[APP][Free] Sliding Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
Introducing Sliding Messaging, a stock text messaging alternative!

FeatureGraphic_zps15e9d887.png

Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google, with added features.

Screenshots:
34xia7d.jpg
20gie4g.jpg
mvqfdx.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, this is a beta after all and will be evolving as android does :D

Play Store Link
Sliding Messaging Pro

Twitter:
@SlidingSMS

Beta Program:
Google+ Community

Last edited:

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
looks interesting
can we have a video demo pls?

You have your thread list. Tap on a thread and it opens the thread. Slide right for a new text and left for the thread list. In the time it would take you to watch a video demonstration you could just install it and play with it for ten seconds then keep or uninstall it.

That said it works nice, but is a little janky and stuttery on my N4. Nice concept though and looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Listy2021

Jan 28, 2012
Does this require the stock messaging app to still be active or can it be frozen? (like I do when using Go SMS)

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
just uptaded the app but still force closes..

I will be looking into these fcs tomorrow, I believe they have something to do with searching through the contacts in the phone book. Are you using stock android or something like Motorola or Samsung software? Thanks for testing!

EDIT: just updated, hopefully will fix FCs people are having! please let me know whether or not it is working now, and if not, send me a logcat and i will do my best to fix! next update: speed improvements hopefully!

Thanks for testing guys :)

Last edited:

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Ok, updated now and its working fine, really like the sliding. This could be the default sms app. Waiting, til it gets more sable and it would be awsom if u could includ fast replay in notification pulldown :) keep it up

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Does it have 160 characters fix? For example for Czech language?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
Does it have 160 characters fix? For example for Czech language?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

i'm sorry, i havent done much language support with it so i really have no idea how it would behave in Czech... it does break messages into more than one if over 160 characters in the english language at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing Sliding Messaging, a stock text messaging alternative!

FeatureGraphic_zps15e9d887.png

Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google, with added features.

Screenshots:
    34xia7d.jpg
    20gie4g.jpg
    mvqfdx.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, this is a beta after all and will be evolving as android does :D

Play Store Link
    Sliding Messaging Pro

Twitter:
    @SlidingSMS

Beta Program:
    Google+ Community
    Anndddd, dark theme has been finished up. Hope that makes some people happy, although I'm not a big fan of it. I'll build it here within the hour and release the update then for everyone to enjoy.
    ic_launcher_zpsb98f096f.png

Good news, update is about ready to go with a shiny new icon and everything :) HUGE thanks to SeV034 for the icon! it is being pushed to a very select group of alpha testers right now, and then in about 12 hours or so will be pushed to beta testers. Assuming all goes well, it will be pushed to production after that, so sit tight :)

Changelog (Version 6.00):
    - Fully themeable Hangouts UI
    - 855 new emojis from Google Hangouts (and of course you still have access to all the old ones, totaling over 1300 different emojis)
    - Ability to attach multiple images to MMS messages
    - Option to display original timestamp in messages
    - Fixed error causing some MMS messages not to be downloaded
    - Added Hangouts theme to go with Hangouts UI
    - More bug fixes

Pro users, don't forget to apply for beta testing if you want in! https://groups.google.com/forum/#!aboutgroup/sliding-messaging-beta
    and there it is, sliding messaging now fully supports sending pictures and group messages. I've found it to be much more reliable then the stock app at it as well, i've always had problems sending mms with that app but there are none of these problems in sliding messaging.
    Guys please stop bumping yourselves. It really helps absolutely no one out. I'm very busy most of the day and cant respond to most posts, but that doesn't mean i don't read them and take them into consideration. I do, every single one of them and do my best to fix issues. Please cut it out, all youre doing is wasting space in the thread... I've seen it all and some requests I like, some I don't. Either way, thank you all for giving them, and please if i dont respond don't take it personally. I'm doing my best with the time i've got but things are getting out of control now.