[Q] Stock Rom showing custom status

Search This thread

HardlyRock

May 19, 2014
Sir/Madam,
Recently I have installed a stock firmware for my samsung galaxy fame duos (GT-S6812). When I boot it in download mode it shows system status 'official' but when I check my device status it tells 'custom'. Please help me on this.
Thanks

HardlyRock

May 19, 2014

HardlyRock

May 19, 2014
Maybe you flash an unclean Rom.
Try flashing a new one from trusted sources.

Sent from my A706 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks Sir,
For your instant suggestion
But sir in ODIN mode, it is saying that the system status OFFICIAL. Further more what should can I do?
Can you please link me some trustful source from where should I download firmware for my phone?

Ragkhuza

Mar 6, 2014
Sir/Madam,
Recently I have installed a stock firmware for my samsung galaxy fame duos (GT-S6812). When I boot it in download mode it shows system status 'official' but when I check my device status it tells 'custom'. Please help me on this.
Thanks

To be honest, no one can guarantee a 100% clean stock rom.
I've searched and did what I should but find no guaranteed stock rom for your device.
Also keep in mind that your lucky that's your only problem compare to others who bricked their Androids.
I suggest that you should be content with that as long as you don't meet any problem, don't you.Don't try to mess with your phone. You don't know how worst it could be!

Sent from my A706 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CallMeTut

Dec 26, 2010
Happens to me also

Sir/Madam,
Thanks

I had a similar issue as your that I reported here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760252
(Don't know if that link will appear correctly in this post)
I've had my exchanged dcvice for 2 days and last night about 6:30 pm it suddenly acted up again... power key worldn't work, took a battery pull to restart, came on with an unlocked lock with the word "custom" under it, looking at device status in the settings showed "custom" not original, and phone would go to sleep and not wake up. The device new device had never been conected to any computer (I was still trying to understand what I had that caused the error in the first place. The battery was at about 58 percent when this happened. I did plug the phone into a charger (after a battery pull reset) and let the phone charge a bit... at about 65 percent battery I decided I would look at it at again and when I did it was back to original, a reboot did not display custom nor the open lock.
Sorry it doesn't help much but don't feel alone.
Tutor

HardlyRock

May 19, 2014
I had a similar issue as your that I reported here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760252
(Don't know if that link will appear correctly in this post)
I've had my exchanged dcvice for 2 days and last night about 6:30 pm it suddenly acted up again... power key worldn't work, took a battery pull to restart, came on with an unlocked lock with the word "custom" under it, looking at device status in the settings showed "custom" not original, and phone would go to sleep and not wake up. The device new device had never been conected to any computer (I was still trying to understand what I had that caused the error in the first place. The battery was at about 58 percent when this happened. I did plug the phone into a charger (after a battery pull reset) and let the phone charge a bit... at about 65 percent battery I decided I would look at it at again and when I did it was back to original, a reboot did not display custom nor the open lock.
Sorry it doesn't help much but don't feel alone.
Tutor

Well, read the link you post but didn't understood the thing your phone undergone. How its status came back to original as I tried so much to back original but nothing works.

Sent from my GT-S6812 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

CallMeTut

Dec 26, 2010
Well, read the link you post but didn't understood the thing your phone undergone. How its status came back to original as I tried so much to back original but nothing works.

Sent from my GT-S6812 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It seems to be the microSD card that I was using is/was causing the problem. I removed the micro card and it (the device) went back to normal... I put the SD card back in and it again went into that unlocked icon on boot and custom status. I went and bought a new card and placed it into the device and haven't seen the strange behavior again as of yet.