[ROM] GalnetMIUI Chameleon RC1 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

We are sorry to announce that we will be moving all of our releases away from XDA Developers. As such, we would like to thank XDA for our time here, and are sad to see things end in this way, but it is for the best.

We are proud to introduce GalnetMIUI Chameleon RC1 for the Galaxy S II!

Some of you may already be familiar with our work, in which case, welcome back! For those who haven't tried our roms before, then we would like to welcome you to a very special club!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Change Log:

- Added the TouchWiz Interface
- Improved Bluetooth (Please help test audio via bluetooth)
- Sorted the CRT glitch (Funny graphics when turn screen off and on)
- and I've added a few more Galnet treats..!

Intallation

You MUST have root beofre flashing GalnetMIUI Chameleon RC1. If you do not have root, please follow this guide (thanks to Chainfire) :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399

Step 1. Download GalnetMIUI for Galaxy S2

Step 2. Now connect i9100 to PC with a USB cable >> copy over the GalnetMIUI .zip file to the root SD card >> then disconnect your phone from PC.

Step 3. Download and install ROM Manager app

Step 4. Now run ROM Manager app >> tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery >> choose Samsung Galaxy S II >> now your phone will reboot.

Step 5. Once the GS2 is rebooted >> launch ROM Manager app >> tap on Reboot Into Recovery.

Step 6. Your GS2 will reboot again and will enter ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. Now use volume keys to navigate >> scroll down to backup and restore and make a backup of your smartphone’s current state.

Step 7. Once the backup process is finished >> scroll down to wipe data/factory reset >> scroll down to advanced using volume keys/home button >> wipe Dalvik cache.

Step 8. Scroll down to install MIUI zip file from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard >> Chameleon-RC1-i9100. Wait till it be flashed completely

Step 9. Finally, reboot again via ClockWorkMod recovery

Step 10. Now your Galaxy S2 should run GalnetMIUI

Download Link

Download for Galaxy S II i9100

http://www.galnetmiui.co.uk/chameleon/rc1/Chameleon-RC-1v2-i9100.zip

Size: 125MB
MD5:f1cbde73e485cb1d91adfdd91904c198

Credit to bmarko for the kernel

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011
welcome...bluetooth fully works,with full speed transfers? also is the volume bug in miui on sgs2 fixed? Downloading now...

Last edited:

iKaosTony

Apr 24, 2011
Hoorn
Do I have to follow step 3, download and install ROM Manager app? Because I already have ClockworkMod Recovery that was included in the CF-Root from Chainfire.

Also, could you tell me the difference between this MIUI ROM and the MIUI ROM from bmarko82?

michaelro

Dec 5, 2009
braila
Nice. Just installed and it's ok. Good job.
Edit.

No stock Internet browser only maxthon.
Stk is not workings same as cm7 and miui

Last edited:

michaelro

Dec 5, 2009
braila
Do I have to follow step 3, download and install ROM Manager app? Because I already have ClockworkMod Recovery that was included in the CF-Root from Chainfire.

Also, could you tell me the difference between this MIUI ROM and the MIUI ROM from bmarko82?

Wipe and install just like any other ron.
it's based on dmarko work I believe.

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Screenshots?

Nice to see galnet here...

Screenshots added to the OP.

As for why people should flash this rom over other MIUI roms? It's just more choice for people. We fix things that MIUI leaves broken in most cases, and it simply provides more choice for those who like MIUI, but enjoy the little tweaks we do to take it in a different direction from the stock MIUI.

Reactions: BoneMo and malavan

BoneMo

Jun 25, 2009
Prague
kernels ?

What about kernels ?? can we flash kernel we want or is it possible only to use kernel which is packed in cwm zip ??

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
What about kernels ?? can we flash kernel we want or is it possible only to use kernel which is packed in cwm zip ??

As your know there isn't many Kernel's for the SGS 2 (MIUI /CM) related. We haven't made our own kernel yet for the SGS 2 and as such we are using "2.6.35-MIUI-g31db975bmarko", so in essence yes we are using BMarko's Kernel, which we are thankful for!

Credits to the CM team and Bmarko for the kernel. ;)

However as Alan (lttldvl) has said the framework for the SGS 2 is modified with our SGS improvements and stableness (which others have grown to love).

I hope this clears this little issue!

Reactions: BoneMo

amitmiz

Dec 31, 2010
Tel-Aviv,Israel
Thanks, but what is the different between this and the already available miui rom.. the only thing I could see is tw4launcher and gallery 3d, that I can install manully.. I guess that it not the same as galnet for galaxy s 1 where there is touchwiz frame-work built in with samsung apps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

We are sorry to announce that we will be moving all of our releases away from XDA Developers. As such, we would like to thank XDA for our time here, and are sad to see things end in this way, but it is for the best.

We are proud to introduce GalnetMIUI Chameleon RC1 for the Galaxy S II!

Some of you may already be familiar with our work, in which case, welcome back! For those who haven't tried our roms before, then we would like to welcome you to a very special club!

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Change Log:

- Added the TouchWiz Interface
    - Improved Bluetooth (Please help test audio via bluetooth)
    - Sorted the CRT glitch (Funny graphics when turn screen off and on)
    - and I've added a few more Galnet treats..!

Intallation

You MUST have root beofre flashing GalnetMIUI Chameleon RC1. If you do not have root, please follow this guide (thanks to Chainfire) :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399

Step 1. Download GalnetMIUI for Galaxy S2

Step 2. Now connect i9100 to PC with a USB cable >> copy over the GalnetMIUI .zip file to the root SD card >> then disconnect your phone from PC.

Step 3. Download and install ROM Manager app

Step 4. Now run ROM Manager app >> tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery >> choose Samsung Galaxy S II >> now your phone will reboot.

Step 5. Once the GS2 is rebooted >> launch ROM Manager app >> tap on Reboot Into Recovery.

Step 6. Your GS2 will reboot again and will enter ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. Now use volume keys to navigate >> scroll down to backup and restore and make a backup of your smartphone’s current state.

Step 7. Once the backup process is finished >> scroll down to wipe data/factory reset >> scroll down to advanced using volume keys/home button >> wipe Dalvik cache.

Step 8. Scroll down to install MIUI zip file from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard >> Chameleon-RC1-i9100. Wait till it be flashed completely

Step 9. Finally, reboot again via ClockWorkMod recovery

Step 10. Now your Galaxy S2 should run GalnetMIUI

Download Link

Download for Galaxy S II i9100

http://www.galnetmiui.co.uk/chameleon/rc1/Chameleon-RC-1v2-i9100.zip

Size: 125MB
    MD5:f1cbde73e485cb1d91adfdd91904c198

Credit to bmarko for the kernel
    Nope, it's not based on that rom. It's our own framework.

Thank You for the kernel credits, but this post is only half true. I made some fixes in torch, keyboard, framework, camera, /etc dir which are peresent in this release.
    Screenshots?

Nice to see galnet here...

Screenshots added to the OP.

As for why people should flash this rom over other MIUI roms? It's just more choice for people. We fix things that MIUI leaves broken in most cases, and it simply provides more choice for those who like MIUI, but enjoy the little tweaks we do to take it in a different direction from the stock MIUI.
    The "different Framework" think IS actually a real answer. A different Framework can mean ALOT.

In terms of looks - Its the same as stock MIUI. The changes are like "under the hood". Galnet is creating their own MIUI Framework so they can actually do their work and fixes that the official chinese MIUI team isnt actually doing, or doing very slowly. Plus, Galnet incorperates parts of the Samsung Firmware and merges it with the MIUI Framework. That means -> In the future, when the Samsung TouchWiz Framework files are properly inserted into the Galnet MIUI Framework, we would be able to use Samsung Stock Apps and Widgets with MIUI.

Plus, Galnet has a way bigger chance of removing bugs and adding personal tweaks to the system since they got a better overview of things with their Framework.

One nasty thing has already been resolved: The battery drain bug.

NONETHELESS: bmarko deserves alot of credit, more than just the kernel. He did the pioneer work to port MIUI and did a pretty darn good job doing it. I hope that the Galnet Team and bmarko can kind of work together in the future.

Correct. Even Samsung hasn't been able to fix the Gingerbread battery drain bug yet ;)
    Yup, also very sad here to read this. I will definitly follow you guys' work now there are builds for the SGS II

Sent from my Galaxy S II (XDA-Premium)