[Q] Perma Brick?

Search This thread

neoneras

Jul 30, 2010
Vilnius
My friend was running completely same setup of latest RastaKat + trinity kernel on N5. This morning device rebooted randomly with factory settings and reported Gallery and Camera stopped working after booting to Android, SIM card was not recognized and internal storage was unavailable. I tried to flash full stock firmware package, unfortunatly cache and userdata coudn't be erased/formated, flashing failed (tried force flash setting on recovery and flash manually as well).
Phone boots to same old RastaKat ROM after everything I've done to him.
I'm completely lost, is it a hardware fault or simple software incident? Any help appreciated and sorry for my English

Last edited:

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
My friend was running completely same setup of latest RastaKat + trinity kernel on N5. This morning device rebooted randomly with factory settings and reported Gallery and Camera stopped working after booting to Android, SIM card was not recognized and internal storage was unavailable. I tried to flash full stock firmware package, unfortunatly cache and userdata coudn't be erased/formated, flashing failed (tried force flash setting on recovery and flash manually as well).
Phone boots to same old after everything I've done to him.
I'm completely lost, is it a hardware fault or simple software incident? Any help appreciated and sorry for my English

Does the phone show up on the computer/device manager? if so, does it have the name it used to have?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Also, did you follow these methods 1&2? if you only did # 1, try # 2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513701

neoneras

Jul 30, 2010
Vilnius
Yep, it responds to fastboot commands with either success or failed responses. It shows in my computer under media devices but I can't access internal storage.

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
Can you tell me pls if your friend used any toolkit on rooting his Nexus?
Because it's important to me to know,if so,I will be aware of toolkits like hot iron. xD

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
OP Im Afraid you will be phoneless for 1 Month as Google warehouse has run dry of N5 32 and 16GB

neoneras

Jul 30, 2010
Vilnius
Well it's not me, my N5 is running like a charm. My poor friend on the other hand had PC HDD failure last week and this week his Nexus died. Well that's karma, because recently he was cheating on his girlfriend :D

Top Liked Posts