[COLLECTION][FIRMWARE][RUU][BACKUPS] T-Mobile US - Release Builds (Update 5/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

donciclon

Jul 27, 2012
Are there any disadvantages or consequences to ROM-firmware version mismatch? Or is it just a stability concern?

ggeralds

Nov 13, 2009
Just an FYI - and OP, this would be great to put in the "sdcard install" area.

Once the update has flashed successfully, remove the file (0P6BIMG.zip) from the root of the SD card or you will never be able to boot just into bootloader mode (it will always try to update), UNLESS you remove the SD card.

Learned this the hard way in panic mode......Trust me on this one.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

BTW - I'm one of the lucky ones on T-Mo to get s-off...

Thank you guys soooooo much for making the firmware update process work so well. Worked like a charm the first time using one of the customs.

Reactions: Behold_this

twoeleven99

Sep 17, 2009
NYC/TAMPA
www.leopolancophotography.com
i updated to the latest tmo firmware ...i was on a custom rom arhd and got the update successfully and i am still rooted on arhd. for some reason i thought i would have to reroot my device after applying the update after having s- off...just want to make sure i did it right

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Just an FYI - and OP, this would be great to put in the "sdcard install" area.

Once the update has flashed successfully, remove the file (0P6BIMG.zip) from the root of the SD card or you will never be able to boot just into bootloader mode (it will always try to update), UNLESS you remove the SD card.

Haha, yeah it does auto initiate flash prompt in bootloader if you don't rename the file, erase it, or remove your sdcard. You don't have to accept the flash though. I'll add that note to OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: verysick

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
i updated to the latest tmo firmware ...i was on a custom rom arhd and got the update successfully and i am still rooted on arhd. for some reason i thought i would have to reroot my device after applying the update after having s- off...just want to make sure i did it right

yes you did it right this firmware does not touch root whatsoever. Root is superuser permission within the system. System.img is not included in or modified by firmware. System.img is considered software. Firmware is device-specific and controlling data and code.

Last edited:

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
What exactly does this do? Update everything that you would normally only be able to update via the RUU file?

Say for instance the new T-Mobile update. Updated via the flashable zip someone provided. Already have root and custom recovery. That doesn't provide updated radio, hboot, etc (if I understand correctly) and that's what this does?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

donciclon

Jul 27, 2012
Does the ext_sdcard method work for any firmware package, or is it specific to this one?

EDIT: Decided to be brave and test it myself. Flashed 1.54.401.10 successfully via the MicroSD card. I also removed the recovery.img from the firmware zip so as not to lose TWRP. Did need to re-install elemental kernel though because I forgot to also remove the boot.img, but no big deal.

Last edited:

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
What exactly does this do? Update everything that you would normally only be able to update via the RUU file?

Say for instance the new T-Mobile update. Updated via the flashable zip someone provided. Already have root and custom recovery. That doesn't provide updated radio, hboot, etc (if I understand correctly) and that's what this does?

Anyone?

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Does the ext_sdcard method work for any firmware package, or is it specific to this one?

EDIT: Decided to be brave and test it myself. Flashed 1.54.401.10 successfully via the MicroSD card. I also removed the recovery.img from the firmware zip so as not to lose TWRP. Did need to re-install elemental kernel though because I forgot to also remove the boot.img, but no big deal.

Sorry, I didn't see your post before. Yes that flashing method works for any HTC One M8 firmware as you found out. [emoji106]

Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas

The answers to your questions can actually be found just doing a few searches within the thread, but I will answer it one more time. Firmware does not contain system image at all and does not touch system at all. Your Android system is considered software. Software is never included in firmware packages.

Firmware is device controlling and device specific code and data. It is what allows your hardware to run. It is generally speaking unrelated to software, with the exception of boot.img, which does specifically correspond to the software you are running.

Any of the custom firmware packages in this thread can be modified to your liking. If you want the stock recovery then keep the stock recovery. If you don't, then remove the recovery image from the package.

If all you're looking to do is update the firmware that was recently updated via the OTA simply flash the small custom firmware package. It contains every firmware image that was updated minus the recovery and boot.img.

You need to understand my advice to users to stay away from this thread until you have a solid understanding of what firmware is, is for users own safety. You can very easily hard brick your device (rendering it's completely dead and about as useful as a paper weight) incorrectly modifying or flashing firmware. You really cannot hard brick your device flashing an incorrect custom system (eg a custom ROM). That is a misconception an important point to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
I know the difference between the two, I use to make custom roms and I created the very first custom rom for the SGS3. I'll apologize now and admit I was being lazy and didn't read though the thread.

Basically just take the stock one and remove the recovery and boot to updated everything else related to the upgrade that can't be accomplished without otherwise flashing the RUU .

donciclon

Jul 27, 2012
You really cannot hard brick your device flashing an incorrect custom system (eg a custom ROM). That is a misconception an important point to make.

You know, I always had that nagging question in the back of my mind anytime I read someone warn of hard bricking from flashing a ROM. I was pretty damn sure that a non-malicious ROM cannot brick your device. By non-malicious, I mean one that does not (intentionally) attempt to write to the partitions where HBOOT, Radio and related stuff live. I'm in these forums all the time and constantly see a brick warning from even some real veteran cooks (maybe just to cover their a$$). Thanks, I knew i wasn't crazy.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I know the difference between the two, I use to make custom roms and I created the very first custom rom for the SGS3. I'll apologize now and admit I was being lazy and didn't read though the thread.

Basically just take the stock one and remove the recovery and boot to updated everything else related to the upgrade that can't be accomplished without otherwise flashing the RUU .

You can do that, but you don't need to do any modifying if you don't want to. Just use the custom firmware package in the OP (the first custom package not the expanded one). It has all the updated firmware with only boot.img and recovery.img removed.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
You know, I always had that nagging question in the back of my mind anytime I read someone warn of hard bricking from flashing a ROM. I was pretty damn sure that a non-malicious ROM cannot brick your device. By non-malicious, I mean one that does not (intentionally) attempt to write to the partitions where HBOOT, Radio and related stuff live. I'm in these forums all the time and constantly see a brick warning from even some real veteran cooks (maybe just to cover their a$$). Thanks, I knew i wasn't crazy.

Yup that's right, you hit the nail right on the head with the non-malicious part. Even then there are some safety checks in place as most partitions cannot be written to by recovery, unless s-off. This does not mean a ROM can't leave you with a non-booting phone. That can easily happen but a non-booting phone does not equal a hard brick. Some people even come to call that a soft brick but whatever you choose to call them, they are recoverable.

Reactions: style154
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [COLLECTION][FIRMWARE][RUU] T-Mobile US - Release Builds (Update 5/16)

TMOUS Firmware Packages, RUUs, & Backups

These are the currently publicly available firmware images, RUUs, Stock Nands, and recovery flashable radios for the T-Mobile HTC One (M8) from official OTAs and RUUs. We have made them available here to help make the return to stock (for whatever reason) just a little easier. All of these packages can be obtained through other official means such as OTAs & RUUs. These packages are intended for s-off users & users of custom roms that cannot currently except over the air updates.

Thread Layout:

DISCLAIMER
    Flashing hardware dependent firmware packages is inherently risky. You should know the risks before modifying these software images on your device. You will have no recourse should something go wrong during the flashing process. An error during the upgrade process may render the device non-functional or "bricked." I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. USE AT YOU OWN RISK
    Custom firmware.zips are unsigned, so S-Off is required to flash those packages.
    The firmware section of this thread is geared towards S-Off users that need to return to stock or obtain the nearest firmware. It is not a general update/upgrade thread. It is recommended that you not attempt to flash firmware packages while S-On! Thanks for Understanding.[/B]​

*Importan Notice*

Official firmware package contains the stock boot.img and is intended to be flashed while running a 1.57.531.xx ROM or after flashing a 1.57.531.xx ROM. ROMs built off of a different base may fail to boot after flashing the stock 1.57 boot.img. The official package also includes the stock recovery.img, which has a two step process to enter. First, boot into bootloader and select recovery. Then, at the black screen with the red triangle, press power+UP to enter the essentially useless stock recovery. If you want use a custom recovery, like TWRP, you will need to fastboot flash it again after flashing firmware.

Official Firmware Package​

OTA 1.57.531.7 - T-Mobile USA
    modelid: 0P6B13000
    cidnum: T-MOB010​
    Download:
    tmo_fw_1.57.531.7

Whats included:
    boot.img
    Hboot (3.16.0.0000)
    radio.img (1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F)
    rcdata.img
    recovery.img
    rpm.img
    sbl1-1.img
    sbl1-2.img
    sbl1-3.img
    sbl2.img
    sbl3.img
    splash1.nb0
    tz.img
    wcnss.img

Custom Firmware Packages​

Custom 1.57.531.7 - T-Mobile USA
    Download:
    custom_tmo_fw_1.57.531.7

Whats included:
    HBoot (3.16.00.0000)
    rcdata.img
    rpm.img
    sbl1-1.img
    sbl1-2.img
    sbl1-3.img
    sbl2.img
    sbl3.img
    tz.img
    wcnss.img

Expanded 1.57.531.7 - T-Mobile USA
    Download:
    expanded_tmo_fw_1.57.531.7

Whats included:
    adsp.img
    boot.img
    dt.img
    Hboot (3.16.0.0000)
    pg2fs_spcustom.img
    rcdata.img
    ramdisk.img
    recovery.img
    rpm.img
    sbl1-1.img
    sbl1-2.img
    sbl1-3.img
    sbl2.img
    sbl3.img
    sdi.img
    sensor_hub.img
    splash1.nb0
    tp_SYN3202.img
    tp_SYN3508.img
    tp_SYN3528.img
    tz.img
    wcnss.img
    **This package is the full firmware from the 1.57.531.7 RUU. Only the DZdata.imgs have been removed in order to preserve users internal storage. DZdata wipes and rebuilds storage.**

How to flash:
    • Rename downloaded zip to firmware.zip
    • Copy firmware.zip to your fastboot.exe location (example c:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools/)
    • Open cmd prompt from within your fastboot directory or cd to it
    • Boot device into fastboot mode (power+volume DWN, select fastboot)
    • Connect device to PC
    • Enter the following cmd and wait for device to reboot into RUU mode:
      Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
    • Enter the following cmd and wait for process to complete (note the on screen progress bar will not fill completely, refer to cmd prompt's output for flash details):
      Code:
      fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
      If process fails after updating Hboot with the following error:
      FAIL (remote 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
      simply re enter the above flash cmd to finish the update process
    • If output indicates a successful flash, enter cmd:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    Alternative/PC Free Install Method:
    *requires SDCard*
    • rename the firmware zip 0P6BIMG.zip
    • copy to the root of your SD card
    • reboot into bootloader (power+vol dwn)
    • when prompted to confirm the flash select Yes using volume key to confirm the update.
    **note after flashing with sdcard method, be sure to either rename the zip, delete the zip, or change your sdcard to avoid flash prompt when entering bootloader.
    RUUs​

1.57.531.7 - T-Mobile USA
    Download:
    RUU_M8_TMOUS_1.57.531.7.exe

How to Flash:
    • Download and save the HTC One (M8)™ for T-Mobile ROM update to your PC.
    • Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
    • If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
    • Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
    • Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
    • Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
    • Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
    • Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
    [Stock Recoveries] [TWRP Nandroids] [Flashable Radios] and more.

ALL FILES ON THE LINK BELLOW:​

Expanded firmware pack added to OP

RUU download and instructions added to post #2
    P.S.A.

HTC has posted the RUU for the 1.57.531.7 update. Instructions and downloads can be found here:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-t-mobile/news/

If you are already comfortable with running a RUU and do not need instructions the direct download link is here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_M8_TMOUS_1.57.531.7.exe

I will be uploading the full and complete firmware package from the RUU for those that do not wish to flash it. I will only remove the DZdata.imgs so it does not wipe your internal storage.