Pebble only charging till 90%

Search This thread

psycho-sonic

Jul 5, 2013
Hi all.

Now i have my second original pebble watch and have a question.
With my first pebble (also on fw 2.3) i never noticed that the battery charging only till 90%.
Now i have the second pebble with 2.3 and when i'm charging it, it charges only till 90%.
Any ideas?

Aut0mat3d

May 17, 2014
Try changing on a USB power supply which provides slightly more than 5v.

Gesendet von meinem Find7 mit Tapatalk

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
@psycho-sonic: Mine does it too, but I'm not too concerned.
Pebble's battery is so small that it is nearly impossible to measure it accurately (this is the official reason why it only shows images and not percentages) so even the Battery Lifetime watchapp is just trying to guess it.

Reactions: psycho-sonic

psycho-sonic

Jul 5, 2013
Pebble's battery is so small that it is nearly impossible to measure it accurately (this is the official reason why it only shows images and not percentages) so even the Battery Lifetime watchapp is just trying to guess it.
Yeah.
But why some users have this and others can see 100%?
Can't understand it.

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Okay, a little more explanation:

The Pebble's battery is rated at 3,7V and 130mAh as you can see here.
Comparing it to the Nexus 4's battery which is rated at 3.8V and 2100mAh the difference in the capacity holding capabilities is huge.

Note that I said it is their rated Amperhour values. Since every battery (and everything inside your devices) has its own, unique manufacturing errors, the batteries in the actual devices are close to these rated values.

Let's say my N4's battery can hold in reality 2090mAh, which is 99.5% of the rated value, so it can be easily considered as 100%.
Now if the Pebble's battery hold 120mAh, it is only 92% of the rated value.

So the point is, every app (even the OS) is checking if the battery is full, it is checking the capacity it holds, compares it to the rated value and checks if it is inside a tolerance interval.
Since the Pebble's battery is so small (in every aspect) this tolerance interval has to be very-very small and if your device's battery's actual full capacity is barely outside this interval, the app will not report 100%.

(I hope you got the point, sorry if something is not perfectly clear, English is not my first language)

Den in USA

Dec 15, 2011
Riverside

Comparing it to the Nexus 4's battery which is rated at 3.8V and 2100mAh the difference in the capacity holding capabilities is huge.

Note that I said it is their rated Amperhour values. Since every battery (and everything inside your devices) has its own, unique manufacturing errors, the batteries in the actual devices are close to these rated values.

Let's say my N4's battery can hold in reality 2090mAh, which is 99.5% of the rated value, so it can be easily considered as 100%.

So the point is, every app (even the OS) is checking if the battery is full, it is checking the capacity it holds, compares it to the rated value and checks if it is inside a tolerance interval.
Since the Pebble's battery is so small (in every aspect) this tolerance interval has to be very-very small and if your device's battery's actual full capacity is barely outside this interval, the app will not report 100%.

Thanks! This is a very clear explaination of why my Pebble may never display 100%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(I hope you got the point, sorry if something is not perfectly clear, English is not my first language)
    I find that if I turn it off and charge it overnight that when I turn it on in the morning, it reads 100%. I don't know how accurate it is though.