[Q] rooted NC5 downgrade to aosp?

Search This thread

theWebDeveloper

Jun 14, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a question... I took the NC5 OTA update not knowing it would lock up the device, in fact the first time I turned it on it was the only option to upgrade or delay it. So I've completed gogolies OTA downgrade to rooted upgrade (NC5) and it worked! every happy about that. However I really want something pure AOSP. Can I downgrade again to an older version in order to load something like AKOP or Cyanogenmod? I looked around for 4.4.2 roms and was unable to find anything pure... when I say pure I mean the AOSP images, icons, software nothing designed by Samsung.

Thank you,
Ck

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Why do you need to downgrade? You can just flash any custom rom you want.

There are a lot of AOSP roms. You can find them in the Original Development section.

theWebDeveloper

Jun 14, 2014
Thank you for the reply however I've tried to install AOKP and CM10 both on slot one and both failed (booted to black screens) and I don't see any I545 roms on this site. Could you point me in the correct direction? I'm currently running rooted 4.4.2 NC5 on i545

Thank you again,
Ck

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Thank you for the reply however I've tried to install AOKP and CM10 both on slot one and both failed (booted to black screens) and I don't see any I545 roms on this site. Could you point me in the correct direction? I'm currently running rooted 4.4.2 NC5 on i545

Thank you again,
Ck

Hi,

Please check for your specific device forum ;).
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-verizon

If you flashed a ROM from the threads on this forum it's very likely it didn't work because the international S4 is different from Verizon one ;).

~Lord