How to run NOVA 3 with all Visual Effects (depth of field, etc) on Note.

Search This thread

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Hello guys!
I decided to make a new video showing all the missing visual effects for NOVA 3 on the NOTE.
It runs now like it does on the iPad 2 unlike the normal ipad 3 and phone versions which were missing those effects.

NOVA3 with all Visual Effects

In order to run with all the FX just install Chainfire 3D. I am using the Pro version because it lets me select settings per application.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d
I just click on the Application then select Per-app OpenGL settings.
Then look for NOVA 3 and click on it then just uncheck the "Use default settings" option.
That is all I did. Then I clicked Launch and I got all special effects.

Regards

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Thanks! Uhm do you get better performance using Chainfire 3D?
The extra effects make the intro run a bit laggy but the actual game looks pretty smooth. I still think it looks smoother without the effects but is still smooth enough to play with the effects. You can compare the two videos on my channel.

This is the one showing a smooth performance WITHOUT the special effects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNQbbQdEqk

3mL

Nov 3, 2009
Vikbolandet
The extra effects make the intro run a bit laggy but the actual game looks pretty smooth. I still think it looks smoother without the effects but is still smooth enough to play with the effects. You can compare the two videos on my channel.

This is the one showing a smooth performance WITHOUT the special effects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNQbbQdEqk

Oh okay, much smoother than mine! But how about other games? Does the chainfire 3D drivers affect them anything without setting any per app settings?

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
The smoother one is actually with NO chainfire jus to clarify but even with 3D fire and the added effects it looks pretty smooth I think.
I have not tried any others but I will sure start digging about this because its is VERY interesting to say the least.

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011
Try overclocking your GPU to 400MHz and bump up the voltage to 1050mV. You might find it will run smoothly then even with all effects on.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Try overclocking your GPU to 400MHz and bump up the voltage to 1050mV. You might find it will run smoothly then even with all effects on.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I am running 1.6Ghz and 400Mhz as per my fiery sig lol. Like I said, the game still looks smooth just not as smooth as without the effects,which of course is to be expected.
Mostly then INTRO is the one that seems to lag more as the actual game play looks almost the same to my eyes so , I can live with that but I wonder how can we hack the game to show the effects without chainfire. There has to be away for sure.

Emaaans

May 28, 2012
Hey guys are you running ics? Does chain fire 3D work with ics?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

diamondheart

Sep 22, 2011
Version ?

Hi
I just want to know which version of nova 3 run on your Note. I installed nova 3 v1.0.0 on my Note and it says incompatible with my device. Thanks in advance.

M3GATROLL

Mar 10, 2012
Hi
I just want to know which version of nova 3 run on your Note. I installed nova 3 v1.0.0 on my Note and it says incompatible with my device. Thanks in advance.

hum... next time test official version, not warez.
or you have not a good site of warez :cool:

thx for the trick and tips ! run like a charm

Last edited:
Reactions: shaolin95

Top Liked Posts