> SaberMod team (toolchains)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @lj50036 (lot of help)
-> @JustArchi (build optimizations)

INSTALLATION : to install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)

1. latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.27.5) [TF300T] : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device...
  2. unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
  3. KK enabled custom recovery : regular / PhilZ CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...); You'll find a download link below for my TWRP builds... :D
  4. my SlimKAT ROM file :good:
TO TF201 users : you MUST UPGRADE your bootloader to the latest HairyBean one (please see details over HERE... => CREDITS GO TO AND ONLY TO androwook team for this ! :good:

OPTIONAL : any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package by @TKruzze for example ;))

NOTE : SlimKAT is a KK 4.4+ ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of dalvik, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime :good: BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXER tool available HERE ;)

• TWRP Recovery
    => You will find my TWRP page over HERE... ;)
  • SlimKAT ROM
    -> SlimKAT RC2 for TF300T/TF201 Build 9.0 (2015-01-23) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread...
    -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...

-> In SlimKAT root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post) ;)

Happy flashing :D

CHANGELOG :

2014-02-22 : Beta 1 -> INITIAL RELEASE

=> Dock related bugs : dock battery status is never displayed but device is correctly charging from it when needed; dock keyboard is partially supported (special keys do not work); dock SD card is not working​
=> Auto rotation is failing too​
TO BE FIXED :confused:

2014-02-27 : Beta 2

=> Dock related bugs : all TF300T's hardware keys are now working ! SD card dock slot is working too ;)
=> Auto rotation is working !​
=> added and removed some software ..​
=> TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display, expanded desktop, ...​
Please read my Beta 2 release post for full details... thank you !​

2014-03-03 : Beta 3
=> Embedded Superuser is working but requires activation through 'Advanced options' / 'Superuser' menu AFTER having disabled 'Developers options' (please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !)​
=> Dock special keys : dock keyboard is now fully supported :victory: ('back', 'home' and 'menu' keys are working BUT mapping of 'media previous' and 'media next' is inverted... :confused: => TO DO​
=> New minor bugs : 'Global menu' activities cannot be reordered => TO DO AND 'Device specific settings' menu in 'Advanced options' is a dead one => TO REMOVE​
=> Expanded desktop is working...​
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display...​
=> Software package is close to official one : everything is back from Beta 2 except NovaLauncher and DashClock... Added software still there...​
Please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !​

2014-03-07 : RC1
=> Beta 3 is relabeled RC1 as it is stable enough :good: with few additions on my side : NTFS support is added for SD cards ! (exFAT support was already there since Beta 2...)​

2014-05-28 : RC2

=> same ROM features (and failings...several minor bugs have been reported back...) as RC1, BUT...​
=> ROM + kernel are now compiled with latest SaberMod TCs (GCC 4.8.5 for both), still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)...​
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready :good: BUT i will try to apply it as soon as i can !​

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : SlimKAT for TF300T/TF201 is now featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP)​
:victory: :good: <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team :good:​
(TEMPORARILY REVERTED BACK)​

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKAT for TF300T/TF201 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
ne0zone75, lj50036
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader for TF300T (10.6.1.27.5) / Latest HairyBean one for TF201 and any KK enabled custom recovery...
Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
Current Stable Version: RC2
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-28
Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-02-22
Last Updated 2015-02-23

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
SlimKAT Standard + Extreme Power Packs for TF300T released !

SlimKAT Power Packs

I've re-packaged original SlimKAT Power Pack init.d scripts (Browser2RAM, FSync disabling & ZipAlign) into two flashable .zip files to boost system performance of SlimKAT :p In addition to them there are all ASUS live wallpapers coming from latest ASUS ROM for TF300T (DayScene + MyWater 1 & 2), AdBlock is included and when flashing these packs, filesystem of your device is automatically tuned (see details below ;))

-> Standard Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling ON for /data but tunes /system and /cache too :good:
-> Extreme Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts too and in addition it turns FSync OFF (WARNING : this one can cause data corruption...) while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling OFF for /data (combined with FSync OFF; which means that this pack is mainly intended for benchmarking sessions purposes !), it tunes /system and /cache too :highfive: It features GPU Tweaks : GPU 2D is forced AND software rendering is disabled ! :cool:

The main purpose of the first pack is to safely improve the user experience on your device while raising improper system shutdown tolerance...

...the main purpose of the second one is to max out system performance regardless to system stability !

PREREQUISITE : Please perform a full NANDROID backup from recovery before flashing it !

DISCLAIMER : I will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

-> @hardslog (this pack is based on his one... thank you !)
-> @sbdags & @lj50036 from CROMBi-kk TEAM (FSync init.d script is coming from CROMBi-kk installer ;))
-> me :D

INSTALLATION : Just flash it AFTER a full NANDROID backup, then just wipe cache/dalvik and reboot to system... ;) You can use it with any kernel : embedded CM / GEASS / GRIMLOCK !

DOWNLOADS :

-> SlimKAT Standard Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers :confused:) (2014-03-25) | MD5
-> SlimKAT Extreme Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers :confused:) (2014-03-25) | MD5

With Extreme Power pack installed, you can expect benchmarks scores like this :good: (needs to be updated...)

hw99.png
jxgf.png

-> Legacy Power Pack on SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 3.9 | GL v2.2RC3 (1800/520 with dynamic FSync disabled) + ART turned on :highfive:

Have fun with it... :D

NOTE : These two packs are TF201 compatible ! :good:

EDIT : ALL ASUS live wallpapers were not installing correctly so i removed them from the pack until i fix this :confused:

Last edited:

Ramrod421

Dec 11, 2011
Calgary
Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*

Last edited:
Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*

Thank you for giving it a try :good: I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab :)

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramrod421

Ramrod421

Dec 11, 2011
Calgary
Thank you for giving it a try :good: I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab :)

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195

I don't have the dock so that doesn't bother me at all. Smoothest 4.4.2 ROM for me so far. Thank you!!

bcombel

Account currently disabled
Well I got it installed which without any problems. Still setting it up but so far I really like it but so far I have found two issues(one which has been reported) 1. Autorotation not working 2. Ext SD card is not recognized. Is there a fix or something I can do for the SD card? It is in ex-fat format. Autorotation is not really that big of an issue but other than those two things I am liking it.

Sent from my TF300T using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Well I got it installed which without any problems. Still setting it up but so far I really like it but so far I have found two issues(one which has been reported) 1. Autorotation not working 2. Ext SD card is not recognized. Is there a fix or something I can do for the SD card? It is in ex-fat format. Autorotation is not really that big of an issue but other than those two things I am liking it.

Thank you for reporting back :good: I'll update the know bugs list by adding explicitely the one about the dock SD card which cannot be fixed on your side because i've disabled its support in order to build the ROM (there was a fatal build error about it and i'm working on it to fix it up... )

I'm currently working hard on :

-> dock support in a global way because since KitKat and from a few time 'asusdec' has been replaced by 'healthd' in CM tree : it was not working properly because of an incompatibilty of it with KitKat (It was ok until latest JellyBean release). This is a huge development move so i have to say it is difficult to implement it when porting a ROM like i do by using CM tree; 'heathd' is a new daemon for KitKat that manage battery status for example and 'the move' may be implied when considering the partial dock keyboard support in my port... dock SD card will be fixed up soon i believe...
-> autorotation because at this time i have not a clue why it is not working ... it should but it does not and i believe this feature is really appreciated by users when undocking their device, isn't it ;)

I think that i will release ROM updates on a 2 weeks schedule basis for the moment and i would like to say that any constructive idea on how to deal correctly with all kind of confirmed bugs in my port will always be greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards

Sent from my TF300T

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Just to clarify on the SD card issue. I have the problem on the SD card that goes in the tablet itself as I don't have a dock. I don't know if that makes any difference. Thanks

It is strange because microSD card is working for me (32 GB fat32), so correct me if i'm wrong but you are using a microSD larger than mine, and with a different filesystem than mine too... anyway, YES you can fix it on your side ;) => i saw that you're using exFAT so you need a custom kernel that supports it... i don't know if there is any for our device (AOSP). You might be interested in reading THIS perhaps...

Sent from my TF300T

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Ok that did the trick! Thanks for your help. I will be running this from now on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

You're welcome and thank you for using my SlimKAT port :highfive: :victory:

INFO : embedded superuser executables in my ROM are not working at all out of the box, so if you want to have 'root' on it, please flash superuser / SuperSU from recovery... Thank you !

Sent from my TF300T

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Beta 2 released ;)

I've just released Beta 2 ;)

First of all i would like to thank you for having downloaded my port and also for having reported back, many bugs have been fixed ! :good:

I'll do my best to make SlimKAT run great on our device !

Here is the changelog :

-> auto rotation : fixed ! :victory: auto rotates display when undocked and do not when docked :good:
-> dock : all TF300T's special keys are working ! :highfive: (but expanded desktop is still not available => 'back', 'home' and 'menu' hardware keys are overrided by touch display ones...); SD card is working ! :cool: (dock slot one... microSD tablet slot was already ok => exfat support added !). Dock battery status display still missing...
-> removed embedded superuser as it was not properly building => Beta 2 does not ship with any superuser app, you'll have to flash one from recovery (BTW i'll update my TWRP build now built along with SlimKAT sources...)
-> removed nova launcher, dash clock and some other stuff : you'll tell me if you would like some of them back...
-> added bash, htop, lsof, nano, powertop AND exfat support ;) (i've not tested this last...)
-> TODO : dock battery display support :confused: and expanded desktop...

If you'te interested in my port, please try it out and kindly report back, thank you !

Have a nice day ;)

Sent from my TF300T

NOTE : Special thanks to every early beta tester :)

EDIT : Oops if forgot to mention that Beta 2 kernel has NFS / CIFS support embedded into it (no modules) ;) but you might prefer to try another AOSP custom kernel like @hardslog GRIMKERN's one or @ebildude123 GEASS's one...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramrod421

Ramrod421

Dec 11, 2011
Calgary
I've just released Beta 2 ;)

First of all i would like to thank you for having downloaded my port and also for having reported back, many bugs have been fixed ! :good:

I'll do my best to make SlimKAT run great on our device !

Here is the changelog :

-> auto rotation : fixed ! :victory: auto rotates display when undocked and do not when docked :good:
-> dock : all TF300T's special keys are working ! :highfive: (but expanded desktop is still not available => 'back', 'home' and 'menu' hardware keys are overrided by touch display ones...); SD card is working ! :cool: (dock slot one... microSD tablet slot was already ok => exfat support added !). Dock battery status display still missing...
-> removed embedded superuser as it was not properly building => Beta 2 does not ship with any superuser app, you'll have to flash one from recovery (BTW i'll update my TWRP build now built along with SlimKAT sources...)
-> removed nova launcher, dash clock and some other stuff : you'll tell me if you would like some of them back...
-> added bash, htop, lsof, nano, powertop AND exfat support ;) (i've not tested this last...)
-> TODO : dock battery display support :confused: and expanded desktop...

If you'te interested in my port, please try it out and kindly report back, thank you !

Have a nice day ;)

Sent from my TF300T

NOTE : Special thanks to every early beta tester :)

So I after flashing I downloaded SuperSU and flashed it. I still don't have root access. What gives? It was working before I flashed everything over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKAT for Transformer Pad & Transformer Prime

7n2m.png

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimROMs team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

FEATURES ::

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
    -> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
    -> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
    -> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
    -> Privacy guard : Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers.
    -> Shake Events : Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lockscreen.
    -> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
    -> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
    -> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
    -> Camera : Discover SlimROMs team unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : Every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

-> SlimROMs team (ROM tree)
    -> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
    -> SaberMod team (toolchains)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @lj50036 (lot of help)
    -> @JustArchi (build optimizations)

INSTALLATION : to install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)

1. latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.27.5) [TF300T] : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device...
    2. unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
    3. KK enabled custom recovery : regular / PhilZ CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...); You'll find a download link below for my TWRP builds... :D
    4. my SlimKAT ROM file :good:
    TO TF201 users : you MUST UPGRADE your bootloader to the latest HairyBean one (please see details over HERE... => CREDITS GO TO AND ONLY TO androwook team for this ! :good:

OPTIONAL : any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package by @TKruzze for example ;))

NOTE : SlimKAT is a KK 4.4+ ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of dalvik, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime :good: BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXER tool available HERE ;)

• TWRP Recovery
      => You will find my TWRP page over HERE... ;)
    • SlimKAT ROM
      -> SlimKAT RC2 for TF300T/TF201 Build 9.0 (2015-01-23) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread...
      -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...

-> In SlimKAT root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post) ;)

Happy flashing :D

CHANGELOG :

2014-02-22 : Beta 1 -> INITIAL RELEASE

=> Dock related bugs : dock battery status is never displayed but device is correctly charging from it when needed; dock keyboard is partially supported (special keys do not work); dock SD card is not working​
    => Auto rotation is failing too​
    TO BE FIXED :confused:

2014-02-27 : Beta 2

=> Dock related bugs : all TF300T's hardware keys are now working ! SD card dock slot is working too ;)
    => Auto rotation is working !​
    => added and removed some software ..​
    => TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display, expanded desktop, ...​
    Please read my Beta 2 release post for full details... thank you !​

2014-03-03 : Beta 3
    => Embedded Superuser is working but requires activation through 'Advanced options' / 'Superuser' menu AFTER having disabled 'Developers options' (please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !)​
    => Dock special keys : dock keyboard is now fully supported :victory: ('back', 'home' and 'menu' keys are working BUT mapping of 'media previous' and 'media next' is inverted... :confused: => TO DO​
    => New minor bugs : 'Global menu' activities cannot be reordered => TO DO AND 'Device specific settings' menu in 'Advanced options' is a dead one => TO REMOVE​
    => Expanded desktop is working...​
    => STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display...​
    => Software package is close to official one : everything is back from Beta 2 except NovaLauncher and DashClock... Added software still there...​
    Please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !​

2014-03-07 : RC1
    => Beta 3 is relabeled RC1 as it is stable enough :good: with few additions on my side : NTFS support is added for SD cards ! (exFAT support was already there since Beta 2...)​

2014-05-28 : RC2

=> same ROM features (and failings...several minor bugs have been reported back...) as RC1, BUT...​
    => ROM + kernel are now compiled with latest SaberMod TCs (GCC 4.8.5 for both), still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)...​
    => STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready :good: BUT i will try to apply it as soon as i can !​

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : SlimKAT for TF300T/TF201 is now featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP)​
    :victory: :good: <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team :good:​
    (TEMPORARILY REVERTED BACK)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKAT for TF300T/TF201 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    ne0zone75, lj50036
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader for TF300T (10.6.1.27.5) / Latest HairyBean one for TF201 and any KK enabled custom recovery...
    Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-28
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-02-22
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    SlimKAT RC1 build 4.6 for TF201/TF300T is online...

Current weekly build 4.6 is finally ready for download from Dev-Host :victory: (links updated in post 1), i will update xda links later :confused:

You'll find its changelog grabbed from official SlimROMs website below :

Changelog:

Framework: Shake to Temporarily Secure && Fixes
    Framework: SystemUI: Custom Tile - add Global && Create Small API
    Framework: Revert "SystemUI: Remove broadcast from QH toggles"
    Framework: Revert "Base: Check ProcessesReady before broadcast"
    Framework: Revert "Insufficient ProcessRecord cleanup when persistent process is killed"
    Framework: SlimRecents: fix sometimes missing first task
    Frameworks: apple can do...we can do as well
    Vendor: Add Hondura Tigo apn
    Vendor: Fix APN typo
    Vendor: apns: Add type default for Sprint.
    Frameworks (caf): Make the default value of in-call noise suppression configurable.
    Frameworks (caf): Call setDirtyRect to update dirty rectangle
    Frameworks (caf): Display: Dirty region propagation
    Frameworks (caf): Fix the value type of def_noise_suppression
    Vendor LGE: Revert "hammerhead: change gps blobs"
    Telephony: Implement SIM card management
    Art: Avoid unnecessary copy of dex_gc_map.
    Tons of device specific upstream and fixes
    Tons of kernel ehancements.
    Gapps update (more google camera compatibility fixes, new YouTube)

Very happy flashing :good:

EDIT : xda download links are updated :highfive:
    SlimKAT Standard + Extreme Power Packs for TF300T released !

SlimKAT Power Packs

I've re-packaged original SlimKAT Power Pack init.d scripts (Browser2RAM, FSync disabling & ZipAlign) into two flashable .zip files to boost system performance of SlimKAT :p In addition to them there are all ASUS live wallpapers coming from latest ASUS ROM for TF300T (DayScene + MyWater 1 & 2), AdBlock is included and when flashing these packs, filesystem of your device is automatically tuned (see details below ;))

-> Standard Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling ON for /data but tunes /system and /cache too :good:
    -> Extreme Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts too and in addition it turns FSync OFF (WARNING : this one can cause data corruption...) while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling OFF for /data (combined with FSync OFF; which means that this pack is mainly intended for benchmarking sessions purposes !), it tunes /system and /cache too :highfive: It features GPU Tweaks : GPU 2D is forced AND software rendering is disabled ! :cool:

The main purpose of the first pack is to safely improve the user experience on your device while raising improper system shutdown tolerance...

...the main purpose of the second one is to max out system performance regardless to system stability !

PREREQUISITE : Please perform a full NANDROID backup from recovery before flashing it !

DISCLAIMER : I will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

-> @hardslog (this pack is based on his one... thank you !)
    -> @sbdags & @lj50036 from CROMBi-kk TEAM (FSync init.d script is coming from CROMBi-kk installer ;))
    -> me :D

INSTALLATION : Just flash it AFTER a full NANDROID backup, then just wipe cache/dalvik and reboot to system... ;) You can use it with any kernel : embedded CM / GEASS / GRIMLOCK !

DOWNLOADS :

-> SlimKAT Standard Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers :confused:) (2014-03-25) | MD5
    -> SlimKAT Extreme Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers :confused:) (2014-03-25) | MD5

With Extreme Power pack installed, you can expect benchmarks scores like this :good: (needs to be updated...)

hw99.png
    jxgf.png

-> Legacy Power Pack on SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 3.9 | GL v2.2RC3 (1800/520 with dynamic FSync disabled) + ART turned on :highfive:

Have fun with it... :D

NOTE : These two packs are TF201 compatible ! :good:

EDIT : ALL ASUS live wallpapers were not installing correctly so i removed them from the pack until i fix this :confused:
    Very important announcement !

Good afternoon,

Today i am announcing that i am freezing again all my xda projects; i am really sad about it and i am feeling quite unlucky because after the data disaster that i did overcome, something really bad is happening to me : someone very close to me just get very badly sick ! So, i am absolutely not in mood to spend time for android anymore these days !

Nevertheless, i am not discontinuing all my my current xda projects yet ! I am slowing them down a lot that is all ! Updates will still come for each one !

-> TWRP for S4 mini and Transformer will get regular updates...
    -> SlimKat for S4 mini and Transformer will get less frequent updates (maybe one in a month...) it will let me to have enough time to make things right !

Meanwhile, if any of you who is reading these lines would like to take ownership of my xda threads in order to go further with my work, then just PM me, just in case i would take the decision to definitely stop my work over xda !

Kind regards

PS : I will make a huge cleanup in each opening posts of all my current xda threads ASAP !
    Current weekly will be released soon...

Good morning,

As soon as SlimROMs team will have merged current weekly freezed source code upstream, i will start to build its TF300T release... :good:

I am currently running build 5.7 on S4 mini LTE and everything is fine so far... :D

Upcoming current weekly will be DEODEXED and featuring :

-> Android 4.4.3
    -> APP2SD functionality (available from 'Settings/Apps' menu)

... and will still be compiled with 'Official Linaro GCC' v4.8/7 (ROM/kernel) and with @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! ;) Dock battery status display will not be available yet...

Of course, after having flashed upcoming build you will be able to ODEX your ROM by running @MatrixDJ96 script...

Stay tuned !

NB : I will test @lj50036 kernel (based off CyanogenMod 11.0 one) out this week in order to try to provide OOTB F2FS support in the next weekly BUT also full F2FS support in the DEV branch of my TWRP builds for TF300T, thanks to him for his work ! :good:

PS : If you do want to add F2FS to your setup please refer to @ebildude123 GEASS & @hardslog GRIMLOCK threads, thank you !