[Q] LTE not working on Z2?

Search This thread

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
So around 3 weeks ago I got a brand new unlocked Z2 D6503. As it says, it supports LTE and the bands it support are available and broadcasted here in KSA.

I'm on the operator Zain KSA and when I manually search for mobile networks, I do see the LTE network by the operator but whenever I select it, it doesn't register on it.

I've tried everything from calling/visiting the network operator from changing the SIM and getting a new one.

The FW I have is .314

Anyone has any experience or any idea? Do I need to reflash the FW?

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
Firstly, are you on an LTE plan? For Singapore, we need to sign up to an LTE plan and the operator has to do the necessary activation, before we can register on the LTE network.

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
Firstly, are you on an LTE plan? For Singapore, we need to sign up to an LTE plan and the operator has to do the necessary activation, before we can register on the LTE network.

That's the thing, I already had 4G activated, and I specially got it deactivated and activated again on this handset. 4G coverage is in my area, each and everything is in optimal condition. The network operator says everything is also fine at their end...

May be enter the correct APN settings for your carrier?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Yup everything is configured correctly

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
I can confirm that it is the handset that is not registering LTE.

I just popped in a working LTE SIM which has full coverage in my area and Z2 fails to register it...

HugePotato

Apr 27, 2009
Cracow
Well I can't say much about LTE since I am on 3G data plan so can't use it. But the funny thing happened that I was on Edge connection, even tho I was in city centre and I could use 3G, it was full. So went into phone options and changed into 3G only and then Z2 has magically seen the better connection. Try to do that for LTE, maybe it will work. Otherwise I would flash other firmware or repair with PCC.

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
Well I can't say much about LTE since I am on 3G data plan so can't use it. But the funny thing happened that I was on Edge connection, even tho I was in city centre and I could use 3G, it was full. So went into phone options and changed into 3G only and then Z2 has magically seen the better connection. Try to do that for LTE, maybe it will work. Otherwise I would flash other firmware or repair with PCC.

Okay so actually solved the issue.

I reinstalled/repaired the FW using Sony PC Companion and now LTE works perfectly. But the side effect? I heard that 4.4.2 causes many bugs and seems like I just got the phone sluggish one.

Phone feels sluggish in different parts as well as when I tap the recent icons button. Also the animation for WiFi turning on and off is not there anymore...

I don't know what's happening anymore....:/

HugePotato

Apr 27, 2009
Cracow
I too have a bit of a lag when I hit recents menu button. I guess it's just the way Z2 is now and we have to wait for new firmwares, hopefully with less bugs, to come.
Happy for you that you fixed the problem with LTE ;)

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
I too have a bit of a lag when I hit recents menu button. I guess it's just the way Z2 is now and we have to wait for new firmwares, hopefully with less bugs, to come.
Happy for you that you fixed the problem with LTE ;)

Yeah, seems like we'll just have to wait for 4.4.4 to hit...

Sad how the animations worked and there was no lag but sadly no LTE functionality. Such bad FW release.

And yeah atleast I fixed the LTE issue as I really can't stand slow internet and H+ seems pretty slow to me.

tarunymca

Oct 26, 2014
Same problem...install the new software through PC companion still the problem

Okay so actually solved the issue.

I reinstalled/repaired the FW using Sony PC Companion and now LTE works perfectly. But the side effect? I heard that 4.4.2 causes many bugs and seems like I just got the phone sluggish one.

Phone feels sluggish in different parts as well as when I tap the recent icons button. Also the animation for WiFi turning on and off is not there anymore...

I don't know what's happening anymore....:/

Dear Majorlay sir
i need your help, i am trying to connect to my lte network, it dont register
i am having new 4g activated Mobily sim in khobar (KSA)
kindly help and send me your number i will call you back
please help me :)
tarun.aggarwalymca@gmail.com