Geohot root method galaxy note 3 on 4.4.2

Search This thread

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
Worked great I now have the aosp browser all the features working in pie control tb to freeze all the knox crap, setcpu to change the maximum speed etc.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Also wanam xposed also is working - wish this app worked on the Galaxy note pro 12.2!!

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
Root Confirmed working and all Xposed modules are working also. I was able to use the Chainfire SuperUser from the play store.

Sent from the Phantom Drive on Krypton.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
For some reason mine was unlocked, unlock icon shows on boot screen
If you mean that unlocked padlock and the word Custom, that means that the system has been modified (it's been rooted, and that's a modification). It doesn't mean that the bootloader is unlocked. If you want to get rid of that padlock and the "Custom", install Xposed Installer and the Wanam Xposed module. The Security Hacks section has a checkbox to fake a Standard system.

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
I'm not sure why people feel the need to keep reporting that it works. I'd say this is very well established at this point.

konasim

Aug 4, 2009
If you mean that unlocked padlock and the word Custom, that means that the system has been modified (it's been rooted, and that's a modification). It doesn't mean that the bootloader is unlocked. If you want to get rid of that padlock and the "Custom", install Xposed Installer and the Wanam Xposed module. The Security Hacks section has a checkbox to fake a Standard system.

Thanks Got it ,.,,,

B_I_N_G_E

Aug 25, 2013
I wanted to sell my phone today so i went into best buy and tried to have official fw flashed to it. (I won't screw someone into a phone they can't accept ota's on). Anyway, the pc shut it down and said custom os has been installed. (It was stock rooted then unrooted before flash attempt). I am aware this is my problem and I accept that but I just thought I'd share so people know if they use this root method there MAY BE no going back. I'm no programmer though so idk for sure.

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
Interesting. It sounds like Samsung has possibly created a detection protocol for their Best Buy drones with regard to Towelroot and use it as a reason to deny warranty service.

fabolous04

Feb 10, 2009
I clicked the button and I thought it didn't work it was so fast..the old iphone programs werent this,easiest root/ jailbreak ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

colbur87

Feb 25, 2011
Oklahoma City
You could Odin to MLG then have bestbuy flash nc2. I can confirm it works even after towel.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

njdave684

Jul 25, 2012
Interesting. It sounds like Samsung has possibly created a detection protocol for their Best Buy drones with regard to Towelroot and use it as a reason to deny warranty service.

They have. I just tried to get my phone reflashed there and they said it wouldn't work just because it says custom and we all know that is bs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
@njdave684 @SpikeyPsyche
Use the instructions here in my thread to unroot then go to them and they won't notice a thing. That if you have a back up of your stock ROM to restore. I've done it a couple of times with no problems. Both bestbuy and AT&T.

Last edited:
Reactions: njdave684

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
@njdave684 @SpikeyPsyche
Use the instructions here in my thread to unroot then go to them and they won't notice a thing. That if you have a back up of your stock ROM to restore. I've done it a couple of times with no problems. Both bestbuy and AT&T.

thanks for posting how to unroot steps after using TOWELROOT app, this could be sticky note :), it would come quite handy if ever needed to return for services or anything like that :laugh:

Reactions: K-alz

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
thanks for posting how to unroot steps after using TOWELROOT app, this could be sticky note :), it would come quite handy if ever needed to return for services or anything like that :laugh:
Glad It helped you, sir. Spread the word so more people benefit from it. I know I did.

Top Liked Posts