[Xposed] MinMinGuard v2.0.2

Search This thread

1300l

Jul 10, 2013
On subject they should make it where you only get x amount of ads to "pay" for the app so if you have an app that cost 3bucks for pro you should only get that many ads till its payed off.

Atleast in my own opinion.

Then do like what hayday does you can get gems or special money after an ad

Anyways glad to see you back an this amazing app is back as well c: thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 running Multiboot - internal Resurrection Remix and Quantum Kernel
Dont get me wrong, i only buy the pro versions as not only they are cheap i prefere the devs to sell the app than to show adds to make money.
But i find ads on a free app a very bad solution, as you mention buy the pro is cheap and worth.

Yet i use this module, not to block ads of all my apps who run ads, but to those who over-do such as a horoscope app my girlfriend use that does not have any payment option, or pro versions and every single click she does it display a full screen ad as well if she dont click on nothing, when she read the horoscope, every 5 secounds it do again.

Reactions: ivoe

bleuwave

Mar 31, 2011
All the people convincing themselves that theyre giving more money to the developer by buying the pro app as opposed to letting the ads display are wrong.

Also, this app is definitely preferable to a hosts file. If this app didn't exist, I'd be pirating many apps that I simply Minmin now. People have been saying left and right that they always have the pro version of the app that doesn't have ads. But they never say if they bought the pro version with money lol.

Let's try to not blatantly fool ourselves here.

Error218

Jun 21, 2013
Is it really back?
Please dont stop the development, thai Is the best xposed module IMHO.
If you want I can pay for this but please dont stop it again.

Inviato dal mio LG-P880 utilizzando Tapatalk

huladaddy

Jul 10, 2012
I'm glad to see this module back in action. I never uninstalled the last version. Hopefully the OP will comment and let us know what is happening. I'll hold off updating until then.

I agree. Why hasn't the OP made a post letting us know he is back, and/or what his plans are? I am still a bit suspicious...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

victorvscn

Apr 30, 2011
All the people convincing themselves that theyre giving more money to the developer by buying the pro app as opposed to letting the ads display are wrong.

Also, this app is definitely preferable to a hosts file. If this app didn't exist, I'd be pirating many apps that I simply Minmin now. People have been saying left and right that they always have the pro version of the app that doesn't have ads. But they never say if they bought the pro version with money lol.

Let's try to not blatantly fool ourselves here.
I've bought dozens of apps, myself. I haven't pirated an app since I was a teenager.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Just to clarify some concerns here. I only opened this thread based on information and links from someone other than the OP, the intent was to continue a good faith effort for further development for this.

Still waiting for reply - So be prepared for any eventual outcome.

Well, been several days and no contact. Turning off the lights for now folks!

remo0073

May 28, 2014
ITALY
The thread is reopened. If you have problems using MinMinGuard, leave your problems here. Please give me the name of the apps along with download links that don't work with MinMinGuard(It would be great if you also post the all the ad networks the apps use).

ps: It's so great to have Xposed working for Lollipop :)

I'm very happy you're back @FatMinMin
You're the best

Does your wonderful module works with "new" Xposed for Lollipop?

FatMinMin

Nov 30, 2012
Taipei
fatminmin.com
Thanks for coming back! Reporting a bug: GasBuddy layout is broken when I enable ad blocking. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gbis.gbandroid

Terrific app otherwise!

... moto x vzw ...

It removes the AD but not the blank space on every view of this App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cketliga&hl=de

Thanks for your awesome module

The new MinMinGuard v1.8.0 is uploaded. It uses new ads removing approach which is is more stable and effective which will not cause some apps to experiece UI crash anymore. Try it :)

titanicninja

Feb 16, 2015
I can confirm that gasbuddy layout looks great with 1.8.0!

One app I've still been experiencing ads with is Skyward (I'm sorry, I can't provide a URL because I'm a new user). It uses AdMobGms and GmsDoubleClick.

Thanks for all of your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    • USE MINMINGUARD AT YOUR OWN RISK
    • MinMinGuard is for experimental purposes only, and comes with no warranty or guarantee.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard are responsible for their own actions.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard agree not to use for illegal actions.
    • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Featured on the XDA portal: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/selectively-block-ads-on-certain-apps-with-xposed-module/
    Featured on the Pocketable: http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/minminguard-xposed-framework-module-patches-ad-holes.html
    Featured on XDA TV:

qhmJx2w.png

Introduction:
    Hi everyone,

Here I am going to share with you my newly developed Xposed module, MinMinGuard. It can completely remove both the ads inside apps and the empty space caused by those ads. Conventional ads removing apps are only able to block the ad content, but the space taken by the ad will still remain unused (black). MinMinGuard successfully removes that black space, which extends the app window and makes your user-experience better.

You can find more information here.

Chat Room:
    You are welcome to join the MinMinGuard Gitter Room for live discussion and supports.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/chiehmin/MinMinGuard
    Under GPL v3.0 license

Download link:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/tw.fatminmin.xposed.minminguard

FAQ:
    Q: Why there is still ads in a few apps?
    A: Some apps use differnt Ad Networks' SDK (Mostly some local ads providers ex: Vpon in Taiwan) that is not currently supported by MinMinGuard. If you encounter this situation, you can open a new issue on Github to let me know and I will try to fix it. The issue should contains at least "appname", "download link" and "which page in the app show the ads". If you don't know how to use Github, you can alternatively fill in this form and I will create the issue for you.

Q: Why ads in websites is still showing?
    A: MinMinGuard currently only blocks the "in-app" ads. Blocking ads in websites may be the future work.

Q: Can I use MinMinGuard along with Adaway?(or any other adblocker)
    A: Yes, they should work perfectly with each other.

Donation:
    If you want to support me, you can donate via Paypal and I will really appreciate you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MinMinGuard, App for the Android General

Contributors
    FatMinMin

Version Information

Created 2014-01-17
    Last Updated 2018-06-24
    The thread is reopened. If you have problems using MinMinGuard, leave your problems here. Please give me the name of the apps along with download links that don't work with MinMinGuard(It would be great if you also post the all the ad networks the apps use).

ps: It's so great to have Xposed working for Lollipop :)
    Hi all,

Due to my daily job and career focus, I can hardly find time to maintain MinMinGuard in recent years. However, it is luckily that MinMinGuard finally has an enthusiastic and brilliant developer @MSkjel who is willing to take over its future development.

Thank you all for the support for MinMinGuard in this years and cheers for @MSkjel .
    MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 works with Virtual Xposed

Hi, I just uploaded MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 with features as follow:

- works with Virtual Xposed (by removing resource hook)
    - compile against sdk27
    - fix some bug which may cause app crashed

NOTE: this is a alpha version, so I put it in the experimental channel. configuration bugs are expected
    v2.0.1 is released with multiple bugs fixed. Changes are as follow:

- Fix crashing when saving the settings
    - Fix unstable UI when switching between the tabs
    - Fix xposed no enabled message not shown problem
    - Only hook into apps when enabled