another sd card problem... wait - different, really!

Search This thread

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
hi all,

I cannot see or mount my sd card. It can be read and written in PC, but my u8800 can't see it.

I loaded 2.3.5 official. After some search I rooted it somehow and installed "x5 settings" application (I dont remember why I installed it, damn). After using "selecting internal/external memory" area and rebootings, my sd card cannot be seen by the device anymore. When I plugged, there is an option "turn on usb storage" but it doesnt work, just turning and waiting when clicked. In the storage settings "mount sd card" doesnt do anything.

I formatted the sd as fat32, tried using it when backups restored and not restored. But doesnt matter.

Btw, my internal sd is completely free (as i see in the storage settings) but i cannot see it when plugged in the computer neither.

any help will be appreciated,

ismail

edit: when dload of 136 is in the memory card and opened in pink screen, it gives an "update failed".

edit2: 138 and 162 does the same, update failed. Again, i cannot reach my internal sd.

edit3: the problem may be not the sd card (update fails because I try to downgrade from 526 to 1xx). however i cannot reach internal sd. making downgrade from internal sd may solve the problem, anyone knows a way to reach it somehow?

Last edited:

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Have you tried the trick to remove the battery and put the phone to charger and then installing? And after install you put battery back. Also make sure that there is free space in sd. Also make sure there is free space in sdcard. 500MB should be enought.

Reactions: acilipatos

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
I put the b136 rom inside sd card. When battery out, if i plug the device, it starts normally. But if <power+-> combination is used when plugging, it goes to the pink screen and waits.

there are 14 gb free space in external and 2 gb in internal sd card.

btw, thank you for your reply.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
I think you can mount internal sd in ubuntu while in pinkscreen. This requires you to have ubuntu and unlocked Bootloader. To install ubuntu, use WUBI, which is easy way to have it with windows. Blefish has posted a way to unlock to bootloader. There is a link for it in my signature. After these are ready, plug your phone while it's in pinkscreen to ubuntu, and search for 2gb partition. Then pud dload there and continue like you normally do.

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
I'm using Ubuntu right now :) I ll give it a try, thanks again.

edit: tried, but as far as there is no sd card mounted, it seems there is no way to unlock the bootloader. (error: /sdcard/bootloader.bin: cannot open for read: No such file or directory)

Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
On project menu, which is accessible by *#*#2846579#*#*, there is an options menu for sdcard. I think that needed Google option to be enabled. Try to play with the options there(reboot after a change).
Also from X5settings, choose external memory.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
I'm using Ubuntu right now :) I ll give it a try, thanks again.

edit: tried, but as far as there is no sd card mounted, it seems there is no way to unlock the bootloader. (error: /sdcard/bootloader.bin: cannot open for read: No such file or directory)

Can't you do it the automatic way? Do you have CWM installed?

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
On project menu, which is accessible by *#*#2846579#*#*, there is an options menu for sdcard. I think that needed Google option to be enabled. Try to play with the options there(reboot after a change).
Also from X5settings, choose external memory.

There was google mode selected, i tried the others also. No change. imo, source of all the problems is the "x5 settings". I had installed and remove it many times, but before the last uninstall, i changed the option to "external". Now i dont have x5 settings enabled, and dont know how to reinstall since there is no sd.

Can't you do it the automatic way? Do you have CWM installed?

no, i dont have CWM right now, before the sd card issue, I was trying to install it but the bootloader problem was preventing me.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
can you try to install b518 or b517? they are official 2.3.5 betas, but with unlock bootloader.

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
I am downloading them and will try both.

edit: didn't work. "update failed" problem.

Last edited:

acilipatos

Feb 24, 2012
i cannot install CWM because there is no sd card mounted.

also cannot make bootloader work because there is no CWM and sd card.

So not able to install any custom rom from bootloader.

And since my version is b526, i cannot downgrade. (i dont know if the reason impossibility of the downgrade or the sd card problem or not mounting internal sd.)

I will wait the next (final) version. For now, i gave up. Thanks for all :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried the trick to remove the battery and put the phone to charger and then installing? And after install you put battery back. Also make sure that there is free space in sd. Also make sure there is free space in sdcard. 500MB should be enought.