Did you stay stock or root?

Search This thread

micahman

Sep 1, 2011
Rooted and using cleanrom. Worth rooting just so I can use LMT launcher and cleanrom is much faster than stock.

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
Looks like alot of people afe remaining stock with this device, compared to others

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Stock is damn good. Samsung really did well with this phone. I still prefer custom, but I could see why people are happy with stock.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010
Stock is damn good. Samsung really did well with this phone. I still prefer custom, but I could see why people are happy with stock.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

It is damn good. I just wish we could actually remove bloat without root.

Google Wallet without installing a hacked version would be nice too...

sleepy8686

Feb 18, 2013
Detroit
First off I must say I absolutely love my Note it took years to find the perfect phone and now I have it :)

Second I had been so happy with it I had absolutely no plans on rooting or roms etc. its that good stock.

Coming from my SG2 I did miss my free tethering so I decided I would go ahead and root and leave it at that.........well that didnt stay because I just like to tinker too much :p

I have installed Jedi XX and all I can saw is WOW! just when you think it cant get any faster its blazing and even my data speeds have improved!

Reactions: Mftek1

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
First off I must say I absolutely love my Note it took years to find the perfect phone and now I have it :)

Second I had been so happy with it I had absolutely no plans on rooting or roms etc. its that good stock.

Coming from my SG2 I did miss my free tethering so I decided I would go ahead and root and leave it at that.........well that didnt stay because I just like to tinker too much :p

I have installed Jedi XX and all I can saw is WOW! just when you think it cant get any faster its blazing and even my data speeds have improved!

Do u recommend jedi xx?

LfnsR

Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA

+1. JediX-X is the bomb! Rooted my N2 the day after I got it. :D

Do u recommend jedi xx?

Definitely! Really great rom. JediX if you want multi window or Jedi Master if you need wifi calling.

Sent from my Note 2 via Tapatalk!

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Just curious to see:

How many people actually stayed stock vs
How many people actually rooted/flashed roms and actually stayed rooted

I havent seen a tread like this, and I thought it would be pretty cool to see what everyone else has done ^.^

I rooted mine the first minute I had it home. For several reason...

1. I like to use my device as a "Linux learning tool"
2. I think it is morally wrong to sell a computer to somebody and tell them what they can't do with it
3. customization

flashed a ROM? that didn't happen until after about a month or so when the UVL4 update dropped or whatever for t-mo. continued to play around with it.

i don't think anybody should have an android device and NOT be rooted. just doesn't make sense not to. saved backups, tipping off the "performance cup" of your device. getting updates as you choose, not as they are force upon you. removing spyware from your device.

there is no reason to NOT root.

LfnsR

Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA

2. I think it is morally wrong to sell a computer to somebody and tell them what they can't do with it
3. customization

flashed a ROM? that didn't happen until after about a month or so when the UVL4 update dropped or whatever for t-mo. continued to play around with it.

i don't think anybody should have an android device and NOT be rooted. just doesn't make sense not to. saved backups, tipping off the "performance cup" of your device. getting updates as you choose, not as they are force upon you. removing spyware from your device.

Hey cobraboy. Remember you from the Evo3D forums. I see you moves to the N2 on T - Mobile a I did. Beast of a phone! Have you put together any mods for it yet?

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Still rooted and loving ptmr work and 4.2.2 :D.!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361497222594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361497222594.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 100

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Rooted with deodexed rom.
So far I've enabled wallet (which I use all the time), unlimited multi windows(use all the time), changed my status bar up, bootanimation and sound, and spen sounds...

how did you enable wallet, ive tried.

rooted and romed within 24 hours of purchase, and i bought it 2 days after tmo release date

Sent from my SGH-T889

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
All stock. For now. I do want to root to remove bloat. What spyware is that you were speaking of cobraboy?

Note 2, yeah son!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im stock. I havent came across a reason for me to root or install a rom.
    Just curious to see:

How many people actually stayed stock vs
    How many people actually rooted/flashed roms and actually stayed rooted

I havent seen a tread like this, and I thought it would be pretty cool to see what everyone else has done ^.^

3. customization

Stock. Too beast of a phone for custom ROMs to be a necessity.

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

+1. JediX-X is the bomb! Rooted my N2 the day after I got it. :D

Do u recommend jedi xx?

Definitely! Really great rom. JediX if you want multi window or Jedi Master if you need wifi calling.

Rooted with deodexed rom.
    So far I've enabled wallet (which I use all the time), unlimited multi windows(use all the time), changed my status bar up, bootanimation and sound, and spen sounds...