OmniRom - Praise and Appreciation

Search This thread

nixg1

Jun 24, 2009
Hey Guys,

With OmniRom in the news recently, just thought i'd try and give them some credit for their work. Remind some of you that might have forgotten about it... since there isn't an official thread for our device, but they are nice enough to provide nightlies for the M7
(Pons had one when he was making the homebuilds though, and it was greatly appreciated http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574641 ) ,

It's been my go to for quite a while. and it's always my go to when another rom gets buggy.
Stable, great battery life, some awesome features.
Plus it's open, they share everything.

I flash every update of just about every ROM available. But i always have an Omni nandroid backup saved.

List of the innovative features:
New - Google hotwords customization from the home screen (launcher3 needed, haven't tested it yet myself)
OmniSwitch
Open Delta - Download / flash only new updates for nightlies. No need for a 200+mb file everyday.
Flash after update - part of Open Delta - flashes whatever zips you want after update.. keep SU, xposed, etcetera
Sound Packs - change all sounds on your device with one file (usually a theme..IE Zelda Sounds)

Also includes a bunch of other options i'm sure you've come to expect - Contextual Headers and Header Shortcuts, DSP manager, active display, Custom button actions... ect.

There aren't as many options as say, AICP, LiquidSmooth or PAC (all awesome, amazing roms in their own way)
It's vanilla android, but stable and reliable (not saying the others aren't by any means!)

Just my personal opinion and would like to know if others feel the same.

Nightly Changelog. https://changelog.omnirom.org/#/m7vzw/next
Download: http://dl.omnirom.org/m7vzw/ (be patient.. little slow)

XDA General Thread http://xdaforums.com/omni

Thanks team Omni!

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah man I second this omni ROMs are bad ass currently running the most recent nightly. I also flashed @buckmarble kernel. It borkes data so I dirty flash the ROM after first boot and dt2w s2w and all that good stuff works great!!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
dysuqy6e.jpg

Omni already pushed 4.4.3!!

Reactions: TheAppleAndroidGuy

TheAppleAndroidGuy

Mar 19, 2013
I'm liking it a lot too but for some reason ok google voice control isn't working for me. Also the custom hardware button controls don't seem to be working either. You guys noticed this at all?

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
I Dont mess with the button mapping. Nor do I use the voice control sorry. I would assume there are probably some bugs to work out with the new android version

TheAppleAndroidGuy

Mar 19, 2013
I Dont mess with the button mapping. Nor do I use the voice control sorry. I would assume there are probably some bugs to work out with the new android version

It was in 4.4.2 as well, hopefully it'll get fixed! Not deal breakers by any means though, the rom is really solid as far as aosp roms go!

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
It doesn't seem to work saying OK Google and also the keyboard voice recognition but if I open search manually it works... it's odd...

That is weird keyboard voice recognition works fine for me I did flash bucks kernel though so idk if that has something to do with it.
If your going to try and use his kernel it Bork's data so you have to flash it boot the ROM then go back into recovery and dirty flash the rom again.

Reactions: TheAppleAndroidGuy

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
Hey guys so I finally got cm11 to build for me so I was looking around for a ROM we Dont have for our phone yeah hard to do in terms of what we Dont already have official support for. Anyways I ran across a ROM called eos been running about 24 hours now and really liking it. Its a very basic aosp ROM and @buckmarble 5/27 kernel works perfect with it. That's the kernel he has packaged with his ROM dt2w and s2w work perfectly.

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
Hey guys so I finally got cm11 to build for me so I was looking around for a ROM we Dont have for our phone yeah hard to do in terms of what we Dont already have official support for. Anyways I ran across a ROM called eos been running about 24 hours now and really liking it. Its a very basic aosp ROM and @buckmarble 5/27 kernel works perfect with it. That's the kernel he has packaged with his ROM dt2w and s2w work perfectly.

Sounds like they haven't changed over to cms unified kernel setup if my vanilla aosp kernel is working on it.

Reactions: coachcrey

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
Sounds like they haven't changed over to cms unified kernel setup if my vanilla aosp kernel is working on it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking all and all very smooth. Just found it searching for a aosp ROM I could try and build we Dont already have.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I was on your ROM but I wanted to be able to change the battery icon without installing xposed framework.

nixg1

Jun 24, 2009
Man, i missed a lot going back the past week!

I have tried the hotwords with Omni, it was hit or miss it seemed.
But, i didn't know if that was due to the launcher apk i installed. It started acting pretty crazy so I uninstalled and pretty much went with the theory like coachcrey... it's new, wait it out.

I've been running the EOS rom though for about a day ( their nightlies are at http://downloads.codefi.re/teameos/nightlies/HTC/m7vzw ...it's not exactly easy to find).
Seems to be pretty solid. Works well.
But, to be honest, nothing to really persuade me to staying with it. But, good enough that i'll keep an eye on it for the future.

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
Man, i missed a lot going back the past week!

I have tried the hotwords with Omni, it was hit or miss it seemed.
But, i didn't know if that was due to the launcher apk i installed. It started acting pretty crazy so I uninstalled and pretty much went with the theory like coachcrey... it's new, wait it out.

I've been running the EOS rom though for about a day ( their nightlies are at http://downloads.codefi.re/teameos/nightlies/HTC/m7vzw ...it's not exactly easy to find).
Seems to be pretty solid. Works well.
But, to be honest, nothing to really persuade me to staying with it. But, good enough that i'll keep an eye on it for the future.
Yeah I've wandered back to sense eclipse for now I always bounce back and forth eos peeked my intrest cause it's based on aosp so bucks kernel works with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dysuqy6e.jpg

Omni already pushed 4.4.3!!

they sure did! And so far it's awesome!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one excited about this
    It doesn't seem to work saying OK Google and also the keyboard voice recognition but if I open search manually it works... it's odd...

That is weird keyboard voice recognition works fine for me I did flash bucks kernel though so idk if that has something to do with it.
    If your going to try and use his kernel it Bork's data so you have to flash it boot the ROM then go back into recovery and dirty flash the rom again.