UPDATES

Search This thread

fbales

Feb 3, 2011
Montgomery, AL
I got a "minor" OTA update yesterday or day before. I apologize for not writing down what was fixed. Anyone else happen to write it down?

I am happy to see Nvidia keeping its promise to have regular updates.

Last edited:

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
I got a "minor" OTA update yesterday or day before. I apologize for not writing down what was fixed. Anyone else happen to write it down?

What version did it update to? It seems weird nobody else has received or mentioned this update... you sure you didn't just get the 1.1 update we all got several weeks ago?

shoobirdy

Mar 4, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro

I just got the 4.4.2 update! I live in the UK if it helps and also only showed after I powered off and on.

It froze during the update though which worried me a little but I restarted and then it when fine :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-22_02-50-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-22_02-50-27.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 104

madasalizard

Jan 4, 2012
I just got the 4.4.2 update! I live in the UK if it helps and also only showed after I powered off and on.

It froze during the update though which worried me a little but I restarted and then it when fine :)

Nice! Just received the update on mine too, from the UK also.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

drc1

Jul 29, 2013
Hi,
Just got the update to 4.42 kit kat.
Got some error messages as it updated but seems to have worked OK.
Have lost root and cwm though so will have to reinstall both.
I am in the UK too.
Cheers,
Drc

jon7701

Aug 4, 2012
Rebooted my tegra note, noticed there was an update. Saw the numbers (4.4.2). Started freaking out. ;)

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Hope it will work - stuck at 1/4 for 20min now.

e: works. awesome!

Last edited:

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Same here, also in the UK.

Some observations.

The new game controller mapper is excellent so far. I just created a profile for Epic Citadel and it works well. I'm using a Moga Pro Controller in B mode. We should now be able to use controllers for games that don't natively support them.

The bug where unmounting an external hard drive through settings/storage would also partially unmount the microSD card seems to have gone, though I've only tried it once.

The bug when using an external keyboard via Bluetooth or USB OTG where the 'auto correct', 'double tap space bar' and 'auto capitalise' options in the external hardware keyboard section do not work, remains. Shame.

The problems with HDMI out also remain, where video output that was smooth under the original firmware (4.2?) has micro stutters. No idea why, my movies aren't even HD. Also, the ability to zoom in in MX Player to force HDMI output to fill the edges of the TV screen that was possible with the original firmware (which was very useful indeed) has not made a return in this update.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Hope it will work - stuck at 1/4 for 20min now.

e: works. awesome!

Same thing happened to me then it suddenly completed. I had a bit of a panic about it ?

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
exactly like that. anyway, I might have just noticed something that's a huge bummer to me - I can't find battery percentage for the statusbar??

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
exactly like that. anyway, I might have just noticed something that's a huge bummer to me - I can't find battery percentage for the statusbar??

I can't find it either.

I'm not sure I like the KK keyboard either....I want my apostrophe back on the first page ;)

NOVA 3 still thinks we have Nvidia Shields so touch controls don't work. I haven't tried clearing data on the game or reinstalling it though.

Modern Combat 3 no longer works....

Last edited:

jon7701

Aug 4, 2012
So, i flashed my tegra note back to stock and now im stuck on the welcome screen because for some unknown reason my wifi refuses to connect to any network and just sits on obtaining ip address. I have tried flashing a boot image, i have tried wiping again, i have tried rebooting.

Edit: Fixed it by using advanced options to put a static IP.

Last edited:

fbales

Feb 3, 2011
Montgomery, AL
Got My Update to KitKat

I got my update late yesterday afternoon. Whole thing went without a hitch, though it took a long time. Then when finally done couldn't get it to work (things wouldn't open couldn't swipe to another screen, and stuff like that), so rebooted, and then it was fine. I'm really pleased that Nvidia got KitKat 4.4.2 out this fast. Good job, Nvidia!

Just wanted to mention too that it does seem faster, reality? Maybe not. Swiping screens, and multitasking is definitely smoother.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.