|July 4|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Search This thread

SportbikeRiderXX

Oct 17, 2006
Newark, Delaware
Which version am I actually downloading?

I'm still using a mid-April Energy ROM and I have a few hours to kill this morning, so I'm ready to load up the newest one available. Both this thread title AND BigBadger's post #4 w/changelog refer to a May 09 release date, but the download link directs you to the hotfile page that still lists all available ROMs as being May 02 releases. Does this mean the May 09 ROMs haven't actually uploaded yet, or does this mean that NRG didn't change the file name on the hotfile download links?

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I'm still using a mid-April Energy ROM and I have a few hours to kill this morning, so I'm ready to load up the newest one available. Both this thread title AND BigBadger's post #4 w/changelog refer to a May 09 release date, but the download link directs you to the hotfile page that still lists all available ROMs as being May 02 releases. Does this mean the May 09 ROMs haven't actually uploaded yet, or does this mean that NRG didn't change the file name on the hotfile download links?

Changelog is updated but files not yet... You download the date is on the file. In a few hours May9 will be up.... just wait a little...

frosty911

May 6, 2009
i'm using this version of album 3.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5880557&postcount=785 with that i get rid of that black box when viewing facebook pictures.

the landscape menu though, still there. it doesn't bother me much to have the menu landscape all the time, at least now we get rid of one problem.

i've posted pictures just so that you can see the icon that should be there, seems to just refresh the picture

how do you install this?

EDIT: is this how?

"1. i downloaded the rhodium s2 OEM pack only from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633386 (you can try the topaz s2 also they both work)
2. unzipped it named folder album 3.2
3. copied the album 3.2 folder onto my memory card
4. used total commander to copy all files under both folders to \windows; "files" and "0409" files
5. used registry editor (start-tools) to import both app.reg that are found in the album 3.2 folder (main album folder and 0409 folder)
6. http://xdaforums.com/show...42&postcount=4 download the facebook album fix (thanks to Captain_Throwback for the cab and ohnuhuh for directing me there)
7. restart phone and try it out

Last edited:

fesrts

Sep 22, 2008
Hi, how come the slide out keyboard cant type numbers? and it act kinda funny. How to fix it? i am new here.

If you are new, you REALLY need to read the first 5 posts on this thread. Saves you alot of time (and others too).

In short, you need to change the keyboard settings by going to Start - Tools - Keyboard Selector and choose Touch Pro Keyboard. The default is Fuse.

cteyoungmoney

Apr 14, 2009
hi to all i need some help

everytime i install a energy rom when i am on messenger typeing to my friends chating the keyboard will start giving problems like when i type a letter it will keep repeating forever untill i turn the screen off and when i turn it back on it will eather continue doing the same thing or work for a while then go back repeating the same letter .why is this happening .i havnt install any other extra software after i flash and i dont get that problem with the stock rom when i flash back to it why is this happening to me ;-( ?

frosty911

May 6, 2009
everytime i install a energy rom when i am on messenger typeing to my friends chating the keyboard will start giving problems like when i type a letter it will keep repeating forever untill i turn the screen off and when i turn it back on it will eather continue doing the same thing or work for a while then go back repeating the same letter .why is this happening .i havnt install any other extra software after i flash and i dont get that problem with the stock rom when i flash back to it why is this happening to me ;-( ?

i have had this happen to me, but always chalked it up to the phone itself. I always assumed the keyboard was sticking on me from every day useage. Usually the "I" button does it for me. I really doubt it is a rom issue but more a phone keyboard issue.

Im not too sure i see the point to this... does the Fuze not have the Ctrl key?
My Touch Pro does and most of these are done using it (Ctrl + C = Copy, etc.)

yeah, boy I wish we had that key... but even if you have a touch pro, this program is EXTREMELY useful!

no the fuze doesn't and that is one of the suckie things about its keyboard

yeah, quite a pain, I must say!

But but but we have the always necessary ¢ ;)

LOL

i'm using this version of album 3.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5880557&postcount=785 with that i get rid of that black box when viewing facebook pictures.

the landscape menu though, still there. it doesn't bother me much to have the menu landscape all the time, at least now we get rid of one problem.

i've posted pictures just so that you can see the icon that should be there, seems to just refresh the picture

thanks for the heads up on that! I been using programatix's topaz s2 version and it has the black box issue...

1. kimi_sae_ireba's People Messaging Mod; links to mod and corrected people_pages.xml found here
  2. Co0kie's BG4All cab which fixes the stretching background problem when entering the CHT Lock (and on the Music tab per JVH3) found here
  3. People tab misalignment fix found here

All 3 tested and working great!

thanks, I had forgotten about the people tab alignment fix...

Didn't work for me on 2 May 21903 build. I have had poor battery life (8-9 hours) on all 21xxx & 23xxx builds for many months. Tried no end of different configurations and radios etc, and the only thing that made much difference was turning push email off (which I don't want to have to do).

However... I found an unlikley workaround for me in this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=535099
...snip...
Be interested to see if this works for anyone else who has battery drain issues, and if anyone has any ideas for a fix on the underlying cause.

Unless you've tested battery drainage against a brand new battery, I don't think there is an underlying 'cause, unless it's a piece of software you install...

instead of turning off the screen, just tap on the screen with your finger... this happens every once in a while with me... I think you can try changing the repeat rate somewhere in the registry... energy probably sets it lower (faster) than stock, which can cause it to "stick" from time to time... I think...

its latest upload says may 02, where is may 09?

obviously, they haven't been uploaded yet... otherwise they would be there... chef updated the title of the thread, to let us know they were coming, not that they were already here... just calm down and check back every couple of hours... jeez you people are like crack fiends... haha... build is only a week old and you people are foaming at the mouth!

peyhy

Feb 7, 2010
SiChuan
obviously, they haven't been uploaded yet... otherwise they would be there... chef updated the title of the thread, to let us know they were coming, not that they were already here... just calm down and check back every couple of hours... jeez you people are like crack fiends... haha... build is only a week old and you people are foaming at the mouth!

that`s it ..
I think I will wait for a late . good night...

fesrts

Sep 22, 2008

If this also happens to other applications when using the keyboard, then it sounds like a hardware problem. I had my keyboard replaced a couple of months back - when it still under warrenty.

R^7Z

From the Chefs menu

NRGZ28 said:
And if you're stuck on Sense 2.1 or using plain jane Sense 2.5.. get with the program and install Cookie, ok ?? lol
about 6 hours ago via Digsby

NRGZ28 said:
Since Cookie is definitely the most popular choice of ROM, its prioritized b4 all other ROMs for May9th uploads.
about 6 hours ago via Digsby

NRGZ28 said:
Yeah... I'm not 100% happy with the May8th ROMs so they're ALL coming down. Reuploading them with fixed May9th ROMs. Sorry guys...
about 8 hours ago via Digsby

Bon-apatite! :D

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

instead of turning off the screen, just tap on the screen with your finger... this happens every once in a while with me... I think you can try changing the repeat rate somewhere in the registry... energy probably sets it lower (faster) than stock, which can cause it to "stick" from time to time... I think...

I think is a performance issue. When happens to me something is running on back or wifi connection drops. And the phone slow down... The WM6.5 and Sense aren't made for our devices...
Also the suggestion of benjamin can be tested...

adeadby30v

Dec 8, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi there... i was using Album 3.2 for a good time and the worst of it is that sometimes is very heavy to load, very embarrasing when you show photos... Since them I'm using Resco PM... It uploads to several services, and Photo Retouching, that is awsome... and its FAST. Never load Albums 3.2. I think @NRGZ28 is so right to leave this off. Is too heavy!

i've been using it for about 2 months, i don't see any lag compared to the album that's cooked in. the only time that it lags is the first picture that you load, shows a black bar and then after 3 seconds fixes itself. after that it works fine and fast

how do you install this?

EDIT: is this how?

"1. i downloaded the rhodium s2 OEM pack only from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633386 (you can try the topaz s2 also they both work)
2. unzipped it named folder album 3.2
3. copied the album 3.2 folder onto my memory card
4. used total commander to copy all files under both folders to \windows; "files" and "0409" files
5. used registry editor (start-tools) to import both app.reg that are found in the album 3.2 folder (main album folder and 0409 folder)
6. http://xdaforums.com/show...42&postcount=4 download the facebook album fix (thanks to Captain_Throwback for the cab and ohnuhuh for directing me there)
7. restart phone and try it out

yeah that's still how i install it, there are some ini files in the new package i put but i don't do anything with those.

now i put all those files i used to copy into the sense folder of my xda_uc and renamed both reg to album main files.reg and album language.reg and put those two in the main xda_uc folder. it all installs without a problem.

thanks for the heads up on that! I been using programatix's topaz s2 version and it has the black box issue...

no problem but don't thank me, thank fr3sh_t0_d3f for the album.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.X series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you own an European\Asian Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utilities > Tweaks (after you flash the ROM) to select the "Pro" keyboard layout. The ROM comes with the american AT&T Fuze layout enabled by default.

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed, however it's still in 'beta'. Cookie 1.8.5 is considered the less complicated and stable build for now.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
    Sense%20Email.png
    Sense%20Music.png
    Sense%20Settings.png
    Sense%20Facebook.png
    Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
    Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
    Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
    Email.png
    Messaging.png
    Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
    • Solitaire
    • Teeter
    GPS

• Digital Compass
    • QuickGPS
    • Google Maps
    • HTC GPSTool
    • ChartCross GPS Test
    Internet

• Opera 9.7
    • Jbed Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Remote Desktop
    • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
    • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
    • Barnes Noble eReader
    • Facebook
    • Palringo
    • Windows Live
    • Messenger
    • Bing
    • Send and Receive All
    • Data Controller
    Multimedia

• Audio Booster
    • FM Radio
    • MP3 Trimmer
    • Voice Recorder
    • YouTube
    • TCPMP
    • InCall Recording
    Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
    Tools

• BsB Tweaks
    • Flashlight
    • Lock Device
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Registry Editor
    • PIM Backup
    • FDC TaskManager
    • Wifi Router
    • XDA UC
    • My own Settings Exporter tool
    • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
    • Wifi Monster
    • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
    • tBattery
    On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
    • Total Commander
    • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
    • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.
    EnergyStandard.png

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Camera / G-Sensor Issue

In the Rhodium, I found that HTCSensorSDK.dll was missing in both the December 11th and December 13th ROMs.

I found this by running depends.exe on Camera.exe.

I saw that HTCSensorSDK.dll was a dependency.

Since there were also G-Sensor issue, it seemed like a likely cause.

I uploaded my December 5th version of that file. A user applied it.

The Camera started working.

That particular file might not be compatible with the Raphael, so I recommend someone look at the last ROM where the camera worked. backup HTCSensorSDK.dll from the windows folder.

Flash the latest ROM. Then copy the backed up file to the windows folder.

If it works, then zip it up and upload it.

Hope this helps. If it does, please remember the Thanks button.