Official Bug Report List for XDA2010 Style (Forum Redesign)

Search This thread

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
The XDA 2010 theme is in Open Beta.

Use this thread to report bugs in the new forum style. Screenshots are helpful! Also, be sure to tell us what browser and version you are using!

Please DO NOT report:

- Bugs in IE6 or IE7. We are aware of several issues in IE7 and are working to fix these. IE6 users will need to continue using the old template or upgrade.

- Bugs related to the fact that long thread titles sometimes overlap other elements on the page.

We are working to fix the above ASAP. :)

Thanks everyone!

MOD EDIT: tnyynt: You can read a detaled tutorial called Where Is Everything In The New Forum Style?

Last edited by a moderator:

Livven

Aug 23, 2009
Wiesbaden
livven.me
Not a bug but rather an unncessary feature: Make the font in signatures (currently Trebuchet MS) the same as the posts (Verdana), else it looks a bit strange.

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Great work!, 2010 skin looks great

- When going to write a PM, when entering member´s name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.

- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.

- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
- When going to write a PM, when entering member´s name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.
Not a problem in Chrome. Can other Opera 10.xx users please test?
- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.
This is empty because of your ad-blocker. As per the announcement this is intentional. http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=263
- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin

Again, this is known and mentioned in the announcement.

I'm going to add the announcement to the first post of this thread.

Dave

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.

Last edited:

HomerSp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2010
Stockholm
The "you last visited" and "Private Messages" text at the top right aren't always right-aligned which seems to depend on how long the navigation text is.
"HTC Hero: G2 Touch > Hero, G2 Touch Android Development"
is one example.

Using Firefox 3.6.3 on Ubuntu Lucid.

ben_duder

Retired News Writer
Oct 15, 2008
Watford
The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.

I find this too.

When resizing the browser window (Chrome beta channel), the PM link and forum journey thing merge and the formatting goes weird. I think this is the same bug as above.

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different:) now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!

sorry fore my English!

ben_duder

Retired News Writer
Oct 15, 2008
Watford
I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different:) now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!

sorry fore my English!

Do you mean when quoting posts (like this)?

I can't say it really bothers me... Maybe my screen contrast is higher than yours?

I would like to see some differentiation in colour between stickied and non-stickied threads, though.

Edit: And I know these aren't really bugs, but the 'poll' icon needs updating/enlarging to match the others :p

Another thing I found, and it's probably vBulletin rather than the redesign, but if you enable pop-ups for PMs and click to open them in a new window, nothing happens in Chrome.

Last edited:

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Nice work,indeed , i really like the new style:)
No bug found but just a suggestion, a more darkness colour between unreaded and readed threads.

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Not a problem in Chrome. Can other Opera 10.xx users please test?

This is empty because of your ad-blocker. As per the announcement this is intentional. http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=263

Again, this is known and mentioned in the announcement.

I'm going to add the announcement to the first post of this thread.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Hope another Opera users can give heads up on this.

Thank God my add-blocker works good then:D
Will test more in compact view, and if not convinced perhaps going back to original style...

Last edited:

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
The "you last visited" and "Private Messages" text at the top right aren't always right-aligned which seems to depend on how long the navigation text is.
"HTC Hero: G2 Touch > Hero, G2 Touch Android Development"
is one example.

Using Firefox 3.6.3 on Ubuntu Lucid.
This seems to be working worse than before. Although svetius has asked not to report issues with it, so I guess they already know about it.
Do you mean when quoting posts (like this)?

I can't say it really bothers me... Maybe my screen contrast is higher than yours?

I would like to see some differentiation in colour between stickied and non-stickied threads, though.

Edit: And I know these aren't really bugs, but the 'poll' icon needs updating/enlarging to match the others :p

Another thing I found, and it's probably vBulletin rather than the redesign, but if you enable pop-ups for PMs and click to open them in a new window, nothing happens in Chrome.
1. The colours seem fine all on 3 screens I've tested on. Maybe a screen shot of the exact bit that you are having the problem with.
2. A new poll icon is probably needed.
3. I think this is a Chrome thing, did it work in the old design in Chrome?
Nice work,indeed , i really like the new style:)
No bug found but just a suggestion, a more darkness colour between unreaded and readed threads.
Unread are emboldened and read are not. Just like with the old theme. Forums with unread posts have a Dark > icon, where as read ones have a White > icon.
Thanks Dave,

Hope another Opera users can give heads up on this.

Thank God my add-blocker works good then:D
Will test more in compact view, and if not convinced perhaps going back to original style...
I use the full style and can ignore it. Although I don't look at the index for very long. I jump forums using the "find your device" now that it's on every page.

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
I also am finding little to no difference between the quoted parts of messages.

it is probably a contrast issue.
on my laptop with nvidia gts 360M, If i crank all the settings down, I can finally see a color difference between the quoted text. (but then my entire system looks horrible)

my 19" acer lcd on PC with generic intel graphics also looks the same. (bad)

I am using firefox 3.6.3 on Ubuntu for both laptop and computer.

although I have contrast issues with Yahoo mail as well
so I am sure it is my setup.

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk

on my laptop with nvidia gts 360M, If i crank all the settings down, I can finally see a color difference between the quoted text. (but then my entire system looks horrible)

Looks like there might be some merit in changing the BG colour of the quoted text.

IIRC, the original BG colour was too light and blinding the private beta testers. So the admin's made it darker, I'm guessing that the Quoted BG colour wasn't darkened, leading to the lack of contrast between the two.

Dave

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
aside from the contrast issue,
I love the new design.

Infact I have been using it for a few days now.
I didn't even know it was NEW. I just found it and thought....How did I miss this cool feature....LOL

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Looks like there might be some merit in changing the BG colour of the quoted text.

IIRC, the original BG colour was too light and blinding the private beta testers. So the admin's made it darker, I'm guessing that the Quoted BG colour wasn't darkened, leading to the lack of contrast between the two.

Dave

Agreed. I am using a calibrated panel here, and there is minimal difference between the quoted and normal text colour.

Also, a subjective one, as I really like the theme otherwise, but it seems to be a bit 'plain'. I actually find myself losing attention to threads and doing other stuff with this theme a bit more than before.

I guess I amn't finding it as readable as before, but I can't quantify it really.

Also, is there a possibility of taking the final theme, and cloning it, but popping a 320px width restriction on it, making a mobile version? That would be a nice thing, although the pages take a bit longer than before to render on webkit 3.1 browser.

P

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
I have the same contrast issue. There really is very little difference on my own screen between the background of the quoted text and the other text.

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro

Made a tweak on this to darken up the quoted parts. Better?

We really appreciate all the comments, and we'll get to these things one by one.

Also, huge thanks to Dave for all his help.

By the way: if everyone really hates the new square ad on the home page, we can make it invisible for members. As per the announcement, the last thing we want to do is annoy all of you guys.

Top Liked Posts