[Q] Does Custom ROMs and Custom Kernels have Mic problem

Search This thread

nani67

Hello Everyone,

I have recently purchased a bright red Nexus 5 32GB, and found that there is a problem with mic.
I have to speak loudly or repeat my words so that the other person on call will be able to hear me.
I have gone through this thread and found that am not the only person with this problem and users have also raised the same in this google group.
Users are stating that they have RMA'd the phone but the problem still exists.
I too have done testing with sound recorder apps and they all seem to record my voice properly.
I want to find out if this problem is only in the stock ROM or does it also effect custom ROMs and custom kernels.
so, anyone using custom ROM or kernel can please check and update us if the mic is working properly in your phone, can the other person hear you clearly. can you check any voice recording app and google keep and confirm if the voice recordings are of same volume and clarity.

Thank You.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Ah, so it's not my network then... lots of people saying I'm either very quiet or garbled when I call them. I wonder if the noise cancelling needs tweaking? Could be that it's partially cancelling our voices.

It is indeed believed to be a problem with the noise cancellation algorithm.

some rooted users change a value in their build.prop to "turn it off" but I cannot say for sure it works for everyone.

Waiting for a fix.

nani67

It is indeed believed to be a problem with the noise cancellation algorithm.

some rooted users change a value in their build.prop to "turn it off" but I cannot say for sure it works for everyone.

Waiting for a fix.

i believe its because of noise cancellation.
to check it, i tried using ' ok google ' on my home screen. it wasn't picking up my voice.
then i've closed the secondary mic on top with my finger and said ' ok google ' and it works as it should.
this is working even with my phone calls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It exists for everyone and there is no known fix as yet

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk