Good roms

Search This thread

powerwill

Oct 27, 2013
What is the best full functioning custom Rom for desire s? I currently have cm7.2, but it's got problems with the Wi-Fi, it's good, but it's boring I would like an Android 4 based rom like cm10.1, but yet again that has bugs, I looked into the pac man rom looks great wanted it, but download was corrupted couldn't find another file for the desire s
Please help me find a good rom that's as great as stock but better and stable. Would like a jellybean look.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
What is the best full functioning custom Rom for desire s? I currently have cm7.2, but it's got problems with the Wi-Fi, it's good, but it's boring I would like an Android 4 based rom like cm10.1, but yet again that has bugs, I looked into the pac man rom looks great wanted it, but download was corrupted couldn't find another file for the desire s
Please help me find a good rom that's as great as stock but better and stable. Would like a jellybean look.

Hi, old quote from a mod.....

"Best" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

ps: pacman link is there, search.. :)

Last edited:

xdanewbnewb

Jul 10, 2013
Sorry for butting in, as @jmcclue said there are links in the PAC thread (mirrors) to the ROM. The link in the first post is corrupted (well, just not working when trying to flash). I think on page 180 or so of the thread there are alternate links that work.

Just as I downloaded that one and it worked fine. Even (fingers crossed) the random reboot problem I was getting initially has stopped!

I've moved from this, to CM10.2, to Carbon, back to this. It's such an amazing sturdy ROM (battery life). Ok, I've yet to tinker with the performance issues (slight lag...but doesn't impede progress or detract from it overall).

I suppose as an aside I tried the CM11 nightlies and was getting the Status 7 when trying to install. But I'm guessing that's just a recovery issue (I hope). Found a 'cheat' video where you can edit a file in the rom to bypass recovery checks...but not advisable.

Going to continue to use PAC and wait patiently for an update.

Reactions: powerwill

powerwill

Oct 27, 2013
Thank you, I have been looking around I did eventually find the link earlier today for the pacRom file that works, I did't think that there was another download link until I went to the end of the thread, the very end and people had posted saying it was corrupted and people were referring to use a link previously posted, now I know that people have put links in threads I will look harder and think better. I have the rom now, yet to flash it though, hope it works out fine. I hate being new to things this is the first forum I signed up too, still getting used to the rules I will eventually get the hang of it been told off for posting to many threads searching more now. Well thanks again.:)

Reactions: asgardr

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thank you, I have been looking around I did eventually find the link earlier today for the pacRom file that works, I did't think that there was another download link until I went to the end of the thread, the very end and people had posted saying it was corrupted and people were referring to use a link previously posted, now I know that people have put links in threads I will look harder and think better. I have the rom now, yet to flash it though, hope it works out fine. I hate being new to things this is the first forum I signed up too, still getting used to the rules I will eventually get the hang of it been told off for posting to many threads searching more now. Well thanks again.:)

No harm done. Another little tip for ya, if u want a rom, and the op download links r down then at the top of the page ul see a box "search this thread" type mirror and then press search, usually (if there is a mirror) ul find easy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, old quote from a mod.....

"Best" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
    Please test these things for yourself.
    This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

ps: pacman link is there, search.. :)

No harm done. Another little tip for ya, if u want a rom, and the op download links r down then at the top of the page ul see a box "search this thread" type mirror and then press search, usually (if there is a mirror) ul find easy.
    Sorry for butting in, as @jmcclue said there are links in the PAC thread (mirrors) to the ROM. The link in the first post is corrupted (well, just not working when trying to flash). I think on page 180 or so of the thread there are alternate links that work.

Just as I downloaded that one and it worked fine. Even (fingers crossed) the random reboot problem I was getting initially has stopped!

I've moved from this, to CM10.2, to Carbon, back to this. It's such an amazing sturdy ROM (battery life). Ok, I've yet to tinker with the performance issues (slight lag...but doesn't impede progress or detract from it overall).

I suppose as an aside I tried the CM11 nightlies and was getting the Status 7 when trying to install. But I'm guessing that's just a recovery issue (I hope). Found a 'cheat' video where you can edit a file in the rom to bypass recovery checks...but not advisable.

Going to continue to use PAC and wait patiently for an update.