iphone to galaxy s3 headphone converter?

Search This thread

Zealex

Jan 19, 2013
Hello,

My brother gave me his old BOSE OE2i's and they're nice but the volume up and down buttons do not work because they're originally designed for the iphone and from my understanding apple uses a different pin layout of their 3.5mm connectors. I would love to be able to use the volume up and down buttons, as well as the microphone. The only working button is the middle play/pause/skip button.

FiiO LU2 Cable is the only thing I've found so far but apparently it doesn't make the volume up and down buttons work so that's a pass.... I know you can solder the cable but I don't want to really risk damaging the cable. If anyone knows of any iphone to galaxy s3 headset converters please let me know!

Thanks,
Zealex.

artur3004

Nov 20, 2012
If the headset was originally made for iphone then you can forget it, the volume up/down signal from a certificated/original headset are different as from for example the i9300 original headset. the original headset from the S3 is not even working on a lg smartphone.

and for this no adapters exist

ForeverTroll

Oct 20, 2013
Hello,

My brother gave me his old BOSE OE2i's and they're nice but the volume up and down buttons do not work because they're originally designed for the iphone and from my understanding apple uses a different pin layout of their 3.5mm connectors. I would love to be able to use the volume up and down buttons, as well as the microphone. The only working button is the middle play/pause/skip button.

FiiO LU2 Cable is the only thing I've found so far but apparently it doesn't make the volume up and down buttons work so that's a pass.... I know you can solder the cable but I don't want to really risk damaging the cable. If anyone knows of any iphone to galaxy s3 headset converters please let me know!

Thanks,
Zealex.

I am using too a Bose AE2I with my S3. You can work around this issue with a software as Headset Button .

When you push the central button of the Bose 4 times, the sound starts from low level and increase progressively. You select the volume by pushing the button once again.
This is not perfect by its ok for my usage as sometime I also simply use the s3 volume up and down button.

Last edited:

Zealex

Jan 19, 2013
Bummer that such a converter exists, thanks for the replies guys! Blows that there aren't any headphones that can use the volume controls on the s3... :/