JSS15R Causes Reboots When Uninstalling Any App

Search This thread

lmarr28

Feb 20, 2012
As soon as I upgraded my 2013 Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) to JSS15R I started having a problem where every time I try to uninstall an app the tablet reboots. It's not a full reboot, however - it just jumps to the Nexus "X" logo and boots from there.

When I originally updated I was rooted, but I've since performed two factory resets and I still have the issue. I've searched and found lots of posts talking about random reboots, but this definitely isn't random. It's recreatable every time and only seems to happen when uninstalling an app. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Here's a vid showing what happens:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2fDb4kHsY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

GJT-UK

Aug 16, 2013
Thanks for the thread.

I have the same issue mentioned above and can confirm that I have "never" rooted my new Nexus 7, so this is not likely the cause.

Also, the previous poster found that a full factory reset did not sort the issue, so thanks for this and now I won't lose time trying a reset.

Also, the previous poster pulled a full stock image from Google, which fixed his issue. Therefore, this might imply that the JSS15R incremental [I believe all updates so far for this devices were incremental] does not apply properly [in some or all cases]? and/or some bits were left out of the incremental? Or some errors were encountered while applying the incremental? Logs somewhere?

So, any idea when / if a full image will be rolled out from Google for the Nexus 7 (2013)? Never?

I suppose this is only thing good about the ~200 MB "full" CyanogenMod (CM) 10.2 nightly images I put on my SGS III [no incremental issues].

After owning this tablet for 2 months, I as still hoping for stability and have resisted "rooting it" or "ROMming it" in case I need to send to ASUS against the 1 year USA warranty [purchased from Best Buy in USA - April 2013 manufacture date]. Now in London, UK, so no easy way to return it to Best Buy or ASUS USA. :(

BTW, my first purchase of this problematic tablet was returned to Google (Play Store) in early August 2013. Most of the sensors did NOT work.

A bit off topic, but I wonder how well CM 10.2 would behave on this tablet? since even the core Android 4.3 software from Google [which CM is based on] is "still" struggling with issues 3 months after launch for so many Nexus 7 (2013) users.

If I have to wipe the device and install a full JSS15R ROM, then I am open to putting a different ROM like CM.

GjT

Last edited: