[app]fix permissions 12/01

Search This thread

gerardroid

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 15, 2010
zwollywood
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

i have been flashing roms for a long time now,and the first thing i learned when a app gave me a force close was to run fix permissions in recovery, i even know people who after flashing a rom, always fix permissions at the end, then reboot ..

but if you like me are running philz this option is no longer available..i searched and found a app which does exactly
the same thing as the one i knew in recovery..

The benefit from this app is that you don't need to reboot into recovery to fix those apps that are FC,and you can also fix permissions for anly the app which gives you a fc...

download1.jpgdownload2.jpg

the app is called:fix permissions(ofcourse;))from its creator Stephen(stericson)

and it can be found in the playstore
its free and there also is a donate-version..

what does fix permissions do?
Sometimes flashing roms, playing with permissions, or performing other root operation can cause the Android system to forget which UID is associated with an application. In reality it does not forget this, it just issues the app a new id and is oblivious to the fact that it already had an id. When this occurs some apps can start force closing due to the UID mismatch between the UID that the system has assigned to the app and the UID that owns that apps data directory,this app will/might solve this problem.

Last edited:

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for this info! I was wondering if you know HOW TO actually fix the permissions of the apps in the list. I can't tell if there's an easy way to do all the apps in the list at the same time or not. Any idea about that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

i have been flashing roms for a long time now,and the first thing i learned when a app gave me a force close was to run fix permissions in recovery, i even know people who after flashing a rom, always fix permissions at the end, then reboot ..

but if you like me are running philz this option is no longer available..i searched and found a app which does exactly
    the same thing as the one i knew in recovery..

The benefit from this app is that you don't need to reboot into recovery to fix those apps that are FC,and you can also fix permissions for anly the app which gives you a fc...

download1.jpgdownload2.jpg

the app is called:fix permissions(ofcourse;))from its creator Stephen(stericson)

and it can be found in the playstore
    its free and there also is a donate-version..

what does fix permissions do?
    Sometimes flashing roms, playing with permissions, or performing other root operation can cause the Android system to forget which UID is associated with an application. In reality it does not forget this, it just issues the app a new id and is oblivious to the fact that it already had an id. When this occurs some apps can start force closing due to the UID mismatch between the UID that the system has assigned to the app and the UID that owns that apps data directory,this app will/might solve this problem.