For anyone thinking of using a Tetrax mount with their M8

Search This thread

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I've used Tetrax mounts for a couple of my phones now and they've all worked great. I would put the metal disc on the back of a case so i wouldn't have to stick anything directly on the phone. When it came to the M8 though i suspected that there would be a problem since the back of the case is where the dot view case has a magnetic switch to tell the phone when its in a dot view case.

I tested it by simply putting my phone up to the tetrax base without the disc, and the screen went off. When i powered it back on it was the dot view app so if anyone is going to use a tetrax mount, you'll have to freeze or get rid of the dot matrix app somehow. I'm rooted so i just used titanium, not sure if the app itself can be disabled on stock firmware though. After it is disabled the screen will turn off when you put it on the mount but it won't trigger dot view.

Juvenall

Apr 27, 2011
#!/usr/bin/Detroit
plus.google.com
Oh, this is good to know! I've been using the Tetrax X-Way for a few generations of devices now, but since I wasn't able to find a good slim fit case yet, I took someone's suggestion of trying the Kenu Airframe and so far, it works just as well without the hastle of having the special "car case".

kappen

May 1, 2011
I've used Tetrax mounts for a couple of my phones now and they've all worked great. I would put the metal disc on the back of a case so i wouldn't have to stick anything directly on the phone. When it came to the M8 though i suspected that there would be a problem since the back of the case is where the dot view case has a magnetic switch to tell the phone when its in a dot view case.

I tested it by simply putting my phone up to the tetrax base without the disc, and the screen went off. When i powered it back on it was the dot view app so if anyone is going to use a tetrax mount, you'll have to freeze or get rid of the dot matrix app somehow. I'm rooted so i just used titanium, not sure if the app itself can be disabled on stock firmware though. After it is disabled the screen will turn off when you put it on the mount but it won't trigger dot view.

Strange, I've been using mine with it for the past few days and it has never kicked into dot mode. Maybe the case is thick enough that I have. I have a thinner one on order so hopefully it won't change.

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I tried it with a tpu one and its doing it. A thicker case like an otterbox might be just thick enough

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

kappen

May 1, 2011