[APP] Show IP Widget

Search This thread

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Show IP Widget is basically a very simple widget (4 X 1 in size) that displays your android device's Internal AND External IP Address in a widget form. It detects your internet connection (both WIFI and 3g) and displays the IP Address accordingly. If your android device is not connected, a "Not connected" text will be displayed instead. You may also touch on the widget to copy the IP Address to clipboard.

More features coming soon! This is my first attempt at creating a widget for development purposes and to learn more about creating widgets for android.

You may grab Show IP Widget along with my other android apps here:
http://slideme.org/user/mlbl

Screenshot:
ipaddress.png

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Updated widget to 1.1, minor update to the size of the widget to match tajm and battstat's widget size in overall height and make it more compatible with lockgo. You can grab it at the link in the first post.

samyvibrantuser

Aug 10, 2010
on a blank screen the widget says not enough room to have it.:mad:

Edit: Spoke too fast. if the phone is held landscape and tried to add the Widget it doesn't work saying not enough room but if i do the same thing on portrait mode then it works. i guess you need to check the size on landscape mode also...
its good. i am working on the similar program with more like using Sockets and UDP.

Last edited:

mlbl

May 28, 2010
will check it out and try to fix it for next release. thx for the info

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Diastro -> Yes, i'm working on this for the next release, should be out soon. Don't worry :)

mlbl

May 28, 2010
thor -> Yeah i will post it up on the market once I get a credit card and pay the USD 25 fee to enter the market :)

0okami

Oct 12, 2005
USA
So i tried it today, but im getting an odd number here...

It shows like this:
Code:
WIFI: DataVortex
f380:8e77:12ff:feab:16b3
[50.41.129.***]

*** is a number but its edited to avoid posting public ip.

So for some reason it looks like its showing my private IP as some other number i have never seen... IPV6? ... -shrugs-
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Honeycomb 3.1

>_< just realized this is a zombie thread from 2010. >_<

Last edited: